Issac Newton

Weekday Thread | WED NUM - Spidey $6.4M TF7 $4.3M TLM $3.0M

3 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

Just hoping it get to that 3+ multi... That's pretty rare with superhero stuff since 2010 or so.

Unless it craters against Flash this weekend it should get there. Only needs another $18.7m after Monday.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ringedmortality said:

So is 850 still on the table?

I would say yes. Might cap out around there though. It needs like a little over $20M more from both DOM and OS to make it.

34 minutes ago, Austin said:

Didn't INT drop just 40% from last week? Or is that too sharp.

Was a 46.6 percent drop. The course may still change but that's too harsh to expect 400m + OS tally from an 88m opening.

Not much higher than TLM's 2nd weekend despite opening 20m higher.

Edited by ogkalu

7 minutes ago, ogkalu said:

Was a 46.6 percent drop. The course may still change but that's too harsh to expect 400m + OS tally from an 88m opening.

I think the discussion was Guardians not AtSV

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, ogkalu said:

I thought we were talking about GotG3?

19 minutes ago, cooldude97 said:

I'm not good at reading weekday drops/increases but I feel like Rise of The Beasts being below ATSV two days in a row now is not a good sign for its legs right?

Edited by Mulder
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Mulder said:

I'm not good at reading weekday drops/increases but I feel like Rise of The Beasts being below ATSV two days in a row now is not a good sign for its legs right?

Not exactly since ATSV was higher on Sunday than ROTB so it being higher is expected. However, Monday drop for ROTB wasn't great. It had one of the higher drops at 68% so we'll see what kind of impact Thursday previews will have followed by Friday jump. Currently, I'm expecting high 50s to low 60s drop for the weekend. 

• Like 4

(3)    The Little Mermaid    Walt Disney    $4,066,260    +29%    -33%    4,320    $941    $236,383,794    19
(4)    The Boogeyman    20th Century…    $1,212,053    +20%    -26%    3,205    $378    $27,197,375    12
(5)    Guardians of the Galaxy V…    Walt Disney    $1,147,524    +25%    -26%    3,175    $361    $337,669,036    40

Strong holds for all 3 of them!

https://www.the-numbers.com/daily-box-office-chart

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, cooldude97 said:

It's Monday drop might not have been great but that +38% today is substantially better than anything else in the top 6, aka any of the films still making substantial $$. Is that just a product of it being the newest release on discount Tuesday? I've never noticed that, if consistently so.