baumer

Weekend Thread | July 7-9 | Weekend Estimates on Page 32

Happy to see that Elemental is proving that Disney/Pixar movies actually can still draw people to the theater even if it still has a quite a bit to go until it reaches profitability (though it's hardly without company in that department this summer).

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

lmao I forgot. It's A NEW HOPE. 😅

I thought you were kidding 😂

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Happy to see that Elemental is proving that Disney/Pixar movies actually can still draw people to the theater even if it still has a quite a bit to go until it reaches profitability (though it's hardly without company in that department this summer).

But the investors only care about the first ten days, forget the fact it having strong legs which could carry it to profitability and helps both animation brands theatrically, and in a time which theatrical original animation is struggling (Paramount has two original features in the can that may not see the light of day). It can only be a complete and utter failure with no room for nuance.

Edited by YM!
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

2 minutes ago, John Marston said:

Ouch for Indiana Jones. Shows you just can’t get away with a “well I guess it’s not awful” type movie that costs a crazy amount these days 

If gurus numbers hold, it'll drop 50%. Not really a 2nd weekend ouch at all

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, YM! said:

But the investors only care about the first ten days, forget the fact it having strong legs which could carry it to profitability and helps both animation brands theatrically, and in a time which theatrical original animation is struggling (Paramount has two original features in the can that may not see the light of day). It can only be a complete and utter failure with no room for nuance.

Seriously though hoping Wish and Migration keep the streak going. Don’t care if either is ass, I just want something original even if it’s from a brand to do well especially for animation as those were one of the few ways an original concept could do blockbuster numbers nowadays.

• Like 2