baumer

Weekday numbers July 10-13

5 minutes ago, ZattMurdock said:

I’m not losing my shit. And I’ve dealt with my share of keyboard warriors in the past and those that gratuitously attack people on franchise, console and politics arguments non sense. This isn’t novel to me. I don’t know you and you clearly talk about me like you know me, which is odd and creepy but like I’ve said, that’s the internet for you. I deal with faceless profiles like your my whole life. Help to make you feel better about yourself, I guess, not sure what to say here.

What I’m comparing is how FX is a more OS franchise than domestic when it comes to the box office. I suspect that MI7 is going to be following that trend, and that seems like the general consensus, too.

MI7 will most likely do considerably more than Fast X did. Beasts did more than Fast X did in the US, it's not that big an accomplishment. I think we're extrapolating too much from Deadline advance numbers on a Tuesday.

4 minutes ago, DisposedData said:

Even Hollywood accounting can't save Indy. Please be real, it's not sniffing break even. 

That’s not my point, neither what I’m saying. Hollywood accounting couldn’t ‘save’ several major films that are seen as classics today. I don’t think Dial of Destiny is ascending to classic status, but I hear that is a nice ending to Indiana Jones as a franchise before the inevitable reboot. That’s good enough for me. 

Also, while it’s soon to make a call, MI7 has a reported $295m budget. Claiming that in order to this film to be profitable all it needs is the OS market is precipitated, in my opinion. As much as it is to overreact at Deadline’s initial numbers. I just think it’s fair to point out that just like Dial of Destiny, this isn’t a film that will easily make its money back from box office receipts alone. Regardless how bullish the fans of the franchise feel about that.

Moderation

We're done with this "are Indy 5/Mission Impossible 7 bombs actually" argument. I know it's going to end with us talking in circles and I don't want to wake up to a giant mess.

And as a reminder, if some of you don't like certain users or their posts, you can place them on your Ignore lists, so you never see their posts and aren't tempted to respond to them. :)

• Like 3

Just wanted to once again remind people the Mission Core audience is not a run out and blow their load in a few days audience and when you release a movie on a Tuesday when we are working a lot of us are not able to go see a 163 minute long movie until the weekend. yes the freight train known as Barbenheimer is coming so we just assume the audience will change their habit and go early this time. It does not work that way. If WOM is good to great the audience will come and this will perform like a Mission movie does. 

• Like 8

I'm like Mr. Negativity (that would be my MCU character!) but Mission Impossible will be fine. One, there is zero reason for a 7th entry in a franchise that frankly looked like it peaked with Fallout to have a sudden steep increase because....irrational hopium as a result of Top Gun? Especially when older whites see movies at less rate than when Fallout came out? 220 would be excellent given the Part One factor and all the competing titles (Indy, Oppenbarbie). Second, it's Tuesday. I love this franchise so much. But it's a fucking Tuesday on a non-holiday week. I couldn't rush out and see it and neither could the rest of the audience. Even if the Deadline estimate is correct, which it likely isn't, then it'll be fine.

As a result of me being positive for once it will likely do less than 6m previews and like 160 domestic, huh?

• Like 3

Just now, Cmasterclay said:

I'm like Mr. Negativity (that would be my MCU character!) but Mission Impossible will be fine. One, there is zero reason for a 7th entry in a franchise that frankly looked like it peaked with Fallout to have a sudden steep increase because....irrational hopium as a result of Top Gun? Especially when older whites see movies at less rate than when Fallout came out? 220 would be excellent given the Part One factor and all the competing titles (Indy, Oppenbarbie). Second, it's Tuesday. I love this franchise so much. But it's a fucking Tuesday on a non-holiday week. I couldn't rush out and see it and neither could the rest of the audience. Even if the Deadline estimate is correct, which it likely isn't, then it'll be fine.

As a result of me being positive for once it will likely do less than 6m previews and like 160 domestic, huh?

Mister Negative. Underrated Marvel Snap card. Excellent side villain in PS4/PS5’s Marvel’s Spider-Man. One of the best Spider-Man villains created in the 21st century.

154_166025457280.webp?v=97

sadeqyaar.gif

mr-negative-spiderman.gif

If the next Spider-Man trilogy doesn’t have Tom Holland’s Peter Parker dealing with F.E.A.S.T.’s CEO Martin Li played by Steven Yeun going into a full blown gang war between Tombstone, Hammerhead all the way to the top to Vincent D’Onofrio’s Kingpin, what are we even doing here?

1 minute ago, ZattMurdock said:

Mister Negative. Underrated Marvel Snap card. Excellent side villain in PS4/PS5’s Marvel’s Spider-Man. One of the best Spider-Man villains created in the 21st century.

154_166025457280.webp?v=97

sadeqyaar.gif

mr-negative-spiderman.gif

If the next Spider-Man trilogy doesn’t have Tom Holland’s Peter Parker dealing with F.E.A.S.T.’s CEO Martin Li played by Steven Yeun going into a full blown gang war between Tombstone, Hammerhead all the way to the top to Vincent D’Onofrio’s Kingpin, what are we even doing here?

I really hope poor Steven Yeun gets to do more interesting stuff than fucking Spider Men movie. Guy gave the performance of the year in Beef. What a downgrade that would be.

1 minute ago, Cmasterclay said:

I really hope poor Steven Yeun gets to do more interesting stuff than fucking Spider Men movie. Guy gave the performance of the year in Beef. What a downgrade that would be.

I mean, he is already doing Invincible. It’s inevitable at this point. 

3 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

He's already in the MCU anyways, he's gonna be in Thunderbolts. Likely as a favour to Lee Sung Jin and Jake Schreier who are both working on Thunderbolts after working with him on Beef.

Just now, LegionWrex said:

He's already in the MCU anyways, he's gonna be in Thunderbolts. Likely as a favour to Lee Sung Jin and Jake Schreier who are both working on Thunderbolts after working with him on Beef.

Wait, what? Who is he playing?

That sounded on paper like the most boring of these extremely boring movies nowadays but I will say that the creative team has me intrigued. I loved Beef. The MCU is like the mafia - just when you think you're out, they pull you back in.

Just now, Cmasterclay said:

That sounded on paper like the most boring of these extremely boring movies nowadays but I will say that the creative team has me intrigued. I loved Beef. The MCU is like the mafia - just when you think you're out, they pull you back in.

nick-fury-i'm-out.gif

We don't know. Apparantly it's a major role and it will be for more films after Thunderbolts, rumor is that he's SENTRY.

Okay my mind is blown. That’s inspired casting. Giving the context that he already plays Invincible, that’s even more of an inspired casting. Sentry is an interesting exploration of the Superman archetype. Color me intrigued. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, John Marston said:

Part One labeling and Barbenheimer might be crippling Dead Reckoning 

Please don't pretend like MI7 is flopping like Flash and Indy 5, MI7 is still on track come in around Fallout. Tom Cruise jump off from the cliff for the movie doesn't mean the movie is also down of the cliff. 

4 minutes ago, Borobudur said:

Please don't pretend like MI7 is flopping like Flash and Indy 5, MI7 is still on track come in around Fallout. Tom Cruise jump off from the cliff for the movie doesn't mean the movie is also down of the cliff. 

Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny hasn’t flopped like The Flash. Not yet, at least. That was a classic BOT overreaction based on franchise / studios wars shit. We need to see how Indiana Jones will hold itself next to MI and Barbie and Oppenheimer next week. As for MI7, it’s clearly not going the way of The Flash either. It’s just not acting like the - also a BOT classic - over predictions people kept throwing around.