Giorno

9/29-10/1 Weekend Thread

Barbeinheimer proved that people are still willing to go to the cinema, but you gotta give them something fresh and exciting. Not only people are not interested in The Creator, but people rejected the same really old franchises Indy and Mission Impossible. Time from some fresh ideas from the writers now that they are back from the strike.

• Like 1

we need to refocus the conversation on the important stuff. like how i was looking through Ken Watanabe's wikipedia after watching The Creator and apparently he's in the Olivia Rodrigo documentary that's on Disney+?? What's he doing there?

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

32 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

Thanks bud! I'm good. I shouldn't be saying all this shit in a public forum, especially when I got a good life and career in politics and shit. I just miss the days when I was having a bad week and I'd log on and it turned out that the Hangover or some shit stunned everyone and opened to something amazing. I appreciate the good work of our trackers very much, but now it's like, most things aren't gonna have that breakout, and we have the data to prove it! So pardon my negativity. It's just been a weird week.

Sometimes you just gotta let it out. Here for ya, friend.

55 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

I am disappointed to have let Coolio down. I just want a win, ya know? It'd just be nice to log on and see a movie suprise me and break out, or a candidate I want to win up in the polls, or the girl who just left me back in my life, or the Vikings not 0-3. It'd just be positive to log on my ole computer and see some good news for once. BOT stands for Box Office Therapy, apparrently. I will be better.

October looks good. I think, constructively, that it would be better to distribute the hits in a more equitable year throughout the year so that 6 out of 7 weeks aren't total garbage like twice a year.

You want some boochie?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

I think on the negativity scale between 1 and 10, @Eric the Creator is only a 4 or 5, the others like CJohn is a 8, Clay is a 9 and BadolCat is 12.

I correctly predicted Trump would win in 2016 on these boards (while I was working for the Hillary campaign!) and people called me crazy, so I've taken that one time as permission to be an annoying doomer for seven more years.

• Like 5

Just now, Cmasterclay said:

I correctly predicted Trump would win in 2016 on these boards (while I was working for the Hillary campaign!) and people called me crazy, so I've taken that one time as permission to be an annoying doomer for seven more years.

By the way, I feel you.

My sister works in politics, and she and I were very cautious and open about how likely Trump was to win. We continue to be open about how Biden can lose.

It's like...bitches never taking us seriously.

• Like 3

Can I be honest?

I am fine with doom and gloom, but I get especially annoyed when every occurrence is a repeat of the last version. Have a moment of devastation, but, like...change it up.

This has been a constant reason why I step away from the forum so much, but, also...I have a life I want to live, so I get as much as possible to make it.

We are in a new era of cinema where not everything is sure-fire hit anymore, and, I believe the unpredictability has everyone rattled. Rightfully so, how can this field continue if we lose reasons to prove its success and worth. But, I also believe we can participate in those conversations where the most popular quote of the day is not just, "Cinema is over!" Like, get in depth, tell me why. What can we do?

Having the conversation grow redundant is only pushing someone like me away, and I will not even bother popping in a place (this forum) where this is the constant mood.

Like, I need some fun. My life is whack too like Clay. I am still recovering from my extremely shitty and toxic "relationship" with a past lover who seriously lied to me. I am still recovering from my childhood's traumatic experiences. I am still recovering from a county that had someone like Trump (and many others in public office) voted into power. I am still recovering from the fact I was not born rich, so I will never have access to opportunities I so desperately wish I had to live the life I want.

It fucking sucks. I am too damn bold, too damn charismatic, too damn funny, too damn pretty, and too damn talented to not be a star. So, when I login in here, if you are depressed, great. Tell me how you too want to end it right in front of someone you hate to change their life trajectory.

Or, be like, be open about how much you would receive a spit roast and train from the likes of Duddddde, Eric, Spidey Freak, etc.

Edited by Claire of Themyscira
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

As a horror fan, I’m loving the box office currently. 

And the quality of horror films since Covid too. 

Did you enjoy The Nun II?

I feel like, compared to my best friend, it may have clicked for me more than others.

Don't know, I enjoyed it. Not perfect, but one of their much better attempts.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

As a horror fan, I’m loving the box office currently. 

And the quality of horror films since Covid too. 

The thing about horror is that most if not all will be profitable. The Nun II is already in the black and then some.

• Like 1

Just to clarify - my meltdown is about The Creator. Saw is the 10th entry in the fucking Saw franchise, with no real break to build up anticipation. That shit is doing completely fine, better than expected tbh. It's the Creator I was depressed about exclusively. I said Creator, Killers, Napoleon, Color Purple are my four films this fall that will tell us something about adult films. Killers looking much better, thankfully.

Edited by Cmasterclay
  • Like 3

I'm drawing my line in the sand - 60m for Napoleon and 50m for Color Purple domestic total. Napoleon is a major historical epic about the most famous guy ever with an A-List star/director and 31 million trailer views. Color Purple is based on a huge hit property and is a well received Christmas musical with a clear target audience. Mark it down - we get those numbers at minimum, no more meltdowns from Clay this year!

Remember when you gals and guys where mad because of telling you during Barbie and Oppenheimer that high box office was probably over because people watch maybe only 1-5 films at cinema. And the meltdown when Five Nights at Freddy becomes the new succesffull one and you people probably will talk crap about streaming, while all these theater only movies flop. These non Barbie Oppenheimer, Mario, and possibly Marvel movies.