Eric Deetz

C’MON BARBIE LET'S GO PARTY...AT LOS ALAMOS | BARBENHEIMER WEEKEND THREAD | We’re Thriving in our Plastic Fantastic Era | Mother Mothered with 162M | Daddy Exploded with 82.4M

Your Barbenheimer weekend plans  

175 members have voted

1. 1. What are you going to watch this weekend specifically?

1 hour ago, Krissykins said:

Sound of Freedom was overestimated, actual $19.8m. 

I knew they were way over estimating sunday. I forget what they estimated their Sunday drop to be but there's no way it was going to stay in the twenties in my opinion anyway.

9 minutes ago, baumer said:

Tell him that baumer said to take you to the Michael Myers house.

When I went out to LA and 2017 I think it was, and I met up with Tele (and others) he took me on a unbelievable trip to the actual Myers house where it was filmed. Also to the street as well. To the bush where Myers spies on Lori and Annie as they're walking down the sidewalk, and there's a house there now where the owners let you come up take pictures hold pumpkins greet you talk to you and they don't charge you a penny for it. It was one of the coolest days of my life.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, TheFlatLannister said:

Barbie is going to make $1.2B+ WW...Warner Bros is definitely going to greenlight a Ken movie 

With Ryan Gosling on board, that could do well. Many people found him to be one of the best parts of the film. And his song “I’m just Ken” is climbing the Spotify worldwide charts 😅

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, baumer said:

When I went out to LA and 2017 I think it was, and I met up with Tele (and others) he took me on a unbelievable trip to the actual Myers house where it was filmed. Also to the street as well. To the bush where Myers spies on Lori and Annie as they're walking down the sidewalk, and there's a house there now where the owners let you come up take pictures hold pumpkins greet you talk to you and they don't charge you a penny for it. It was one of the coolest days of my life.

That sounds awesome. Glad you were able to do that. 

• Like 1

Warner Bros is absolutely going to take the wrong lesson from this and start greenlighting a bunch of corporate schlock that Will Ferrel's character was essentially parodying. They did it with the LEGO Movie, and they're going to do it with Barbie. 

• Like 5
  • Sad 2

1 minute ago, TalismanRing said:

5pm and no MI7 numbers.  Is Paramount looking for 330k and change in Puerto Rico's couch cushions?

Paramount are scared shitless to release the numbers. Tom Cruise might see them.

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, dobrevv said:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2023-07-24/disney-weighs-delaying-some-2023-movie-releases-amid-strikes

"The discussions are at an early stage, but could impact films including Poor Things, Next Goal Wins, Wish and Magazine Dreams, which are all slated for release this year."

This site is not unknown to post bullshit 

And let’s see, Next Goal Wins is confirmed for TIFF premiere today and tomorrow the Venice lineup will be revealed and according to the president, Poor Things is greenlit to premiere there in September 

Seems weird to allow 2 movies to premiere on festivals just to delay them. And there’s also Haunting in Venice / The Creator from them dropping new trailers for September after strike begin.

If there’s 1 studio that seems to keep pretending everything is normal so far, is Disney

5 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Warner Bros is absolutely going to take the wrong lesson from this and start greenlighting a bunch of corporate schlock that Will Ferrel's character was essentially parodying. They did it with the LEGO Movie, and they're going to do it with Barbie. 

Barbie Origins: Ken
Weird Barbie Wars: The Pink Awakens

Barbie World: Dominion