Bob Train

Steve Rogers Birthday Bash Weekend Thread | 5-Day #s: Indy 83.4, Elemental 18, Spidey 17.65, Sound of Freedom 14.2, No Hard Feelings 11.3

12 minutes ago, eddyxx said:

They’re outraged about that too, it just doesn’t have as far of a reach in the outragesphere because they always stress go woke, go broke so if it didn’t flop, they move on to the NEXT BIG THING THAT IS CORRUPTING AND INDOCTRINATING OUR CHILDREN  THAT YOU SHOULD BE TOTALLY UPSET ABOUT. 

You'd think they'd be all over Nimona then.

The thing is no other studio has the "squeaky clean family friendly" image that Disney conjures up by the mere mention of its name, so their "wokeness" isn't much of a talking point. Even with Disney, it's really just the theatrical kids movies that stoke controversy. There's a ton of things they do in their tv shows that fly completely under Breitbart minion radar

Edited by AniNate

7 minutes ago, Speedorito said:

And Wish too. You would think a sequel to a billion dollar film and a Disney princess animated musical would still be in the running more than four months out (or at least have a greater chance than Haunted Mansion) but I guess not.

They are doing this so that way if they do well they can spin it as a surprising comeback for the company.

15 minutes ago, ListenHunnyUrOver said:

CBMs are saturated. Almost every major comic book character has at least one live action version now. 

But it’s been like this for 10 years or so already. We were already getting z listers like Ant Man 

8 minutes ago, AMC Theaters Enjoyer said:

The Creator will be Disney's highest grossing movie for the rest of the year, you heard it here first. #CreatorSweep

Take me to the universe where original sci-fi dominates the box office plz

• Like 1
  • Heart 1

3 minutes ago, CJohn said:

The Marvels will do like 400M WW. Wish at best does 500M+. GotG3 has it in the bag.

That would be a horrific drop off. I would be pissed if Kamala is great like in the show and it only does that little after how bad Ms Marvel flopped on streaming. 

Yeah I can't see Marvels being that low. There will be a drop-off for sure but I'm thinking it's closer to around $600-650M right now. That feels right.

As for Wish, that's going to be interesting. Could literally be anywhere from a mega flop to a surprise $800M+ hit. I literally don't know about that one right now.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, LegionWrex said:

Yeah I can't see Marvels being that low. There will be a drop-off for sure but I'm thinking it's closer to around $600-650M right now. That feels right.

As for Wish, that's going to be interesting. Could literally be anywhere from a mega flop to a surprise $800M+ hit. I literally don't know about that one right now.

Feeling this too. I would be shocked if Marvels went below half of the first film. 

Edited by AMC Theaters Enjoyer
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Liiviig 1998 said:

Domestic probably yes . WW thinking dune 2.

Wish  and hunger games prequel are wild cards.

There's Trolls 3 as well, although that too a wild card (given that its immediate predecessor ended up a glorified DTV feature with a box office total of $0).

At risk of getting ahead of myself, November feels like it could be either another March (mostly great results) or another June (mostly bad) due to the packed schedule and type of movies being released.

I think Hunger Games is being underestimated though. I can see that playing very well.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, filmlover said:

November is packed, but I would still bet on The Marvels easily winning the month over any of its competition.

Nah, I've got Dune 2 for the month.  I think the same type of mini-Spiderverse reaction will be in play (aka - love for the 1st inflates the 2nd when quality comes through again).

And I say this as one who doesn't like Dune all THAT much...so I could be wrong.  It's harder to predict stuff you don't love.  

Edited by TwoMisfits
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, TwoMisfits said:

Nah, I've got Dune 2 for the month.  I think the same type of mini-Spiderverse reaction will be in play (aka - love for the 1st inflates the 2nd when quality comes through again).

And I say this as one who doesn't like Dune all THAT much...so I could be wrong.  It's harder to predict stuff you don't love.  

dune was kind of a flop.

• Like 1
  • Disbelief 1

8 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

dune was kind of a flop.

Dune premiered in the middle of the pandemic and with a day-and-date release on HBO Max and it still managed to make 400mm WW. I'd say it did very well considering the circumstances.

Edited by Boxx93
  • Like 2