Shawn Robbins

The Box Office Buzz, Tracking, and Pre-Sale Thread

41 minutes ago, datpepper said:

There's a Jake Johnson/Lonely Island comedy movie that was originally set for a Hulu debut called Self Reliance that seems like it'll be going to theaters in some capacity now, potentially in conjunction with Neon? A theatrical-exclusive trailer is playing before Bottoms at some locations.

I got that when I saw Bottoms. I remember reading that it got delayed from a Hulu debut this month so I was surprised to see it.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, datpepper said:

There's a Jake Johnson/Lonely Island comedy movie that was originally set for a Hulu debut called Self Reliance that seems like it'll be going to theaters in some capacity now, potentially in conjunction with Neon? A theatrical-exclusive trailer is playing before Bottoms at some locations.

I live for your scoops, journalist of the year in my books

• Like 2
  • Heart 1

Studios are slowly returning to the days of when theaters were reopening during COVID where they were just dropping movies that wouldn't have played in theaters otherwise were getting substantial releases due to most of the bigger titles being delayed well into the future.

Except in this case, theaters need content since the summer movies are fading away from theaters and Tay Tay can't do all the work.

12 minutes ago, BoxOfficeFangrl said:

Not sure if it's a mistake or what, but Fandango is showing Eras dates at New York and LA Regal IMAX/PLF locations from 9/28 to 10/5.

Not a mistake as I just checked and I've got some as well.

Or if it is a mistake, it might be chain wide.  Checking on it now.

Weirdly enough it's only at the ScreenX  location, locally.  

Which is just fucking odd.  

Kinda think that might be an error of some sort???  Why have it at a ScreenX showing of all things?

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 1

Actually, could you do me a favor @BoxOfficeFangrl and see if it is on a ScreenX showing as well at your locations you spotted as it's also on a ScreenX waaaaay out in Fairfield (which I don't track but is visible in some of my searches).

EDIT:::

It's also normal priced tickets, FWIW.

Edited by Porthos

Gotta be some sort of error, @BoxOfficeFangrl as not only are those showings not listed on the Regal Corp site, I've got listings for The Creator on the ScreenX screen at the exact same time and day (and throughout the week as well).

Someone gone dun messed up one way or the other, that's for sure.

Come to think of it, maybe it is supposed to be The Creator and someone accidentally plugged in the wrong code when setting up the Fandango showtimes (however that's done)?  Seems like the most likely explanation at least.

Edited by Porthos

49 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Actually, could you do me a favor @BoxOfficeFangrl and see if it is on a ScreenX showing as well at your locations you spotted as it's also on a ScreenX waaaaay out in Fairfield (which I don't track but is visible in some of my searches).

EDIT:::

It's also normal priced tickets, FWIW.

Here's the locations I'm seeing starting 9/28, all ScreenX shows:

Nashville Area

Regal Hollywood ScreenX, 4DX & RPX

Regal Opry Mills ScreenX, 4DX, IMAX & RPX

NYC Area

Regal Union Square ScreenX & 4DX

Regal Deer Park & IMAX

Los Angeles Area

Regal Edwards Alhambra Renaissance & IMAX

Regal Edwards South Gate & IMAX

Regal Edwards Long Beach ScreenX & IMAX

Regal Edwards West Covina & ScreenX

Regal Edwards Valencia ScreenX & IMAX

Regal Edwards Ontario Palace ScreenX, IMAX & RPX

I don't know where all the ScreenX places are but Chicago and Atlanta show nothing until 10/13. Is Taylor pulling a Gran Turismo and rolling a week of previews into the OW?

Edited by BoxOfficeFangrl
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Gotta be some sort of error, @BoxOfficeFangrl as not only are those showings not listed on the Regal Corp site, I've got listings for The Creator on the ScreenX screen at the exact same time and day (and throughout the week as well).

Someone gone dun messed up one way or the other, that's for sure.

Come to think of it, maybe it is supposed to be The Creator and someone accidentally plugged in the wrong code when setting up the Fandango showtimes (however that's done)?  Seems like the most likely explanation at least.

A mistake is also a possibility, locally we had a small chain leave up 7/14 Oppenheimer showtimes for days before pulling them. But I like my sneak preview theory a bit better. :)

10 minutes ago, BoxOfficeFangrl said:

Is Taylor pulling a Gran Turismo and rolling a week of previews into the OW?

6 minutes ago, BoxOfficeFangrl said:

A mistake is also a possibility, locally we had a small chain leave up 7/14 Oppenheimer showtimes for days before pulling them. But I like my sneak preview theory a bit better. :)

Strangely enough, as a tracker, I don't. :lol: 

(though these would be full day showings and not half day sneaks here and there ala Gran Turismo)

But if you want a tie-breaker, there's the standard pricing for all of these shows.  Doesn't seem likely they'd be regular priced tickets if it was part of a rollout.

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 1

Will say that if it is an error and if they leave them up for days, Swifties gonna be maaaaaaaad when they eventually get yanked.

