Borobudur

National Cinema Day Draw 8.5m admission | GT $17.4m | Barbie $15.1m | BB: $12.2m | Oppy: $8.2m | TMNT: $6.1m | Meg2: $4.8m

4 minutes ago, Issac Newton said:

Wow, even those sparse PLF shows it got back and bringing the heat. Easily over $8M for the weekend, maybe even $9M depending on NCD boost 

• Like 2

Grabbed a Dolby ticket for GT on Sunday.

Was also looking at the screens for Oppie.. IMAX showings basically full (the theater near me gave GT the IMAX early morning and late evening time, and let Oppie keep the mid afternoon slots). These tix are usually like $20+ so not surprised.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, vale9001 said:

This weekend will drop under 40% and next week with labor day will drop under 40% again.

Likely both weekend under 30%. 

I'm sorry but i dont understand your point. MovieMan89 said that Barbie will be locked to beat JW, you said that this and next weekend Barbie weekend drops will be under 30 percent, but this drops will add Barbie just few millions, and she needs 25 mln more than current pace to win with JW.  So do you think that with great holds this weekend Barbie will be locked to beat JW or not.

35 minutes ago, M37 said:

But also have to take into consideration that weekdays will be getting smaller as we roll into full Fall/school season. Best to look at full weeks, where Barbie just finished a $31.9M (-40%). The grossing volume and added bonuses like NCD and Labor Day weekend will help, and $650M+ is absolutely in play, but really have to wait and see where things stand that 2nd week of September to fine tune the final range 

This total week will be 25M again 32M last week. It's already 25% drop and Schools are in part already open. 650 are on lock.

It's even re releasing in IMAX. Now the point Is of how much can touch Avatar. 

We're already over the dinos.

Edited by vale9001

17 minutes ago, 1Robert1 said:

I'm sorry but i dont understand your point. MovieMan89 said that Barbie will be locked to beat JW, you said that this and next weekend Barbie weekend drops will be under 30 percent, but this drops will add Barbie just few millions, and she needs 25 mln more than current pace to win with JW.  So do you think that with great holds this weekend Barbie will be locked to beat JW or not.

You said Barbie last week made 32M. I supposed you mean the Total week. 

This week Is already losing only 25% since It's doing around 25M full week. So i don't get your counts about It "if It loses 40% every week like last week" since It's already losing less than that.

17 minutes ago, vale9001 said:

This total week will be 25M again 32M last week. It's already 25% drop and Schools are in part already open. 650 are on lock.

I know I’ve been out of the loop for a bit, but … Barbie is not going to make $25M this week, what are you smoking?

14 minutes ago, vale9001 said:

Nah, it won't touch A2. Even the movie start to follow NWH, which had a crazy late legs and almost impossible to replicate, it would still stop at around 675m. 

3 hours ago, M37 said:

But it’s the same level of extended hours theaters ran for Barbenheimer OW.  For the 4 days (including Thursday), Oppy had nearly 75K shows, which means around ~20K would have been for Sunday. Gran Tourismo has under 67K for its 4-day OW, and even with a Sunday heavier schedule, in same ballpark of 20K shows. So again, would require a similar level of sales to Oppy, which was over 60% capacity across all of MTC1 from 10A through 8P on that opening Sunday 

Blue Beetle meanwhile has only 46K shows for the weekend, just not enough volume to even make a run at 2M admits and $8M NCD gross 

60% doesn't sound like mission impossible to me especially GT is a movie that isn't seat sensitive.