Issac Newton

Weekday Thread | WED NUM - Spidey $6.4M TF7 $4.3M TLM $3.0M

For what it's worth, I drove an hour today to go watch the Boogeyman. To say I was disappointed would be the understatement of the day. I really thought with the combination of Stephen King and the apparent audience fear factor that this would really be something that appeals to me. Obviously I can't get into spoilers in this thread but this movie is filled with horror movie cliches and it suffers from the same stupidity as a film like The Strangers did. Eventually, as I sat in the theater all by myself, I started yelling at the screen for the characters to do what normal people would do in those situations. 

These last few years of horror movies have really been hit or miss for me. Maybe it's because I'm in my fifties now and I just don't connect with the horror movies that are made anymore but I really thought this one was going to be good.

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, baumer said:

For what it's worth, I drove an hour today to go watch the Boogeyman. To say I was disappointed would be the understatement of the day. I really thought with the combination of Stephen King and the apparent audience fear factor that this would really be something that appeals to me. Obviously I can't get into spoilers in this thread but this movie is filled with horror movie cliches and it suffers from the same stupidity as a film like The Strangers did. Eventually, as I sat in the theater all by myself, I started yelling at the screen for the characters to do what normal people would do in those situations. 

These last few years of horror movies have really been hit or miss for me. Maybe it's because I'm in my fifties now and I just don't connect with the horror movies that are made anymore but I really thought this one was going to be good.

Im  almost 50 and The last Stephen King I liked was the 1994 stand mini series...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, baumer said:

That's a shame, I was actually considering seeing this as the trailers didn't look too bad and Sophie Thatcher is my favorite of the young versions of the cast in Yellowjackets (Christina Ricci as Misty for the adult versions).

Your review carries some weight with me as I also hate stupidity in movies and I'm also in my 50's.😜

I'll probably check it out once it is free , which probably won't be too far off in the future.

58 minutes ago, Incarnadine said:

That's a shame, I was actually considering seeing this as the trailers didn't look too bad and Sophie Thatcher is my favorite of the young versions of the cast in Yellowjackets (Christina Ricci as Misty for the adult versions).

Your review carries some weight with me as I also hate stupidity in movies and I'm also in my 50's.😜

I'll probably check it out once it is free , which probably won't be too far off in the future.

If you don't like stupidity in movies where you know damn well that in real Life, characters wouldn't behave the way they do in movies then I'm almost 100% certain you'll feel the same way that I do. Now having said that the movie did make my skin goose pimply in some parts and I did get a rush of adrenaline every once in awhile. So as a horror movie it definitely has some things going for it but for me the bad just outweigh the good. So yeah maybe wait until it comes on ppv, which like you said isn't going to be too long from now.

1 minute ago, baumer said:

If you don't like stupidity in movies where you know damn well that in real Life, characters wouldn't behave the way they do in movies then I'm almost 100% certain you'll feel the same way that I do. Now having said that the movie did make my skin goose pimply in some parts and I did get a rush of adrenaline every once in awhile. So as a horror movie it definitely has some things going for it but for me the bad just outweigh the good. So yeah maybe wait until it comes on ppv, which like you said isn't going to be too long from now.

I mean I know your a huge slasher fan like I am so I usually get over character stupidity in horror movies lol

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, cooldude97 said:

who had Transformers flopping but still outgrossing Flash on their bingo cards?

I mean we still have to see how the legs go but just going by OWs, if international was stronger this (Transformers)'d be a success. It's at worst right now a disappointment. The budget was 200 million so its break-even is 500 worldwide.

8 hours ago, cooldude97 said:

who had Transformers flopping but still outgrossing Flash on their bingo cards?

Domestic wise even if Flash opens slightly lower, i think Flash will still beat Transformers with better legs.

Transformers was a terrible movie.. No offense to any fans.

20 minutes ago, TigerPaw said:

Domestic wise even if Flash opens slightly lower, i think Flash will still beat Transformers with better legs.

Transformers was a terrible movie.. No offense to any fans.

I enjoyed the action and the lead was at least relatable. I wouldn't say terrible and I'm not even a fan of the franchise.

ITSV: -24%

TF7: -39%

TLM: -26%

I'm curious about Spiderverse's drop today, thinking it could be near 20%, though Transformers may also be close considering the loss of PLF. Feeling like the best goals for the two are $30m and $25m respectively.

17 minutes ago, Issac Newton said:

1. SPIDER-MAN ($6.4M, $247M)

2. TRANSFORMERS ($4.3M, $77M)

3. THE LITTLE MERMAID ($3M, $239M)

Can I say, looking back at Aladdin (to compare with Mermaid for a final), we underestimated that run b/c starting Father's Day weekend, that movie went bonkers for 6 weeks...

As for Spidey, another almost $2M same-for-same weekday gain on GOTG 3, with that movie coming up on a decent, but not amazing drop vs Fast X, so Spidey might keep its weekday gap lengthening vs losing some back this weekend...to get close to $400M, Spidey's gonna have to keep that up (right now, it's $16.2Mish above GOTG 3's run on same for same dates)...

GOTG 3 went $32.4M on the same 3rd weekend...

4 minutes ago, IronJimbo & Sheldon's Son said:

It's interesting that there's a disconnect between early reviews from western vs eastern audiences for The Flash

Yeah, China favoured "Moonfall" over Holland's "Uncharted" last year and was close to defeat DC's "The Batman". Though, DOM speaks different for all three.

The Flash might end up in good total but depends extensively how it holds from Nxt THU against Dragon Boat Festival works.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

Can I say, looking back at Aladdin (to compare with Mermaid for a final), we underestimated that run b/c starting Father's Day weekend, that movie went bonkers for 6 weeks...

As for Spidey, another almost $2M same-for-same weekday gain on GOTG 3, with that movie coming up on a decent, but not amazing drop vs Fast X, so Spidey might keep its weekday gap lengthening vs losing some back this weekend...to get close to $400M, Spidey's gonna have to keep that up (right now, it's $16.2Mish above GOTG 3's run on same for same dates)...

GOTG 3 went $32.4M on the same 3rd weekend...

I don't want TLM to pass GOTG Vol 3 cause better movie should make more. TLM is alright but GOTG Vol 3 actually has something to say. I relented and watched and yes I teared up but dammit the movie is the best of the year so far. And I've seen ATSV which is also very good.