Issac Newton

Weekday Thread | WED NUM - Spidey $6.4M TF7 $4.3M TLM $3.0M

To whether Elemental has an effect on Mermaid or Spidey...I've gotta say...I didn't think I'd live to see the day where my local Cinemarks, the family drawing theaters in the area, have multiple Pixar showings with no seats sold for opening day.  So many empty showings on a presale-friendly product.

43 total seats sold for the day, with 24 in one single showing.  They could all fit in one of the smallest theaters at one showing.

Whoever said possibly under $3M for the day...mentally, I was struggling to see Pixar brought SO low on a summer open...but it's possibly happening...it's now all about salvaging the weekend for Pixar (and probably all the openers)...

Edited by TwoMisfits
  • Astonished 1

1 hour ago, TwoMisfits said:

To whether Elemental has an effect on Mermaid or Spidey...I've gotta say...I didn't think I'd live to see the day where my local Cinemarks, the family drawing theaters in the area, have multiple Pixar showings with no seats sold for opening day.  So many empty showings on a presale-friendly product.

43 total seats sold for the day, with 24 in one single showing.  They could all fit in one of the smallest theaters at one showing.

Whoever said possibly under $3M for the day...mentally, I was struggling to see Pixar brought SO low on a summer open...but it's possibly happening...it's now all about salvaging the weekend for Pixar (and probably all the openers)...

tragic. Here’s hoping we’re in for a surprise and some great legs, but I’ve a feeling this is going to sum up what Disney have done to their greatest brand better than anything. 

Families everywhere are bound to want to see Elemental. How many of them have been trained to now wait for free? It’s so sad.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 1Robert1 said:

there is no chance that tlm will pass gotg

1 hour ago, Liiviig 1998 said:

TLM ain't going to touch guardians. It's still 4m behind Aladdin and even dialies are still below Aladdin unless something changes  TLM is a 340ish m at best.

Holds are really good tlm but Aladdin weekdays are just a little too strong.

GOTG Vol 3 is a WOM monster for a reason. Would be nice for Charlie's predix of 850M WW to come to pass.

Edited by Valonqar

3 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

GOTG Vol 3 is a WOM monster for a reason. Would be nice for Charlie's predix of 850M WW to come to pass.

WW total might be hard but Dom is only 13.3mil away after making 1.1mil tuesday so should get closer to 360 than 350

Aladdin late legs were insane, TLM shouldn't be expected to keep pace. Prob finishes in the low 300s. Could have done better if there was less competition for screens. I think Disney should have released it on mothers day weekend and move Guardians to another date.

3 (3) The Little Mermaid Walt Disney $3,034,362 -25% -29% 4,320 $702 $239,418,156 20
4 (4) The Boogeyman 20th Century… $1,016,810 -16% -18% 3,205 $317 $28,214,185 13
5 (5) Guardians of the Galaxy V… Walt Disney $937,790 -18% -23% 3,175 $295 $338,606,826 41

Great weekly hold for all 3! Special shoutout to Boogeyman for such crazy hold for horror.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, druv10 said:
3 (3) The Little Mermaid Walt Disney $3,034,362 -25% -29% 4,320 $702 $239,418,156 20
4 (4) The Boogeyman 20th Century… $1,016,810 -16% -18% 3,205 $317 $28,214,185 13
5 (5) Guardians of the Galaxy V… Walt Disney $937,790 -18% -23% 3,175 $295 $338,606,826 41

Great weekly hold for all 3! Special shoutout to Boogeyman for such crazy hold for horror.

A -16% Wednesday drop and only down -18% from last week, that’s crazy. 

A shame it’ll probably have its legs cut this weekend in favour of keeping TLM, Transformers and Spider Man with Flash and Elemental.