Bob Train

Steve Rogers Birthday Bash Weekend Thread | 5-Day #s: Indy 83.4, Elemental 18, Spidey 17.65, Sound of Freedom 14.2, No Hard Feelings 11.3

25 minutes ago, Eric Bunny said:

So I'm mad confuse at this "Pay it Forward" stuff. Does this mean 2.68M of the numbers was artificially inflated? Because that's stupid.

No, it means they got 2.68M worth of tickets donated by individuals at $15/ticket (someone can do the Math on how many that technically is).  So, they are booking that income today vs when the folks might be seeing the movie with the tickets.  They are continuing to allow ticket donations every day on their website, but I'm betting they will not "break out" the number separately after today b/c they collected donations for a few weeks for the previews, so that number was gonna be high, but now I'd expect donations forward to be no more than $10-$20K of Box Office per day...

Edited by TwoMisfits
  • Thanks 3

I probably should have asked this yesterday but what film do you think is more of a July 4th stigma? Will Smith's Independence day, or Steven Spielberg's jaws? Maybe it's a generational thing where a lot of younger people might watch Independence Day and a lot of older people might watch Jaws. I don't really need an occasion to watch Jaws LOL but I definitely watched it yesterday. Seeing as it takes place over the 4th of July weekend.

I will never understand how people in this day and age aren't able to use all the options to educate themselves and instead believe the unbelievable. The result ist a movie like " Sound o Freedom", a propaganda medium for QAnon, being successful. 

Humanity is regressing and this is only the beginning. 

Nothing wrong with telling a story the movie does, but just like the persons behind it, it's selling proven lies as the truth and is nothing else but an instrument to give certain consiracy theories more substance, packed in a successful movie that HAS to be right. 

Well, it's also a democratic choice to regress, so everybody is obviously free to believe and watch what they like. 

• Like 3
  • Heart 1
  • Thanks 6
  • Disbelief 5

2 minutes ago, Poseidon said:

I will never understand how people in this day and age aren't able to use all the options to educate themselves and instead believe the unbelievable. The result ist a movie like " Sound o Freedom", a propaganda medium for QAnon, being successful. 

Nothing wrong with telling a story the movie does, but just like the persons behind it, it's selling proven lies as the truth and is nothing else but an instrument to give certain consiracy theories more substance, packed in a successful movie that HAS to be right. 

Well, it's also a democratic choice to regress, so everybody is obviously free to believe and watch what they like. 

Can we go back to the surrogate penis pics?

Edited by screambaby
  • Like 1
  • Heart 1

It's not a conspiracy movie it's about human and child trafficking. That's very real.

• Like 3
  • Heart 2
  • Thanks 1

FWIW, initiatives like this aren’t new. Something similar happened with a shady ultra right oriented Evangelical church around here in Brazil, that demanded their believers would buy tickets to watch a Biblical movie. It turned out that people bought a shitload of tickets, but nobody showed up. Eventually, they stop trying to pull off stunts like this because producing a film isn’t cheap and there are far simpler ways to exploit people. I sincerely don’t see this becoming a thing.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, ZattMurdock said:

FWIW, initiatives like this aren’t new. Something similar happened with a shady ultra right oriented Evangelical church around here in Brazil, that demanded their believers would buy tickets to watch a Biblical movie. It turned out that people bought a shitload of tickets, but nobody showed up. Eventually, they stop trying to pull off stunts like this because producing a film isn’t cheap and there are far simpler ways to exploit people. I sincerely don’t see this becoming a thing.

That's how a lot of the super evangelical movies do so well on their first days here in NA. Churches will literally buy tickets on masse.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LegionWrex said:

That's how a lot of the super evangelical movies do so well on their first days here in NA. Churches will literally buy tickets on masse.

Yeah it’s not a brand new move. It’s an old one.

Also, situations like this of what I call "artificial interest" might work for some fans and the studios, but what happens when you have "sold out" screenings that aren’t at full capacity actually? Movie theater patrons get pissed off because they need people consuming there as much as they need their cut from the tickets. 

There is room for all kinds of films, but "artificial interest" tactics will only take you so far.

31 minutes ago, baumer said:

I probably should have asked this yesterday but what film do you think is more of a July 4th stigma? Will Smith's Independence day, or Steven Spielberg's jaws? Maybe it's a generational thing where a lot of younger people might watch Independence Day and a lot of older people might watch Jaws. I don't really need an occasion to watch Jaws LOL but I definitely watched it yesterday. Seeing as it takes place over the 4th of July weekend.

ID4 for July 4th, Jaws for summer blockbusters outright 

• Heart 1

45 minutes ago, baumer said:

It's not a conspiracy movie it's about human and child trafficking. That's very real.

Interesting, isn't it? I never said it was a conspiracy movie. It leads the viewers to the conspiracy theories the makers are spreading. That's the whole point of the movie. First step: Tell them a story about child trafficking, something horrible and very real. 2nd step: Use their emotion to tell them about Adrenochrome and Elites eating those children on other platforms.

People will tell you that way too often, but unfortunately those people aren't dumb and know what they do. They are again and again underestimated and belittled. Their biggest strenght. 

Edited by Poseidon
  • Like 6