baumer

Weekday numbers July 10-13

3 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

Ok so it’s 9.5M total actually and 7M true TUE and that’s not only very good but slighly better than what tracking thread was expecting (which would be 8-9M) 

Good sign for walkups and yeah 90-100M 5 day very much alive 

Not all the doom and gloom for this lol

Is it. Don't want to breath a sigh of releif yet. deadline is throwing out the 7 million number too. 

1 minute ago, MightyDargon said:

AntMan 3 actually had a high launch and presales and got a lot of hype off the Kang thing. It tanked because it was poorly received, not because Feb. was an inherently bad slot for it.

I’m not sure if you understand, but I’m not debating or opposing that. What I’m saying is that unlike Deadpool or Black Panther, Ant-Man 3 didn’t have a good hook. It could be the best Ant-Man film ever, and I kinda think it was, but it wasn’t a film with a hook inheriting linked to Feb like Deadpool or Black Panther.

1 minute ago, emoviefan said:

Is it. Don't want to breath a sigh of releif yet. deadline is throwing out the 7 million number too. 

I’m told that the fan PLF money from Monday shows isn’t included in that $7M figure.  

by Deadline

Guys the 7 million is strictly for Tuesday night. Apparently it played for a limited audience on both Monday and sunday. That added an additional 2.5 million. So it's first three days you have 9.5 million in gross. Obviously the Early Access numbers are only limited of course.

1 minute ago, ZattMurdock said:

I’m not sure if you understand, but I’m not debating or opposing that. What I’m saying is that unlike Deadpool or Black Panther, Ant-Man 3 didn’t have a good hook. It could be the best Ant-Man film ever, and I kinda think it was, but it wasn’t a film with a hook inheriting linked to Feb like Deadpool or Black Panther.

It did have a good hook. It was the launch for the Kang story! It was a terrific marketing hook, the film just sucked and couldn't deliver and quickly got clowned on. It's like saying GINO 98 had "bad marketing" when that thing was clearly set up to blitz the summer it was released in. If the movie sucks, the marketing often won't save it.

• Like 3

Again I'm saying this without passion or prejudice towards mission impossible. Why does an extra 2.5 million get you excited when that was done over a two-day period. The preview numbers are on par with Indiana jones. I don't know what that means at this point because it's opening up basically on a Monday night. I'm curious to see what the numbers are going to be like for Friday Saturday Sunday.

3 minutes ago, ZattMurdock said:

FFS dude, it was tracking to a 125-140m OW for a hot minute until it was revealed to be dogshit.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, baumer said:

Guys the 7 million is strictly for Tuesday night. Apparently it played for a limited audience on both Monday and sunday. That added an additional 2.5 million. So it's first three days you have 9.5 million in gross. Obviously the Early Access numbers are only limited of course.

Let the hopium flow. It’s going to be a long week.

1 minute ago, baumer said:

Again I'm saying this without passion or prejudice towards mission impossible. Why does an extra 2.5 million get you excited when that was done over a two-day period. The preview numbers are on par with Indiana jones. I don't know what that means at this point because it's opening up basically on a Monday night. I'm curious to see what the numbers are going to be like for Friday Saturday Sunday.

An early week opening like this does look far better if it's already burned off 2.5 million worth of demand. So it IS a better look.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, The Dark Alfred said:

Lots of brainless doom patrol out already lead by the laughable @Maggie

200m is done after a preview number when it's Tuesday and higher than FALLOUT's?

what i really love is she slipped and showed her true colors she wanted this movie to fail because she is tired of tc making great action movies. 

1 minute ago, baumer said:

No one is excited about the extra 2.5M 

We’re excited that it made 7M on TUE which is slightly better than what we was expecting despite the discounts and not 4.5-5M

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2