Giorno

9/29-10/1 Weekend Thread

1 minute ago, titanic2187 said:

Before the weekend I was thinking all three newcomers would come above $20m, thereby making this weekend the first $100m since mid-August. Turns out I was too imaginative. 

Don't worry. In a couple of weeks, Taylor's OD > All 3 of their OWs combined 

42 minutes ago, toutvabien said:

We need Tay Tay to come to the rescue. She and Barbie will carry. The blondes keeping theaters alive.

Bodes well for Carol Danvers.

Reese Witherspoon and Mindy Kaling need to get Legally Blonde 3 in order ASAP before this blonde ship sails 

• Heart 1

Paramount and Spin Master are laughing their way to the bank with Paw Patrol. $23m is very good for a film that cost $30m and given there is little competition both domestically and OS, it'll make a healthy project.

Disney aren't going to lose much from The Creator as they only distributed and marketed it, the budget was paid for by New Regency and I think eOne. 

Edited by Jonwo
  • Like 1

Caught Bad Money last night. 7/10. Pete Davidson was the audience favorite. Script a bit too straightforward. Directing felt like diet-Adam McKay.

Caught some new trailers though, The Holdovers and Saltburn join Killers and Napoleon as must-watches. Can't recall the last time I've been this pumped for the fall season. I'm not a horror guy, but I think both Freddy's and Thanksgiving have strong box office potential. Those are much more in the vein of millennial horror that drove Smile and Megan to success than a 10th Saw film.

1 hour ago, BoxOfficeFangrl said:

The Blind is the Duck Dynasty backstory, but apparently not the part where they were clean-shaven dudes in white polos ...

LMFAO WHAT

I thought with a title like that it was about a guy dealing with being blind. Why is it even called that? Because ducks have bad vision?

• Like 1