Issac Newton

Weekend Thread | Estimates - Barbie $53M (hit a billion!), Meg2 $30M, Oppy $28.7, TMNT - $27.95M (5-day $43M), HauntedMansion $8.97M

6 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

I wonder Disney and Sony are thinking about trying to make Wishpoleon (Napolewish?) a thing as we speak. 

I think Dunka could actually stand a chance with cleverly engineered marketing bc the Chalamet connection could be a lot of fun in memes that go viral, and the two have parallels to Barbenheimer without seeming like an outright ripoff. I don’t see any other pairing opportunity to make a Barbenheimer 2.0 happen on the announced slate. But strike is making that pretty impossible to get it off the ground even if they wanted to (and since they haven’t moved to the same date they obviously don’t). 

Edited by MovieMan89
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, JustLurking said:

I am not really sure what's really left to tell within the story of Shrek tbh, and after a bad third film and mediocre 4th one I had completely lost interest (Shrek2 is one of my favorite films of all time, fwiw), but considering how good a film they were able to make out of puss2, if they can pull something similar I can see this being *HUGE*

Shrek Forever After is an 8/10 and I will die on that hill.

3 minutes ago, LonePirate said:

I have seen it 4 times. It's a phenomenal movie, partially because there are so many names dropped in it that I learned during my college physics courses that it's practically a reunion for me.

Yes  it is a phenomenal movie It will be playing for awhile so not in a hurry to get to it again. For many movies I love I could probably watch on  a loop but there are  too many movies i love and new movies I want to go to just keep going to one movie over and over. Saw DR Part 1 for the second time yesterday and wanted to just watch it again right after that but not going to do that.That will not be playing much longer in the theater sadly.  Next viewing will be on Blu Ray. 

2 minutes ago, ringedmortality said:

No.

But speaking of Wish, Disney should do a big show limited release with it at the El Capitan like they did with Frozen.

I’m not saying it would work, but this is Hollywood we’re talking about. At the very least, it would be a bit less forced than that Saw Patrol nonsense that Paramount and Lionsgate are trying to push. 

I am not really sure what's really left to tell within the story of Shrek tbh, and after a bad third film and mediocre 4th one I had completely lost interest (Shrek2 is one of my favorite films of all time, fwiw), but considering how good a film they were able to make out of puss2, if they can pull something similar I can see this being *HUGE*

Shrek, Fiona, Donkey, Puss, Kitty, Perro, Goldy + The Three Bears must team up to stop an avengers level threat from taking over Far Far Away - Steamboat Willie

steamboat_hawley.jpg

• Astonished 1

6 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

I’m not saying it would work, but this is Hollywood we’re talking about. At the very least, it would be a bit less forced than that Saw Patrol nonsense that Paramount and Lionsgate are trying to push. 

Wish and Napoleon are both major risks as it is in terms of bomb potential. I think Dune is in the same spot tbh, but Wonka on the other hand seems completely poised to be a gen z breakout like Barbie (+way more family appeal in this case). Dune would benefit massively from the memes of a Barbenheimer 2.0, like Opp did. And the Chalamet vs Chalamet joke gives it peak TikTok crowd viral potential. There is no meme/viral potential in Wish or Napoleon imo (unless if after Wish comes out and the soundtrack is another Frozen/Encanto phenomenon for Disney).

Dunka both being auteur type of acclaimed directors likely to get rave reviews is another strong Barben parallel. Napoleon and Wish are also too big of question marks ahead of release when it comes to quality. 

Edited by MovieMan89

Just now, MovieMan89 said:

Wish and Napoleon are both major risks as it is in terms of bomb potential. I think Dune is in the same spot tbh, but Wonka on the other hand seems completely poised to be a gen z breakout like Barbie (+way more family appeal in this case). Dune would benefit massively from the memes of a Barbenheimer 2.0, like Opp did. And the Chalamart vs Chalamet joke gives it peak TikTok crowd viral potential. There is no meme/viral potential in Wish or Napoleon imo (unless after Wish comes out and the soundtrack is another Frozen/Encanto for Disney).

Dunka both being auteur type of acclaimed directors likely to get rave reviews is another strong Barben parallel. Napoleon and Wish are also too big of question marks ahead of release when it comes to quality. 

• Astonished 1

Live Action Shrek remake, it's inevitable given Universal are making a live action HTTYD

16 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

That doesn’t even make sense. Barbie is not a spectacle movie that demands the big screen. It just isn’t. Yet it can be a very fun big audience experience IF you can get that kind of audience. Mileage will vary drastically with that though. 

Oppenheimer isn't a spectacle movie that demands the big screen either. Nolan demands the big screen, but the film doesn't.

• Like 3
  • Disbelief 3

4 minutes ago, MysteryMovieMogul said:

Oppenheimer isn't a spectacle movie that demands the big screen either. Nolan demands the big screen, but the film doesn't.

Because it’s not an action movie??? I totally disagree it’s not clearly meant for the big screen from a cinematography and audial standpoint. Nolan doesn’t make movies for the small screen. You can count on him and JC for that, if nothing else. 

• Like 1

Disney has money from Endgame + No Way Home + A2 that would fund dozens more epic bombs like this year through the rest of the decade at least. Now, if they fail this hard for like a solid 10 years, we can talk about their actual demise prospects. 

12 minutes ago, MysteryMovieMogul said:

Not as tough as Disney, though. They're gonna go bankrupt this year because of their stinkaroonies!

Moderation

Yeah we're not doing this. Please do not spout such trollish hyperbole.

• Like 3
  • Heart 1

12 minutes ago, MysteryMovieMogul said:

You are not a film aficionado if you consider only special effects movies as big screen worthy . This thinking is why the glory days of movies in 90s are replaced by cg fests to cater to audiences with this thinking 

• Like 7