Bob Train

Steve Rogers Birthday Bash Weekend Thread | 5-Day #s: Indy 83.4, Elemental 18, Spidey 17.65, Sound of Freedom 14.2, No Hard Feelings 11.3

17 minutes ago, baumer said:

Human and child trafficking is not a conspiracy though. It's very real. 

Jim believes rich people torture children to gather adrenalin to create psychedelic drugs. 

"adrenochroming" and it takes up about 2 minutes to see this conspiracy takes its roots in anti semitism.

He sucks and is a weirdo.

Funny how he has so little to say about the continued abuse by churches of minors.

Edited by Dominic Draper
  • Like 3

15 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

What other choices were there for viable KOR subplots following TLJ? Again, it goes back to the backed into a corner thing. 

Kylo reunites with the Knights of Ren to stomp out the rebellion?

9 minutes ago, Dominic Draper said:

Jim believes rich people torture children to gather adrenalin to create psychedelic drugs. 

"adrenochroming" and it takes up about 2 minutes to see this conspiracy takes its roots in anti semitism.

Funny how he has so little to say about the continued abuse by churches of minors.

I could care less what he thinks about everything you just said there. Point is there's not many movies about human trafficking to come out. I'm looking forward to seeing this one. 

15 minutes ago, Dominic Draper said:

I think the technical term is batcrap crazy.

I think Cazveil is a member , like Mel Gibson, of one of those extreme breakaway Catholic sects which the Mainstream Catholic Church does not like very much.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

I thought the same thing. I like PWB (I thought her character was nothing special but it was okay) but she was not going to help sell Indy 5 to anyone. Her being chosen to co-lead the film is baffling to me. 

I'm a big fan of her TV work but she hasn't done anything of note in film (her writing credit on Bond is probably not known to many). Maverick was smart to put Miles Teller and Glenn Powell in there. The Mission Impossible movies add younger actors constantly to mix things up with Cruise and the older crew like Kirby, Atwell, etc. 

17 minutes ago, baumer said:

Human and child trafficking is not a conspiracy though. It's very real. 

Sure it’s real and terrible and tragic …. But not nearly on the scale as some believe, having grown to full on conspiracy theory and moral panic level, especially in last ~5 years. So it’s essentially a hero film to those who have fallen down that rabbit hole, hence the massive advance sales volume 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, M37 said:

Sure it’s real and terrible and tragic …. But not nearly on the scale as some believe, having grown to full on conspiracy theory and moral panic level, especially in last ~5 years. So it’s essentially a hero film to those who have fallen down that rabbit hole, hence the massive advance sales volume 

I think you could make a good thriller about the trafficking in Children, but the Cazviel film will not be it because he will drag in his wackjob conspriacy theories, and I suspect there will be an anti LGBT message.

11 minutes ago, baumer said:

I could care less what he thinks about everything you just said there. Point is there's not many movies about human trafficking to come out. I'm looking forward to seeing this one. 

If you want to see it, Slickdeals has mentioned there are now free tickets (limited quantity) through Atom if you use the code ATOMFREEDOM (til July 2 or supplies run out).  I think these are the tickets folks have "paid for" that are now being redistributed (thus, why it's limited), but I'm not really up on how Angel does its Pay It Forward tickets...

Edited by TwoMisfits
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, dudalb said:

I think you could make a good thriller about the trafficking in Children

Already did …

angry liam neeson GIF

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Rebeccas said:

I'm a big fan of her TV work but she hasn't done anything of note in film (her writing credit on Bond is probably not known to many). Maverick was smart to put Miles Teller and Glenn Powell in there. The Mission Impossible movies add younger actors constantly to mix things up with Cruise and the older crew like Kirby, Atwell, etc. 

I suspect that the second part of Dead Reckoning will be a passing of the torch film with Cruise being kicked upstarits to be head of the IMF, and some of the other actors taking the field assgiments.

You could still have Cruise in the franchsie, but let the younger cast do the heavy action lifting.

Having seen both films and their box office performances, I'm really left scratching my head at just what Disney was thinking screening Elemental and Indy at Cannes. It's very apparent that both are missing the oomph of the past successes they appeared to be chasing, and I feel like the decision to roll them out at Cannes raised their profiles to a level that neither film was ever going to deliver on critically. (Like, I enjoyed Elemental, but it's pretty clear from early on that Pixar did not have another Inside Out on its hands.) And it felt like the mixed reviews that came out of Cannes marked the point where the air started to go out of both films' hype.

Now, Elemental has recovered somewhat with stellar holds, but I don't think Indy is going to fare very well with Mission: Impossible and Oppenheimer also targeting similar demos in the coming weeks. We'll see, I guess.

Just now, dudalb said:

I see the Kraken is living up or down..to expectations. Universal was smart in not wasting money trying to save it.

I'm actually kinda shocked they didn't...this was tailor made to be a BOGO or Family 4 pack movie to get it to high teens...but at full price, it was not gonna sell right now...too many other options, including the kids summer movie series.

Although maybe they spend next weekend doing the push price deal they skipped this weekend.  Or they do just let it fade away...

30 minutes ago, Dominic Draper said:

Right, child trafficking is a real thing but a certain segment of the population believes outlandish conspiracies about it or only focuses on the abuse that happens in faraway places, while having nothing to say or do about the same sort of things going on in their own backyards (so to speak).

The person Caviezel is playing (Tim Ballard) has been accused of embellishing his organization's role in rescuing people, taking actions that further traumatize victims and really not understanding how human trafficking actually works. The movie's going to present a sanitized version, which, fine, it's a movie. But since Sound of Freedom was made in 2018 I doubt it will be as QAnon heavy as it would be if it were made in 2023 by, IDK, the Daily Wire or Breitbart. Will it appeal to that audience? Absolutely...

• Like 3