RyneOh1040

Taylor Swift || The Eras Tour Concert Film - October 13, 2023 | Comes to Disney+ w/ 5 bonus songs

11 minutes ago, Inceptionzq said:

Not sure if this is the first proper TV ad, might be, but there was just an ad on the Chiefs-Jets game. Who knows if it’ll be a common occurrence, might just be taking advantage of her being at the game.

My expectation is it'll only be during major events like. She can hit her target demo with her social media, and football commercials hit everyone else. 

Cinemark, a theater chain with about 500 locations, said that ticket sales for “Taylor Swift: The Eras Tour” are “setting domestic presale records” with demand “10 times higher” than any other film released through the company. The reaction has “blown everyone away,” Cinemark announced in a press release.

CNN

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This is starting to feel like 200m+ OW will happen. I’m really not crazy about the idea of a concert film getting one of the biggest OWs of all time but it is what it is I guess. I can’t imagine Barbie won’t still be safe for the yearly crown, so as long as it’s not the #1 movie of the year or something.  

Edited by MovieMan89

3 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

Keep in mind the 100 mil presales is worldwide.

Yeah, but I really wonder if it’s gonna be such a big phenomenon outside of the US. I’m guessing most of that number is domestically right now, but I could be wrong 

47 minutes ago, ChipDerby said:

Travis kindly hinted to the NFL they were overdoing it with the Taylor coverage and the league issued a whole statement defending themselves. No wonder! Football still gets good ratings so ad space goes for a pretty penny. There's speculation that the NFL hopes the free movie promo will persuade Taylor to do the halftime show someday. If the league is willing to give six-figure gifts to Kelce's girlfriend, who's to say they won't do everything to make sure his team wins as much as possible? The NFL used to make a great show about the appearance of propriety.

Who knew a concert movie would lead to so much drama? Studios mad, movies scattering from Friday the 13th, the Swifties and Beyhive fighting, Taylor dating a football player, the NFL openly shipping it and giving her free promo.

Edited by BoxOfficeFangrl
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Arlborn said:

Yeah, but I really wonder if it’s gonna be such a big phenomenon outside of the US. I’m guessing most of that number is domestically right now, but I could be wrong 

it's doing amazing in brazil, UK and asutralia and there's no doubt it'd do good in Asia. it's not releasing in china tho which is a shame 

• Thanks 1

The only Hollywood movies this year that have opened $100m+ WW in 2023 are

Quantumania

Creed 3

John Wick 4

Mario

GOTGV3

Fast X

TLM

ATSV

ROTB

Flash

Indy 5

MI7

Barbie

Oppenheimer

Meg 2

For Eras to get there from presales alone is insane. Will be an interesting weekend, for sure.

Edited by Bob Train
  • Like 3

57 minutes ago, Arlborn said:

Depends what do you mean with big. If you mean like 100-150M OS sans china, It can make It easily. 

Yeah probably right now is like 75 domestic 25 OS but pre sales are not a big phenomenon in a lot of countries as in the US, plus International has only One week of Sales against US 5 weeks. 

Now a week away and I’m genuinely curious what the temperature is. Extremely hard to call just how big it will be.

Ive set my general over/under predictions at 130M OW and 215 DOM over the 4 scheduled weekends.

Over/under? Possibility of something more conservative? (110/180?) 

7 hours ago, MovieMan89 said:

This is starting to feel like 200m+ OW will happen. I’m really not crazy about the idea of a concert film getting one of the biggest OWs of all time but it is what it is I guess. I can’t imagine Barbie won’t still be safe for the yearly crown, so as long as it’s not the #1 movie of the year or something.  

that 200M OW you're starting to feel must be based on something I'm missing because it definitely isn't based on tracking

with these pre sales i guess like 180-200M global debut is happening?

-10-15M budget

-very low distribution costs (cause all the amc screens are autodistributed)

-basically no marketing costs (free spot on tv) and everything on socials network

big studios are fuming for sure 😅