Eric Prime

C’MON BARBIE LET'S GO PARTY...AT LOS ALAMOS | BARBENHEIMER WEEKEND THREAD | We’re Thriving in our Plastic Fantastic Era | Mother Mothered with 162M | Daddy Exploded with 82.4M

Your Barbenheimer weekend plans  

175 members have voted

1. 1. What are you going to watch this weekend specifically?

2 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

I was very strictly not allowed to watch pg-13s as a kid, but was obsessed with dinosaurs and begged and begged my mom to watch it. Then I watched part of it at like 6 at a friends house wo her knowledge and was absolutely terrified and went back to Barney lmao. 

Was Barney much better though ....

Spoiler

d8p7y5o-31d9c176-d548-40af-8d32-2cb81234

Edited by Brainbug
  • Astonished 1

40 minutes ago, Eric Bainbridge said:

Re: repeat viewings, 2 is my max and I'm likely gonna keep that way. Even seeing a movie more than 5 times in theaters sounds egregious, espeically when there's always something new out every week. If you're watching something in theaters in the double digits, go read a book, kiss a girl, do...literally anything. It's just absurd. :lol: 

nah it’s not. It’s called being a fan. 

the amount of movies I wish I’d seen tons more times in theatres is colossal. 

I admire anybody who goes to see something they’re into or love over and over.  Doesn’t get any better. 

• Thanks 3

Just now, MovieMan89 said:

Hey, at least there was also Land Before Time and it’s 62 subsequent sequels in the 90s to tide me over before I could watch JP. 

Was Land before time much happier though

Spoiler

Land-Before-Time-Sadness.png

Spoiler

Land-still-800x491.jpg

Spoiler

c4bfb9c94c44ed6eb3a76997abffdb3bba-land-

What movies are you planning to watch for the rest of the year (not counting Barbie or Oppenheimer).

Here’s mine:

Haunted Mansion

TMNT: Mutant Mayhem

The Creator

A Haunting in Venice

Killers of the Flower Moon

The Holdovers

Napoleon

Dune: Part Two

Wish

Wonka

Edited by ringedmortality
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, MovieMan89 said:

The first one was some traumatic shit as a kid. That’s why I mostly stuck to those horrific dtv sequels. 

I watched the shit out of the sequels as a kid. During the more boring times of Covid i revisited a few of them out of nostalgia and ... yeah, these are some BAD movies, even for kids movies standards. Not every one is horrible, but most of them are. But as a kid, i loved all of them.

First one is legit a great movie though. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ringedmortality said:

What movies are you planning to watch for the rest of the year (not counting Barbie or Oppenheimer).

Here’s mine:

Haunted Mansion

The Creator

A Haunting in Venice

The Holdovers

Napoleon

Wish

Wonka

The Last Voyage of the Demeter

Blue Beetle

Challengers

The Creator

Five Nights at Freddy's

The Marvels

The Hunger Games: The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes

Wish

Napoleon

Wonka

Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom

Ferrari

• Like 1

1 minute ago, harrisonisdead said:

This is a pretty inconsequential stat but if Barbie reaches $150M, it would be the shortest movie to pass that mark (caveat that Mario would have gotten there if it had a traditional 3-day).

damn...

I would have thought other movies with runtimes under two hours would have done it too. But nope, I guess. Incredibles 2 is 118 minutes though.

2 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

I was shocked to lesrn Haunted Mansion is next week. I 100% thought that was October or something. Did Disney run out of money to market it? 

SAG-AFTRA strike made it's premiere go mostly unnoticed outside of the brief Twitter mention of the dystopian hellscape that was the Disney park staff showing up. Outside of that, they've been keeping the release low key for some reason despite early positive buzz.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

I was shocked to lesrn Haunted Mansion is next week. I 100% thought that was October or something. Did Disney run out of money to market it? 

I've been getting that stupid State Farm tie-in commercial before every movie. And also the trailer a few times. Even outside of that, I feel like promotion is doing fine for me, at least within my Disney fandom circles.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ringedmortality said:

Probably will watch everything of note eventually, for the ones likely in theater:

The Meg 2

Gran Turismo

Poor Things

The Creator

Dune 2

Wonka

The Color Purple

Napoleon

Wish

Hunger Games prequel

Saltburn

Just now, cannastop said:

damn...

I would have thought other movies with runtimes under two hours would have done it too. But nope, I guess. Incredibles 2 is 118 minutes though.

Yeah, I was particularly surprised that The Lion King 2019 and Beauty and the Beast 2017 are longer than Barbie. Why was Beauty and the Beast 129 minutes??

I always rewatch films, if I love films. Especially 90’s films and horror. Nostalgia & quality.

Less likely to watch recent films more than once, unless they’re amazing, horror or in franchises that I love. 

Us horror fans are a different breed though. I dislike some of the Friday, Nightmare & Halloween films, but I’ve still seen them countless times rewatching the whole franchises lol