Eric S'ennui

Weekend Thread (8/11-13) | Demeter 750K Previews

15 minutes ago, vale9001 said:

Thank you. Barbie is 6th for 150M+ openers. Before the next weekend should already beat The incredible 2 for #5. 

I think it has a very strong chance of becoming the leggiest 150M+ opener; it needs to end with ~614M+ to do so.

Peace,

Mike

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, filmlover said:

This won't even hit $100M worldwide. Now this is what a true bomb looks like.

Everybody waiting for Halloween Disney+. Could have waited and put it out theatrically, but nope! I think this spells out that they can no longer put out seasonal-themed movies outside of the actual holiday and do big business. Their streaming service is absolutely murdering them. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Will Gran Turismo even pull a double digits opening in two weeks?

Yes. The film has already had four different days with 7pm preview showings including almost all AMC Dolby screens during those showings. There were also afternoon previews yesterday at many theaters. My neighborhood AMC has a 7pm preview for it this coming Friday and Saturday along with a 3pm Saturday preview. I think it falls off a cliff in its second weekend but it should be able to hit at least $20M during its opening weekend. In fact, there is a chance it might gross more from its multitude of previews and its Thursday night shows than it grosses for its true three day weekend.

Edited by LonePirate
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, vale9001 said:

Nowadays you can watch a movie again the day tomorrow on the internet being too long has not a positive impact for rewatches on a generic audience. 

A Black Panther movie like the sequel, something you go to watch for the only purpose to being entertained, being 20 minutes longer than Forrest Gump 🙃

Forrest Gump is 142 minutes longer than it needed to be.

• Disbelief 1