Borobudur

National Cinema Day Draw 8.5m admission | GT $17.4m | Barbie $15.1m | BB: $12.2m | Oppy: $8.2m | TMNT: $6.1m | Meg2: $4.8m

6 hours ago, Kon said:

This fall would be pretty bad, right?

Yes.  I kept hearing 50ish% drops with many prediction saying it would only be in the 40s since they keep thinking this movie will have amazing legs or NCD will save it.  With this drop it shows that is not the case and the legs should not be good at all.

Anyhoo, not gonna look at all the NCD sales for obvious reasons, but I thought it woulda been neat to at least look at the re-releases and see all the tickets sold for them at my theater. Just to see how the classics are holding up.

American Graffiti: 41 tickets

Jurassic Park: 119 tickets

Beauty and the Beast: 66 tickets

Boy oh boy, do people love them those dinos.

I don't pity blue beetle, although it is toxic by dceu, it just lazy film, 80% content copied from other successful superhero movies, only few less effective humor and latin culture are original, many people say superhero movies use same formula, but blue beetle too absurd, even ending was carried from nwh, nwh still need a few months to 2nd anniversary, creators are speedsters at copy, wow.

14 minutes ago, ringedmortality said:

The First Avengers only has a 69 on Metacritic, really the only time period critics were somewhat soft on the MCU (meaning that a majority of their films had above a 70 on MC) was 2016-2019.

And even then, going from memory loads of the positive reviews were like “yeah sure, this does what it is supposed to do well, fans of the genre are going to really enjoy it, so why should I complain too much?”

I honestly don’t see a problem with reviewing a movie using such criteria, especially because, generally speaking, the not-so-well reviewed movies recently are actually the ones not so well received by the GA either right? It makes a lot of sense to me