Rumpot

Weekdays Thread (6/5-8)

32 minutes ago, PrinceRico said:

Good numbers for Spidey and TLM

What is considered good now? I'm genuinely curious. It just fell behind Aladdin in its DOM gross and DOM was supposed to be TLM's saving grace. I also don't want to devolve this into primitive bickering about TLM, but I just want to know what is supposed to be good for TLM.

Edited by Austin
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Austin said:

What is considered good now? I'm genuinely curious. It just fell behind Aladdin in its DOM gross and DOM was supposed to be TLM's saving grace. I also don't want to devolve into primitive bickering about TLM, but I just want to know what is supposed to be good for TLM.

If it breaks $300M DOM, for me, that would be really good, b/c I had it in the $200-$300M DOM zone pre-summer, so that would beat my DOM expectations, even if not by a huge margin.

But I don't know what others think.

Edited by TwoMisfits
  • Like 4

36 minutes ago, ThePrinceIsOnFire said:

At this point it's just pure delusion. 

There is a lot of sugar coating  on the way of this movie, for whatever reasons. However it is a flop internationally (and stating that it isn't because it's "allegedly" doing well in my country, Italy, it's nothing but a laughable lie) and it's looking not so great dom, after all. Earning less than Aladdin dom (probably a quite a bit less, maybe even 50M+ total difference) on an inflated budget that it will never recoup: what does it take for it to be unanimously called a flop?

It's time for people to accept that the disney live action remake era is OVER. People are sick of these cash grabs that add nothing and have no artistic values. Snow White will be the ultimate flop and nail in the coffin of this horrible genre.

Disney better grow a pair, hire some good screenwriters and start producing some nice original content. Time is up

TLM can have a good DOM finish and a poor INT one...just like Fast X can have a poor DOM finish and a decent INT one...and both could end up losing money WW b/c of their budgets and their inability to attract the projected audience in their underperforming region.

What that means is that, without the guarantee of a full WW audience, both probably need to reduce budgets if they want another edition (for Disney, it's another classic live action, for Fast X, it's Fast XI)...

But that said, the performance in the region would still have to be "good" - TLM over $300M DOM would be good - it would be sitting #4 for the year DOM halfway through and probably ends up Top 10ish...Fast X will be sitting #2 INT for the year from Hollywood and probably also ends up Top 10ish.

It's only not good b/c of the studio error in budget allocation for the property...tentpole budgets for what was not or what was no longer true tentpole property.

Edited by TwoMisfits
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, ThePrinceIsOnFire said:

At this point it's just pure delusion. 

There is a lot of sugar coating  on the way of this movie, for whatever reasons. However it is a flop internationally (and stating that it isn't because it's "allegedly" doing well in my country, Italy, it's nothing but a laughable lie) and it's looking not so great dom, after all. Earning less than Aladdin dom (probably a quite a bit less, maybe even 50M+ total difference) on an inflated budget that it will never recoup: what does it take for it to be unanimously called a flop?

It's time for people to accept that the disney live action remake era is OVER. People are sick of these cash grabs that add nothing and have no artistic values. Snow White will be the ultimate flop and nail in the coffin of this horrible genre.

Disney better grow a pair, hire some good screenwriters and start producing some nice original content. Time is up

So that's why you have such resentment and anger for this movie? Because it's not artistic enough? Lol. Sure... We can pretend that's the reason.

• Like 4
  • Knock It Off 1

25 minutes ago, Austin said:

Apparently live action Minecraft and Fast X 2 have the same penciled down release date. Interesting faceoff if those two don't move lol.

Wait...live action Minecraft? I thought this was an animated movie, which makes way more sense. That sounds uncanny and creepy lol

2 minutes ago, Eric Prime said:

Wait...live action Minecraft? I thought this was an animated movie, which makes way more sense. That sounds uncanny and creepy lol

Yes and apparently starring Jason Mamoa.

Just now, Austin said:

Yes and apparently starring Jason Mamoa.

...just make a cartoon version of Cast Away, have some wacky celebrity voices for the Creepers, and you make a billion dollars. This is silly.

• Like 2

Just now, Eric Prime said:

...just make a cartoon version of Cast Away, have some wacky celebrity voices for the Creepers, and you make a billion dollars. This is silly.

I sometimes wonder how these pitch meetings go.

If you've ever heard of the Pitch Meeting youtube channel, apparently the guy who makes those skits says the pitch meeting skits he makes are sometimes very accurate to how they actually go down based off people in the industry who have contacted him about his videos.

• Like 2