kayumanggi

Weekday Numbers | Jul 17 - 20 | Wednesday | 4.74M M:I - DEAD RECKONING I | 4.72M SOUND OF FREEDOM

8 hours ago, Firepower said:

Clearly how? I'll give you Fallout, but it's easily better than Rogue Nation across the board, even Fergusson is better in Dead Reckoning despite being sidelined, she looks a lot more comfortable and alive here and in Fallout. The only RN advantage I could think of is maybe DR's main plot element could be too crazy and weird for some people and maybe some dialogues are too exposition heavy, but that's about it.

So crazy & wierd plot and heavy exposition.

Apart from that, RN was actually thrilling, better villain, better pacing and action.

Even the stunts in this one were mid at best, BTS of Bike stunt on You Tube was better than what was in movie. GP, RN, Fallout had much superior set pieces on a whole, in terms of providing a spectacle.

Also their set pieces or special stunts had tension, which DR lacked.

4 hours ago, Rainy said:

Any estimates on MI7‘s Tuesday?

No

If there was they would have been here in the last couple pages.  we're not going to get estimates until probably 4 or 5 hours from now

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Curious to see Elemental's jump this week since it's been performing Tuesday-heavy throughout its whole run so far. +35% last week with MI previews was crazy, maybe it can go for +52% again likes its 2nd week.

Also SOF's number will maybe clear the air around PIF and discount Tuesday. It decreased last week because of MI7 but even then you'd have expected it to have increased because its other holds were so strong so maybe PIF neutralizes discount Tuesday because people are already getting the option to see the movie for free which is a better deal.

28 minutes ago, dxmatrixdt said:

did anyone see Grace Randolph's latest movie math video where she says she thinks Sound of Freedom will end up with about 100M?

Did she seriously release that after it hit for the weekend? She must be really good at Maths 😂

• Like 1

Deadline…

”Barbie, which has presales far exceeding that of Disney’s The Little Mermaid ($95.5M), has a crazy range of projections stateside, from $90M-$125M. Warners is safely calling for $75M at 4,200 theaters”

:hahaha:

• Haha 9

So at the current trajectory it looks like Indiana Jones and the dial of Destiny is going to surpass $140 mill

Grace Randolph

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, interiorgatordecorator said:

so indirect confirmation that they have more PIF money than they know what to do with 

That, and they want to now funnel it to nonprofits to answer the "what are you doing to help this issue" question in a big way (helping anyone in anti-trafficking who asks to fundraise) while no longer having to deal with 1 on 1 purchase buys from people who, at this point, in the 3rd week, had a chance to go free earlier when it wasn't a WOM phenomenon, so now, they are out of luck until the nonprofits get their chance (aka, the free movie ticket issue ends for the run as of last Saturday).

I mean, this could be donating potentially millions to non-profits from a single movie (depending how much is still on the shelf)?  Has any studio done that for any movie - become a nonprofit fundraiser driver with one of their single movie releases?  I can't remember one, but I can think of ones that would have been good choices in the past to do so...

Edited by TwoMisfits
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, wildphantom said:

Deadline…

”Barbie, which has presales far exceeding that of Disney’s The Little Mermaid ($95.5M), has a crazy range of projections stateside, from $90M-$125M. Warners is safely calling for $75M at 4,200 theaters”

Unless we're wildly overestimating things here, the 260 global launch they mention should be mostly covered by domestic alone. They're really low-balling both, especially WB with Barbie.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, wildphantom said:

Deadline…

They forgot a 1 before that 75M.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Entirely anecdotal this I know, but among my friends, only a couple have gone to see MI7, and the rest are waiting for on demand. The reasoning is generally because they have good TV and sound system set ups, the movie going experience is unpleasant, and the film is long. 

Same attitude has been prevalent for most of the big movies this year - especially the ones that reviewed averagely to badly. 

Edited by FunkMiller
  • Like 5