Only question is, who they get mad at? Fandango?  Regal?  Gareth Edwards (for "stealing" back those showtimes)?

I'll go with:  Yes.

23 hours ago, keysersoze123 said:

Taylor Swift Eras Tour  MTC1 Friday (Day 3 PS) - 467140/719679 9864247.60 4164 shows +19340

Definitely slowed down but it has already sold big % of tickets that it needs growth in shows to see big increase. Its going to hit 10m probably tomorrow or day after. Insane numbers overall !!!

Taylor Swift Eras Tour  MTC1 Friday (Day 4 PS) - 478379/728046 10106708.31 4231 shows +11239

Terrific day for sure. its above 10m as well 🙂

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5
  • Astonished 3
  • Disbelief 1

28 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Will say that if it is an error and if they leave them up for days, Swifties gonna be maaaaaaaad when they eventually get yanked.

Only question is, who they get mad at? Fandango?  Regal?  Gareth Edwards (for "stealing" back those showtimes)?

I'll go with:  Yes.

There are already sold seats with these Eras showtimes, it's going to be a mess if it's a mistake. Interestingly for the 9/28 date at these ScreenX locations, The Creator showtimes are preloaded and include other PLF options: RPX, 4DX, IMAX if available. So that would meet whatever PLF obligations Regal has for The Creator, leaving ScreenX free to show something else on those dates? 

OTOH, sneak previews would go against the sense of "fairness" with the movie, where it's supposed to be available to "everyone" at the same time (unlike the actual tour).

Edited by BoxOfficeFangrl

18 minutes ago, BoxOfficeFangrl said:

There are already sold seats with these Eras showtimes, it's going to be a mess if it's a mistake. Interestingly for the 9/28 date at these ScreenX locations, The Creator showtimes are preloaded and include other PLF options: RPX, 4DX, IMAX if available. So that would meet whatever PLF obligations Regal has for The Creator, leaving ScreenX free to show something else on those dates? 

OTOH, sneak previews would go against the sense of "fairness" with the movie, where it's supposed to be available to "everyone" at the same time (unlike the actual tour).

Problem is, on the Regal Corp site, The Creator has those exact same showtimes on the ScreenX screen as listed for Swift on Fandango:

(Taylor Swift showings)

Fandango [Thur Night]:

HkO9IHe.png

Fri All Day:

xWdC6YY.png

The Creator Showings:

Regal [Thur Night]:

931Yfvg.png

Fri [All Day]:

jrltMFb.png

One of them is obviously wrong and I tend to think it's not the one on the corp site.

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I checked the showtimes and seat capacity manually for each of the 40 ScreenX theaters on Fandango that show up when you search "ScreenX."  

Assuming the ScreenX showtimes for Taylor Swift: The Eras Tour are not errors,: 

• 25/40 ScreenX theaters have presales online between September 28th to October 5 (8 days) for The Eras Tour on Fandango.
  • 148,790 seats are available.
  • Assuming 100% capacity, $20 * 148,790 = $2.9758M.

• 1 theater has 22 showings (276 total seats per showing)
  • 6 theaters have 23 showings (1,290 total seats for all theaters per showing)
  • 2 theaters have 29 showings (396 total seats for all theaters per showing)
  • 14 theaters have 30 showings (3,198 total seats for all theaters per showing)
  • 1 theater has 37 showings (152 total seats per showing)

List of theaters that don't have TET presales showing at all (as of 10 PM PST):

• Regal Irvine Spectrum ScreenX, 4DX, IMAX & RPX
  • Cinemark Lancaster IMAX and ScreenX
  • Cinemark Century Oakridge 20 XD and ScreenX
  • Cinemark Century Great Mall 20 XD and ScreenX
  • Regal Crossroads ScreenX & RPX - Taylorsville
  • Cinemark West El Paso XD and ScreenX
  • Cinemark Longmeadow XD, IMAX, and ScreenX
  • Regal UA Galaxy Theatre & ScreenX - Dallas
  • Regal Warrington Crossing ScreenX, 4DX & IMAX
  • Regal South Beach ScreenX, IMAX & VIP
  • Cinemark Columbia Snowden and ScreenX
  • Regal Belltower & ScreenX
  • Regal Atlantic Station ScreenX, IMAX, RPX & VIP
  • Regal Pinnacle ScreenX, 4DX, IMAX & RPX
  • Regal Houston Marq*E ScreenX, 4DX, IMAX & RPX

EDIT: 

After an hour of manually checking showtimes and counting seats, I can see why you guys automate your trackers. 

Edited by BOfficeStats
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I think some of you underestimate the number of her casual fans, these kind of fans won't preorder her album and film tickets, but once it came out, they'll listen to her album from beginning to end and buy tickets. I think once they figure out what time is available for them, they'll buy the tickets. Even some die-hard fans tend to wait for the release week to rush to Target to grab a vinyl or CD, it's kind of a tradition in the fandom. 

• Like 1