baumer

Weekday numbers July 10-13

5 minutes ago, pryda said:

Hello,

Before we go into details... Lets agree that most of us here (if not all) wants a Box Office

Alive and Kicking! Spectacular runs, lots of smashed records... you name it.

But in reality a real magic called Top Gun Maverick happens very rarely.

It does not matter how much money MI7 will make.Tom Cruise has to ask himself „ Why we have to keep milking this cow”? I am his HUGE fan for Years and despite having embarrassment efforts like Mummy reboot, remake, whatever... there's hardly another Hollywood modern star that comes even close to him.

So why Tom?

Other stars are not immune to act similar way. John Wick XX anybody? I mean seriously!?

Keanu look what they did with Point Break... pardon Fast and the Furious!

Perhaps, even a proper Speed (2) remake, reboot, whatever the effort called (sorry Sandra and Mr.Patrick).All would be forgotten, Keanu stop , just stop please.

Yes, I know i might hurt somebodys feelings by writing some of the above, but that's why you have forums in the first place, to exchange opinions I guess...

Episode 5 Reaction GIF by The Office

33 minutes ago, pryda said:

Hello,

Before we go into details... Lets agree that most of us here (if not all) wants a Box Office

Alive and Kicking! Spectacular runs, lots of smashed records... you name it.

But in reality a real magic called Top Gun Maverick happens very rarely.

It does not matter how much money MI7 will make.Tom Cruise has to ask himself „ Why we have to keep milking this cow”? I am his HUGE fan for Years and despite having embarrassment efforts like Mummy reboot, remake, whatever... there's hardly another Hollywood modern star that comes even close to him.

So why Tom?

Other stars are not immune to act similar way. John Wick XX anybody? I mean seriously!?

Keanu look what they did with Point Break... pardon Fast and the Furious!

Perhaps, even a proper Speed (2) remake, reboot, whatever the effort called (sorry Sandra and Mr.Patrick).All would be forgotten, Keanu stop , just stop please.

Yes, I know i might hurt somebodys feelings by writing some of the above, but that's why you have forums in the first place, to exchange opinions I guess...

Did you have a stroke halfway through writing that or did I have one halfway through reading that? There seems to be no actual point being made in there.

• Disbelief 1
  • Knock It Off 1

Huge shame for Mission Impossible. Missing $200M domestically would be very disappointing. But I guess that's what you get when you go up against Endgame 4: The Pink Nuke. Moviegoers these days are somehow even pickier than a child at the dinner table who doesn't want to eat their vegetables. Hopefully Paramount will take notes and push the next part to fall 2024, regardless of any strikes.

1 minute ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

Huge shame for Mission Impossible. Missing $200M domestically would be very disappointing. But I guess that's what you get when you go up against Endgame 4: The Pink Nuke. Moviegoers these days are somehow even pickier than a child at the dinner table who doesn't want to eat their vegetables. Hopefully Paramount will take notes and push the next part to fall 2024, regardless of any strikes.

Wouldn't be the first M:I to miss it either, Rogue Nation just barely missed as well. Personally I think it will end up closer to Rogue Nation's run in general compared to Fallout, it's becoming clearer that Fallout was likely a one-off.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, grim22 said:

Did you have a stroke halfway through writing that or did I have one halfway through reading that? There seems to be no actual point being made in there.

I mean, English clearly isn’t their first language. Kinda rude to shame them on that. I might not agree with them, but there is no need to be gratuitously rude.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, across the Jat verse said:

not trolling, what went wrong here?

there is absolutely nothing wrong on paper. 

Reviews - check
Reception - check
Franchise goodwill - check

Tom Cruise is probably at career high. This should be opening to $125M+ 5 days, may struggle to even hit $75M.

Old white guys don’t go to the theaters anymore. Top Gun is the exception, not the rule. And those that are already spent their money on Indy and/or Sound of Freedom, or will spend it on Oppenheimer. And the box office is so terrible that it can’t support multiple hits.

This all spells bad news when a huge audience sector is watching these at home now.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

15 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Interesting reaction.How about does Tom really needs money, fame or anything to keep repeating same car chases, running, action sequences forever?

Same applies to Mr.Wick

are you having another stroke?

ps Mr.Murdock, no need to reply to you, at all.

Best wishes 
bye

6 hours ago, grim22 said:

That's kinda harsh dude. English is clearly not this posters first language or maybe even second.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, pryda said:

Interesting reaction.How about does Tom really needs money, fame or anything to keep repeating same car chases, running, action sequences forever?

Same applies to Mr.Wick

are you having another stroke?

ps Mr.Murdock, no need to reply to you, at all.

Best wishes 
bye

is this Chat GPT?   

3 minutes ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

@Maggie's probably doing a bunch of victory laps right about now.

She has won 

feels GIF

When was the last time a live action sequel ended up being the highest grossing in a franchise? Doctor Strange 2 over a year ago? Sequel fatigue seems to be a huge thing among the GA for some reason. I think some people saw MI7 and were turned off because they felt they had to watch 6 movies to understand it.

• Like 2

Idk. Maybe it's copium at this point but I'm not willing to throw in the towel right away on MI7, doom and gloom is fun but unlike with Indy I feel far more confident that this one will be exceptionally backloaded.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, IronJimbo & Sheldon's Son said:

When was the last time a live action sequel ended up being the highest grossing in a franchise? Doctor Strange 2 over a year ago? Sequel fatigue seems to be a huge thing among the GA for some reason. I think some people saw MI7 and were turned off because they felt they had to watch 6 movies to understand it.

Top Gun: Maverick 

:redcapes:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, LegionWrex said:

Idk. Maybe it's copium at this point but I'm not willing to throw in the towel right away on MI7, doom and gloom is fun but unlike with Indy I feel far more confident that this one will be exceptionally backloaded.

To add onto this I checked my local theater out of curiousity and the weekend showings are much more packed then any of the showings we had today. Obviously this isn't going to be a 1-for-1 everywhere but I wouldn't be shocked if some people are just waiting till the weekend.