upriser7

Weekday numbers July 24-27

23 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

Sad A Christmas Story GIF by filmeditor

My BO interest were sparked reading his articles in early days of internet. So its really sad. 

Why? I'm wrong all the time regarding movies box office. It means literally nothing.

Also, given that there is now the remote possibility of Barbie going 10 days over $20m I would like to say that currently only 2 movies have accomplished that so far:

The Force Awakens

Endgame

Yeah we're getting into unjnown territory at this point

Edited by Cheddar Please
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Astonished 11

Just now, BadOlCatSylvester said:

Dungeons and Dragons proved that earnest fantasy movies are still a hard sell.

That was a case of the brand being one of the very few remaining brands still looked at as "for nerds only". That stigma has gone away from most things except D&D.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, grim22 said:

That was a case of the brand being one of the very few remaining brands still looked at as "for nerds only". That stigma has gone away from most things except D&D.

I'm fairly sure Warhammer is far more in the nerd corner than D&D is at this point.

2 minutes ago, The Dark Alfred said:

Watch out TFA, BARBIE is coming for you! Loving how quickly WB is releasing this figures, they can't wait to get this epic numbers out there!

You know, I remember someone asked me at the start of this year when TFA's record would fall and I jokingly replied Barbie would take it down...

1 minute ago, Ledmonkey96 said:

I'm fairly sure Warhammer is far more in the nerd corner than D&D is at this point.

Sure but D&D hits that perfect point where everyone knows what it is. Like ask D&D to people and everyone can tell you "it's that role playing thing that nerds play right", ask about Warhammer and it's probably going to be confused looks with "sounds cool". Lesser stigma to overcome when people don't know much about you.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1