Eric Burnett

C’MON BARBIE LET'S GO PARTY...AT LOS ALAMOS | BARBENHEIMER WEEKEND THREAD | We’re Thriving in our Plastic Fantastic Era | Mother Mothered with 162M | Daddy Exploded with 82.4M

Your Barbenheimer weekend plans  

175 members have voted

1. 1. What are you going to watch this weekend specifically?

Just now, Valonqar said:

if Barbie opens with lets say 170M what is the lifetime floor? Like what multi we expect? It's skewing female of course but not as extremly as thought so which means much better chance for long legs due to more demos showing interest. So realstiically what would be the lowest lifetime? 

450?

I think Barbie might get the record for highest grossing OW that doesn't have IMAX screens if such a thing exists.

WB should use the marketing techniques for Barbie with Wonka. I'm sure they'll be promotional partners already lined up.

12 minutes ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

Are we looking at the highest grossing pure comedy film (in general) of all time, with Barbie, worldwide?

Which comedy film holds the highest worldwide gross record? Foreign ones count as well.

Absolutely.

Hangover Part 2 is the highest grossing pure live action comedy (unless you count Deadpool) for an opening weekend at $85.9 Million. It did a total domestic of $254.5 Million.

4 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

if Barbie opens with lets say 170M what is the lifetime floor? Like what multi we expect? It's skewing female of course but not as extremly as thought so which means much better chance for long legs due to more demos showing interest. So realstiically what would be the lowest lifetime? 

I think it will have a big 2nd weekend drop but play well entire summer beyond that. I am thinking 500+ but Mario is safe at the moment for winning the year domestic. 

13 minutes ago, ringedmortality said:

Robbie really is for the straight guys. Like Ana De Armas

Absolute queens/empresses. Gotta say, if Ana de Armas would tell me to jump of a cliff ... i would do it without hesitation. 

Edit: yes this is irony/sarcasm just to be clear.

Edited by Brainbug
  • Thanks 1
  • Knock It Off 1

Just now, Day and Date The Best said:

The Barbie Marketing techniques can not be applied to wonka very different movies. And Barbie is an iconic doll that could be said nearly every woman played with. 

I dunno, people like purple and chocolate. 

3 minutes ago, Day and Date The Best said:

Seem Greta Feminist choises were spot on, because her target audience are liking it, wich could translate to repeat viewings, wich could translate to great performance. And then all other movies probably flopping for the rest of the year. 

Did Barbie kill your dog? I can understand pessimism in the current box office landscape, but this is complete doomsaying and frankly very unrealistic.

52 minutes ago, upriser7 said:

Holyshit...what a start overseas

Benny Hill What GIF

What in the world BARBIE IS GOING FOR 400M global opening at this point.. Wow that is insane.. 

This needs to be here

Edited by Geo1500

Great PostTrack scores for both movies as well 

Honestly, it looks like Oppie will ended up with A- on CS, which is insane for a Rated R movie. 

Barbie is harder, could be an A-, but since it’s playing very well with kids as well i think it can get an A 

Yeah, not only the OW will be insane but we’re in for very good legs as well. 

~500M for Barbie and 300M for Oppie seems reasonable

37 minutes ago, reddevil19 said:

Fuckin hell, man. Did you finish telling cancer-stricken kids Santa isn't real while dressed as a clown and kicking puppies so thought you'd post here in your free time, before you set fire to some orphanages?

You are projecting because:

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952fc6hduemxi06k3whci

Second none of that just your house. 

29xp-meme-superJumbo-v3.jpg

Edited by Day and Date The Best

2 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

Did Barbie kill your dog? I can understand pessimism in the current box office landscape, but this is complete doomsaying and frankly very unrealistic.

And I thought Sylvester was a pessimist....