Eric the Minion

Father’s Day/Juneteenth Weekend Thread | Flash implodes with 55M, Elemental bombs with 29M, holdovers hold atrociously | Theaters are dead, streaming is dead. Everything is dead really.

5 minutes ago, TomThomas said:

This is really funny, just saw it on reddit:

I asked Bing AI to write a synopsis to a horror movie about the 2023 The Flash film disaster. This is what it created:

"Here is a possible synopsis for the movie:

**Flashback**

In the year 2055, a group of kids are bored with their virtual reality games and decide to explore an old abandoned mall. They stumble upon a dusty cinema that still has posters of movies from the past. One of them finds a ticket stub to 2023's The Flash movie, starring Ezra Miller, and decides to keep it as a souvenir. Little do they know that the ticket stub is cursed by an angry fan who hated the movie and blamed Miller for ruining his favorite superhero.

The next day, strange things start to happen to the kids. They receive mysterious messages from an unknown number, claiming to be Ezra Miller. The messages are friendly at first, but soon turn into threats and insults. The kids also notice that they are being followed by a man in a red suit, who looks exactly like Miller in his Flash costume. The man seems to have super speed and can appear and disappear at will.

The kids try to get rid of the ticket stub, but it always comes back to them. They realize that they are trapped in a deadly game, and that the only way to end it is to watch the movie. They decide to go back to the cinema and play the old DVD of The Flash on the projector. They hope that by watching the movie, they will break the curse and free themselves from Miller's wrath.

However, when they arrive at the cinema, they find that it is not as empty as they thought. Miller is waiting for them, and he is not happy to see them. He reveals that he is not the real Ezra Miller, but a vengeful spirit who possessed his body after he died in a car accident in 2024. He blames the kids for stealing his ticket stub, which was his last connection to his life and career. He says that he will not let them watch the movie, but instead he will kill them one by one.

The kids have to fight for their lives against Miller, who uses his super speed and other powers to torment them. They also have to deal with the horrors of the movie itself, which comes alive on the screen and interacts with them. The movie is full of glitches, jump scares, bad CGI, and plot holes that make it even more terrifying.

Will the kids survive this nightmare and escape from Miller's clutches? Or will they become his next victims? Find out in Flashback, the ultimate horror movie for DC fans."

AI is terrifying.

3 minutes ago, John Marston said:

Jack Nicholson's Joker is probably the thing people remember the most from the 1989 film

Schitts Creek Yes GIF by CBC

Frankly, same goes for Dark Knight trilogy, Avengers, original Spider-Man trifecta, and so on. These supers have been so ubiquitous in pop culture, that their films are largely remembered by the villain they had to defeat. A strong or weak opponent - both directly and indirectly (like power of the state or even inner demons) - makes for a more or less memorable film

5 minutes ago, PenguinHyphy said:

DC is probably in a worse position than Star Wars. The Snyder cult is going to astroturf and asperse anything DC-Warner related for eternity 

8730d5c7-4173-415e-bb38-b99dc79f8c78_tex

Umm not sure. Joker/The Batman were completely unaffected. Superman: Legacy might do fine as long as it gets great reviews like GotG3 

The smaller characters are gonna struggle tho. All eyes on Blue Beetle next.

1 hour ago, Valonqar said:

yes, it's an animated Spiderman. Not the same thing as live action Spiderman aka true Spiderman. It's for relatively niche audience. OS GA waits for the real (live action) one. 

Quality >>> Popularity

1 minute ago, Spidey Freak said:

Umm not sure. Joker/The Batman were completely unaffected. Superman: Legacy might do fine as long as it gets great reviews like GotG3 

The smaller characters are gonna struggle tho. All eyes on Blue Beetle next.

Superman has not set the box office on fire since the 80s, so I highly doubt that one. Batman is always going to be alright, though 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Spidey Freak said:

Lolwut. ALL OF THAT has been in the trailers including multiple Batmen (Batfleck and Keaton)

All right cool then my apologies I haven't seen any of that in the trailers but not that I have really been watching a lot of TV so my bad

2 minutes ago, PenguinHyphy said:

Superman has not set the box office on fire since the 80s, so I highly doubt that one. Batman is always going to be alright, though 

Superman has not had a great or even really good film since the 80s so...

3 minutes ago, PenguinHyphy said:

That wasn't always the case. Especially after Batman & Robin. 

1 hour ago, Valonqar said:

yes, it's an animated Spiderman. Not the same thing as live action Spiderman aka true Spiderman. It's for relatively niche audience. OS GA waits for the real (live action) one. 

What the fuck did I just read.

Miles Morales is Spider-Man.

Peter Parker is Spider-Man.

Anyone can wear the mask.

Edited by ZattMurdock

13 minutes ago, Veclozy said:

I still think there's a "win" in the narrative of grossing more domestic than Bumblebee and TLK.

But otherwise yeah lmao.

I 100% think Paramount will try and get Bay back for Transformers vs. GI Joe for one last try with the franchise.

• Like 1
  • Knock It Off 1

I have been reading comments saying that some people didn't know ELEMENTAL was showing already. I find it hard to believe that some? many? were clueless about the release. Was the marketing that bad? I have seen a lot of ELEMENTAL-related stuff on my feed, but that's maybe because of the algorithm. For the common folk, they apparently didn't know much.