Rumpot

Weekdays Thread (6/5-8)

We have any ideas where ATSV 2nd weekend should be around based off Monday and Voldemort's Wednesday if that holds? Or is it just too early to tell.

Edit: didn't see charlie also said $11M

Edited by Austin
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

So AtSV and TLM Wednesday both lower than their Monday number, right? Maybe just not full on summer days just yet? 

NY schools are still in session, I imagine it's the same for a lot of the northeast. I'm sure you'll see weekdays getting stronger as the weeks roll in until they hit their height by the end of June.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

So AtSV and TLM Wednesday both lower than their Monday number, right? Maybe just not full on summer days just yet? 

New releases almost always have an inflated first Monday, picking up weekend leftovers for the opening 

Thor L&T turned a $8.9M first Wed into a $46.6 second weekend, applying that multi here would be $57.5M 2nd weekend for ATSV,  but have to account for PLF loss and mod-June vs July 

Edited by M37
  • Like 2

I’m always wondering if some of these Barbie predictions are serious. It looks like a good movie and I will see it, but it also seems like the epitome of online hype that doesn’t translate to real life (the type of movie that some people suspected Spider Verse 2 would be). Just based on the trailer it doesn’t look appealing to kids, and the adult audience for a presumably ironic and “intellectual” Barbie movie seems limited, even if the movie is good. 

The summer crown seems very safe for Spider Verse 2 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, M37 said:

New releases almost always have an inflated first Monday, picking up weekend leftovers for the opening 

Thor L&T turned a $8.9M first Wed into a $46.6 second weekend, applying that multi here would be $57.5M 2nd weekend for ATSV,  but have to account for PLF loss and mod-June vs July 

Oh, no doubt. I think we were seeing the Wednesday increases years ago when Aladdin had an excellent Wednesday number this week... I wonder if something was up that Wednesday that particular year. This does seem normal especially post Covid.

1 hour ago, M37 said:

Yes. Good to give us perspective and remind us... Gotta account for something else too... I don't think Thor lost any PLF (I could be mistaken) whereas Spidey is not losing all of them but absolutely losing a chunk of them.

16 minutes ago, IronJimbo & Sheldon's Son said:

A sub-50% hold would be great since wonder woman dropped 52% in 2017 versus just a 30m opener

Wonder Woman only dropped 43%

1 hour ago, Into the Legion-Verse said:

Wonder Woman only dropped 43%

Yup. Then, sub 30% drop in its 3rd weekend. Then, no weekend to weekend drop above 39% the rest of its run with a few sub-28% drops mixed in there too. Pretty miraculous run for that movie. To open to 103M in summer and have 4 multiplier is incredible and incredibly rare (especially this century). What Top Gun did last summer was simply incredible too.

Edited by JohnnyGossamer
  • Like 2

Similar to GotGV3, anything over 60M+ this weekend for AtSV would be outstanding especially given it's losing some PLFs to TRotB and it's burning more demand off with great weekday numbers as we're into summer days and closer and closer to full on summer days when all kids are out of school. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ThomasNicole said:

ATSV seems pretty much locked for 400M DOM, should win the summer 

I´m thinking:

SV +400M 

Vol3 365M 

TLM 315M 

With Barbie being the outlier with a shot surpassing TLM if the insane online hype put butts in the seats. I just don´t see MI7 getting there without PFL´s for more than a week

Well, MI7 now has PLF shows from Sunday July 9 through Thursday July 20, so it's expanded PLF as much as it can...