Bob Train

Steve Rogers Birthday Bash Weekend Thread | 5-Day #s: Indy 83.4, Elemental 18, Spidey 17.65, Sound of Freedom 14.2, No Hard Feelings 11.3

35 minutes ago, Poseidon said:

I will never understand how people in this day and age aren't able to use all the options to educate themselves and instead believe the unbelievable. The result ist a movie like " Sound o Freedom", a propaganda medium for QAnon, being successful. 

Humanity is regressing and this is only the beginning. 

Nothing wrong with telling a story the movie does, but just like the persons behind it, it's selling proven lies as the truth and is nothing else but an instrument to give certain consiracy theories more substance, packed in a successful movie that HAS to be right. 

Well, it's also a democratic choice to regress, so everybody is obviously free to believe and watch what they like. 

or you can just say bad thing is bad. I bet you take gun violence and mass shootings seriously, well guess what, there are more victims of child trafficking per year than mass shootings and the rate of victimization is insanely higher since they can be abused repeatedly.

19 minutes ago, ZattMurdock said:

Also, situations like this of what I call "artificial interest" might work for some fans and the studios, but what happens when you have "sold out" screenings that aren’t at full capacity actually? Movie theater patrons get pissed off because they need people consuming there as much as they need their cut from the tickets. 

There is room for all kinds of films, but "artificial interest" tactics will only take you so far.

it's not artificial, it's real money and they usually give it to their paritioners. Black Panther and Captain Marvel did the same but with NGO buying tickets for segments of the audience they felt should see the movie and they spent more than $3m. I believe the one bought 40,000 tickets at one purchase for Black Panther.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, baumer said:

It's absolutely worth watching. Two of my friends traveled 50 km last night to go see it in theaters here in Toronto and they said it was really really good, eye opening and that you should bring some kleenex with you.

I can't get an open show till Thursday. It is sold out in all 6 theaters around me. Wife and mother want to go. Guess a guy looking like Jim Caviezel protecting kids has a special appeal.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, rebelscum86 said:

I can't get an open show till Thursday. It is sold out in all 6 theaters around me. Wife and mother want to go. Guess a guy looking like Jim Caviezel protecting kids has a special appeal.

Yeah that's what worries me about going on friday. The closest one to me is a suburb of Toronto called Oakville and there's a giant AMC in Oakville that I go to quite often but unfortunately it's not playing at the giant theater it's playing at the smaller theater. I guess I'm going to have to try to book tickets online see what happens.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, baumer said:

I probably should have asked this yesterday but what film do you think is more of a July 4th stigma? Will Smith's Independence day, or Steven Spielberg's jaws? Maybe it's a generational thing where a lot of younger people might watch Independence Day and a lot of older people might watch Jaws. I don't really need an occasion to watch Jaws LOL but I definitely watched it yesterday. Seeing as it takes place over the 4th of July weekend.

Neither! I Know What You Did Last Summer :) 

• Haha 2

On 7/4/2023 at 10:08 AM, Eric Bunny said:

Moderation 

Okay, we’re finished with this Sound of Freedom discourse. Some folks just aren’t gonna listen, so there is no point letting this go on. Any continuation of this discourse will result in a threadban.

I didn't want to have to do this, but @Poseidon @baumer and @rebelscum86 have all been threadbanned for disregarding my previous warning and continuing to argue about whether Sound of Freedom is propaganda or conspiratorial or whatnot. Next time, to everybody, please take note of a moderator's warnings.

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, Eric Bunny said:

I didn't want to have to do this, but @Poseidon @baumer and @rebelscum86 have all been threadbanned for disregarding my previous warning and continuing to argue about whether Sound of Freedom is propaganda or conspiratorial or whatnot. Next time, to everybody, please take note of a moderator's warnings.

FIREWORKS

Happy New Year Celebration GIF by Faith Holland

Classic way to finish the 4th of July weekend thread.

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

Sound of Freedom is making money for theaters. It is what matters. Let the movie make his cash with his target.

Personally I am just here hoping Insidious 5 surprises.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Sound of Freedom is making money for theaters. It is what matters. Let the movie make his cash with his target.

Personally I am just here hoping Insidious 5 surprises.

It's been a great year for horror if you don't count renfeld

Yeah methinks Insidious is going to do very well. Both Chapter 3 and The Last Key made over $20M OW (Chapter 3 was $23M and The Last Key made $29.3M) and both went over initial projections. Hell at it's height with the second film it opened at $41M which was nearly $15M above initial projections.

The franchise has a history of overperforming and it's the return of the OG cast. I don't know if it will hit $40M but don't be shocked if it hits $30M or above.

• Like 1

I don’t feel the CBM market is anymore saturated than it has been for most of a decade. The problem is DCEU has totally imploded at this point and MCU is on this huge downward spiral in terms of vision and consistency. So what can we expect? Of course CBMs are going to start doing way worse in that scenario. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Deathlife said:

Elemental and Spider-verse just riding hand-in-hand.

It's so funny how some folks that are being "told what to hate" are so focused on Disney and completely ignored  Spider-Verse.

Spider-Verse is probably the "wokest" movie of the summer with BLM tags and Trans Kids posters in the film. The film makers successfully shoved so much stuff in there but the usual crowd was too focused on The Little Mermaid. LOL.

Just goes to show how ridiculously selective the outrage is.

They’re outraged about that too, it just doesn’t have as far of a reach in the outragesphere because they always stress go woke, go broke so if it didn’t flop, they move on to the NEXT BIG THING THAT IS CORRUPTING AND INDOCTRINATING OUR CHILDREN  THAT YOU SHOULD BE TOTALLY UPSET ABOUT. 

• Like 2
  • Heart 1

5 minutes ago, ListenHunnyUrOver said:

CBMs are saturated. Almost every major comic book character has at least one live action version now. 

Power Girl. Squirrel Girl. Zantanna. Teen Titans movie. Half the X-Men. I’m still waiting for those big budget adaptions!

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, TheFlatLannister said:

Damn, Variety is already waiving the white flag on the Marvels 

And Wish too. You would think a sequel to a billion dollar film and a Disney princess animated musical would still be in the running more than four months out (or at least have a greater chance than Haunted Mansion) but I guess not.