baumer

Weekday numbers July 10-13

2 minutes ago, ListenHunnyUrOver said:

Potter and Hunger Games only had “Part One” installments because they were adapting half of a whole book that was already a bestseller, it makes no sense for franchises to do this otherwise. 

Not only that, they were sequels for insanely popular films based on insanely popular books. Anyone thinking that TGM would factor at all here was just delusional. And blaming this on Barbie and Oppenheimer is hilarious to me. It’s not their fault either. 

1 minute ago, Cmasterclay said:

It's more "badass" for people that are younger and more online. John Wick is like a human shorthand meme for unstoppable badass force, even among those who haven't seen the movies. I don't endorse this view, but that is the view I see.

John Wick is cooler. Also, Keanu Reeves. Does really needs more explanation than that? It’s basic common sense that Reeves is cooler than Cruise. A lot cooler. Good weird instead of weird weird.

• Like 1
  • Disbelief 1

4 minutes ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

MISSION: IMPOSSIBLE-DEAD RECKONING PART ONE (2023)A

Tied with Fallout for the highest in the franchise.

Here's how all of the other films rank:

Mission: Impossible - B+

Mission: Impossible 2 - B

Mission: Impossible III - A-

Ghost Protocol - A-

Rogue Nation - A-

Fallout - A

Edited by LegionWrex
  • Like 1

I want to scream this -it is a 163 minute long movie that plays to an audience that go to work they dont take the summer off to go to movies every day.  Dial of Destiny should have told us  that when it made 23 million combined on the 3rd and fourth and then collapsed to 5,5 on the 5th same older  target audience. 

4 minutes ago, BestPicturePlutoNash said:

I maintain and repeat sequel 7 is more detrimental than Part One..

But that said, I wonder if audiences are growing annoyed with the return of the Part One trend-- Spiderverse, Fast X and now this all within the last month.

Lmao now it’s the Part one fatigue. The audiences are very fatigued these days. Maybe it’s not a genre, it’s not Marvel, it’s not nostalgia, it’s not Indiana Jones, it’s not Tom Cruise but just how the world treats films these days in general? I don’t know, just a thought. We did have excellent box office runs this year, hell Elemental is still going. Guardians of the Galaxy, Vol. 3 and Spider-Man: Across  the Spider-Verse are still soldiering on.

Not trying to steal Cmasterclay’s doom and gloom schtick here but like a certain professor once said, while you slept, the world changed.

4 minutes ago, ZattMurdock said:

Lmao now it’s the Part one fatigue. The audiences are very fatigued these days. Maybe it’s not a genre, it’s not Marvel, it’s not nostalgia, it’s not Indiana Jones, it’s not Tom Cruise but just how the world treats films these days in general? I don’t know, just a thought. We did have excellent box office runs this year, hell Elemental is still going. Guardians of the Galaxy, Vol. 3 and Spider-Man: Across  the Spider-Verse are still soldiering on.

Not trying to steal Cmasterclay’s doom and gloom schtick here but like a certain professor once said, while you slept, the world changed.

?

4 minutes ago, BestPicturePlutoNash said:

?

Long story short: maybe we should look at the big picture of why films like this perform below expectations instead of creating new types of moviegoing fatigues. Just saying.

Edited by ZattMurdock
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, ZattMurdock said:

Long story short: maybe we should look at the big picture of why films like this perform below expectations instead of creating new types of moviegoing fatigues. Just saying.

Why are you putting words in my mouth after speculating a hypothetical theory out loud based out of personal opinion

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MysteryMovieMogul said:

Are You There God? It's Me, Margaret. also has an "A" Cinemascore. I don't think that's gonna save this one...

Do I really have to explain why those two movies aren't good comparisons