kayumanggi

Weekend Numbers (actuals) | Aug 18 - 20 | 25.0M BLUE BEETLE | 21.1M BARBIE

4 minutes ago, SchumacherFTW said:

Nah, it's more simple, it's a mediocre movie but an all time great opening night theater experience

These things hold no value to me. I've never had a noisy theater experience in my area (not even endgame OW) and the only thing that would achieve would be to annoy me.

A "great theater experience" is seeing a great film, if I want to hear a bunch of screeching noises youtube is more than happy to provide

Edited by JustLurking

28 minutes ago, LonePirate said:

The film is 2+ hours of moderate quality fan service and little more. However, the final 5 minutes were superb and the best of the entire movie. 

I agree I preferred FFH from what it was tbh. They kinda ruined Dr Strange to make this movie happen

12 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

IIRC August openers have the best avg legs aside from December - mostly because there's less competition by the end of Aug and into September.

Yep. The competition's also going to be incredibly light this year given the relatively low number of major releases until November (thanks to the strikes).

29 minutes ago, tonytr87 said:

This right here is the problem with Phase 4. It doesn't exist. It's a hodge-podge of disparate films and TV shows with no real throughline outside of multiverse shenanigans in only 3 out of 14 (!) titles. 

If marvel stuck with the original pre-covid timeline, you would have had 5 or 6 tv and film projects back to back focused on the multiverse/Doctor Strange which would have created more of an illusion of continuity. 

I also suspect Thor 4 post-credit teaser likely involved the eternals at some point.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SchumacherFTW said:

And being generally dope, I fucking dug that movie

Same, it is a lot of fun. The Bay/Transformers/Fox combo was what made it popular OS. TMNT just isn't a big brand. The live action sequel is a big stepdown. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Yep. The competition's also going to be incredibly light this year given the relatively low number of major releases until November (thanks to the strikes).

Everybody keeps saying the strikes causing the light rest of the year schedule. Yet only one studio Sony has made any major moves so far. Moving the billion dollar locked movie Kraven  the Hunter and Ghostbusters Firehouse which was always going to move. Even pre strikes the final 4 months of this year did not look that great. 

11 minutes ago, JustLurking said:

These things hold no value to me. I've never had a noisy theater experience in my area (not even endgame OW) and the only thing that would achieve would be to annoy me.

A "great theater experience" is seeing a great film, if I want to hear a bunch of screeching noises youtube is more than happy to provide

My theater usually isn't either. But watching the Force Awakens certainly was. I was part of it though lol.

30 minutes ago, Kon said:

This is true. Deadline was extremely close.

I've never understood why people in this forum act like Deadline makes mistakes in its estimates all the time.

Because we have more than a decade of experience with Deadline and its early numbers. Sure sometimes they are accurate and maybe they have improved of late, perhaps due to Nikki not being there anymore, but they are notorious for a reason.

15 minutes ago, JustLurking said:

I usually prefer complete silence too when I watch a movie in a theatre but NGL the experience of watching Endgame and NWH in a packed theatre on OD (especially where I am from) was the greatest cinema experience for me. I would give anything to experience that again. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, The GOAT said:

Just a heap of mediocre movies and tv shows that saturated the market and destroyed the genre. The only good product that they’ve put out since Endgame are GOTG3 and NWH

No Way Home - severe nostalgia bait and owned by Sony

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 - Directed by the now head of the DCU and last movie of the beloved subfranchise within the MCU

Is the genre more doomed than BOT recognizes? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Deathlife said:

BBs performance is unfortunate.

Latino representation is a very complicated discussion because Latino as a descriptor is a group of people from disparate cultures and literally different races that are being grouped together. I have Puerto-Rican relatives and they apparently have little in common with people from Mexico beyond the fact they all speak the same language. Seriously, Latino includes people like Charlie Sheen to Ricky Martin to Jennifer Lopez to Cardi B to Laz Alonso, it's a very large and frankly completely different people that are being grouped together. It's basically like attempting to group all French speaking people in the US into one group regardless of race or nationality, it really doesn't work. 

This is something that Hollywood will have to keep in mind when trying to tap into the Latino demographic. Representation is great and I will always support it but Hollywood needs to pick its battles. Blue Beetle to me looks more like it's focused on Mexican culture (I haven't seen it yet though, so this is a little speculative on my part) which should have been stated more prominently in its marketing (like Coco) IMO.

Not to mention the Brazilians, who don't even speak the same language as the rest.

I liked your group of very different people, let me add Gisele Bundchen to the mix.

2 hours ago, TMP said:

The biggest mistake was pivoting from major blockbusters to shovel-ware streaming shit. Feige's gonna be on an all-time TV run coming up with Echo, Ironheart and Agatha

Agatha being good should do well to be honest, that one makes sense.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, ringedmortality said:

Next year someone make a Superman: Legacy below The Batman club

That's not a particularly bold club, it could easily happen.

16 minutes ago, The GOAT said:

fixed

That's slightly better.