CJohn

TOM CRUISE LOVES HIS POPCORN. MOVIES. POPCORN: THE WEEKEND THREAD | We are just waiting for Barbenheimer here

23 minutes ago, Blankments said:

gonna fight whoever just laugh reacted me, you think you can hide behind a react huh, well too freakin bad im not trying to be funny so DONT LAUGH

No hiding here, you knew it was false when you said it 😘

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Algebra said:

Ugggh, a few peoples’ ‘analysis’ of this movie is making me tear my hair out. FFS, it’s made 15% over MI:Fallout in all markets ex-China.

How’s it flopping? Reading takes like Cruise’s career is packed…Tf are you all on about lmao

1. With budget 290m minus promotion

2. Next week cut theater from barbenheimer. The fall Will be massive

3. Hope u not get bald tho,from pulling hair too much.

3 hours ago, CJohn said:

Dismiss the nonsense. Tom Cruise is the biggest star in the world by far and the only person that comes close is Dwayne Johnson. 

It's crazy how much of a better actor and action star Tom Cruise is than The Rock. 

Edited by The GOAT
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Knock It Off 1

I actually don’t think MI will hold baldy next weekend. Barbenheimer is looking to be so huge, it’s bound to create some spillover. MI is kinda the perfect meet in the middle choice for audiences of Barbie and Oppenheimer. 

Indy is the one I think will basically be done and over next weekend. Theaters will be dropping it like a rock after another not so great hold this weekend, and now it has two direct newer competitors with likely far superior WOM each. Might really freefall. 

Edited by MovieMan89
  • Disbelief 1

11 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

I actually don’t think MI will hold baldy next weekend. Barbenheimer is looking to be so huge, it’s bound to create some spillover. MI is kinda the perfect meet in the middle choice for audiences of Barbie and Oppenheimer. 

Indy is the one I think will basically be done and over next weekend. Theaters will be dropping it like a rock after another not so great hold this weekend, and now it has two direct newer competitors with likely far superior WOM each. Might really freefall. 

The audiences of Barbie and Oppenheimer are already planning on seeing one or the other or both. I think MI7 will drop a lot once it loses PLFs. 

16 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Indy was already dead on arrival 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, redfirebird2008 said:

Indy was already dead on arrival 

I mean 60 ow wasn’t completely hopeless to have some leggy run and save a little face though if people loved it. That is obviously not happening. Idk if it makes another 10m DOM after next weekend. 

Yeah Indy is pretty much done here. Unsure where it will end up but I think the ceiling is probably $170M domestic and no further then that. It will be lucky to get to $400M WW, if it does I will be genuinely shocked.

As for M:I, I'm thinking it could hold better then expected but it is going to take a pretty big hit considering the lack of PLFs. M:I tends to hold well too. Looking at the other films...

M:I1 - 52%

M:I2 - 53%

M:I3 - 48%

Ghost Protocol - +131.2% if you count the early limited release, if not then it's -.2% (holy shit lmfao)

Rogue Nation - 49%

Fallout - 42%

It's probably not holding as well as Fallout and we can also ignore Ghost Protocol cause that had a bizarre release. Rogue Nation would be ideal for it, but I'm thinking right now it lands at 55-57% drop in it's second weekend. Steepest drop in the series due to the lack of PLFs, but not a complete disaster of a drop.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

I mean 60 ow wasn’t completely hopeless to have some leggy run and save a little face though if people loved it. That is obviously not happening. Idk if it makes another 10m DOM after next weekend. 

A franchise with a history of massive success opening to $60M with 2023 ticket prices? That sounds pretty dead compared to Indy’s glory days. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

A franchise with a history of massive success opening to $60M with 2023 ticket prices? That sounds pretty dead compared to Indy’s glory days. 

Yes, if you’ve seen me post about Indy at all for weeks it has been all what an epic bomb it is (recently talked about if it could top the Wikipedia list for most money lost). But my point is the movie could have in theory bounced back a little with a 60 OW and amazing WOM. The possibility was there for like 3.5x or something with such a low OW if people loved  it. But I never predicted that and obviously not happening. 

• Like 1