baumer

Weekday numbers July 10-13

46 minutes ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

In the eyes of audiences, yes. It had great scores from them all around.

What audiences? It has around 7/10 average on the most popular audience sites, which is nowhere near The Dark Knight to say the least, it's even lower than mid tier Pixar. The most common praise I've heard about it from target audience is "at least it's not woke". If that's Dark Knight level praise, I don't know what to say.

First they came for the capeshit, and I did not speak out—because I was not a nerd

Then they came for the legacyquels and I did not speak out—because I was not middle-aged. 

Then they came for the kino —and there was no one left to speak for me.

• Like 2
  • Haha 11
  • Sad 3
  • Disbelief 1

6 minutes ago, WorkingonaName said:

First they came for the capeshit, and I did not speak out—because I was not a nerd

Then they came for the legacyquels and I did not speak out—because I was not middle-aged. 

Reversed timeline

Why is Mission Impossible just not breaking out? Far inferior films in this genre like Spectre and F:8 have done bigger numbers, but there is some reason that the domestic audience is not willing to give it a chance despite the glowing reviews and genuine good film making. It will be so sad if this flops and Paramount puts an end to this franchise after Part 2. 

7 hours ago, TomThomas said:

It's just sad to see last movie star fail with something very consistent in the past. If Oppenheimer is successful, not everything is lost.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, WorkingonaName said:

In this case they did not come 🤣

16 minutes ago, Souther said:

Why is Mission Impossible just not breaking out? Far inferior films in this genre like Spectre and F:8 have done bigger numbers, but there is some reason that the domestic audience is not willing to give it a chance despite the glowing reviews and genuine good film making. It will be so sad if this flops and Paramount puts an end to this franchise after Part 2. 

Sound of Freedom hurting it with the older white crowd. Lots of people also saving money for Barbenheimer. Also o think marketing could have been better. It kind of peaked with the first trailer released all the way last May

Regarding MISSION -

This is a long film that’s adult skewing. The box office story is not told yet. We need to see how this plays on the weekend. I am a huge Cruise/Mission fan and have seen all his films in theaters since the first Mission. I’d never even consider seeing this film during the week. I have IMAX tickets for Saturday. 

WOM also seems great. These films are built with quality and to last 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Moviedweeb said:

Regarding MISSION -

This is a long film that’s adult skewing. The box office story is not told yet. We need to see how this plays on the weekend. I am a huge Cruise/Mission fan and have seen all his films in theaters since the first Mission. I’d never even consider seeing this film during the week. I have IMAX tickets for Saturday. 

WOM also seems great. These films are built with quality and to last 

normally I would agree but with massive completion next weekend this could be crippled 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, John Marston said:

normally I would agree but with massive completion next weekend this could be crippled 

Yeah I hear you. I optimistically believe that good movies in the marketplace make people want to go to theaters more. 

Mission, Barbie and Oppenheimer all live in different genres which is definitely a positive. I hope the cross promotions boosts all of them to success. 

For myself and others I know, going to theaters to see You Hurt My Feelings made us want to go see Past Lives and Asteroid City that much more since it was so nice being back at the movies. 

• Like 2

Just finished watching MI7 and I love it more than Fallout and Rogue Nation but to begin with I wasn't a big fan of rollout like many do. GP still my favourite but MI7 also has no shortage of thrilling sequences. It is a non-stop cat-mouse chase, action-packed adventure and make you excited for the Part 2.

But yeah, part 1 in the title probably cause some hesitation among audience more than expected, especially with MI series have been widely known as a general audience franchise. And part 1 is a mood-killer for GA.