grim22

It’s Me. Hi. I’m The Eras Tour Weekend Thread | 39M Friday

Are people seriously trying to argue that Gaga peaked higher than Taylor? Taylor's current tour is probably going to generate about as much revenue as Gaga's entire music career up to this point has done.

In fact, no artist the past 20 years has been close to as big as Taylor is right now. Sure, she hasn't sold as many albums as Adele, and maybe not as many streams as Drake, but she beats them on every metric that matters. Ed Sheeran was obviously huge as well, but he could barely sustain his popularity for 5 years, never mind 15 years.

It's hard to compare artists of the streaming era with artists of previous music eras, but it seems to me that Taylor's current tour is the most in demand of the past 50 years or so.

Edited by Dale Cooper
  • Like 1
  • Heart 2

13 hours ago, fmpro said:

Sooooooo. Lets do the list thing 😂

1) Freddy v Jason( love that campy movie)

2) Part IV( Corey F rules)

3) Part VII( I don`t know why😑)

4) Part I

5) Part III

6) Part VI

7) Part VIII

8’) Part II

9) 2009

10) Part V

11) Jason X

12) Jason goes to hell

I really hope they get their acts together and make some new ones

Mine:

1) Final Chapter

2) part 3

3) part 2

4) Original

5) part 5

6) Remake

7) FvJ

😎 Part 6

9) JGTH

10) 7

11) Jason x

12) 8

5 minutes ago, baumer said:

Mine:

1) Final Chapter

2) part 3

3) part 2

4) Original

5) part 5

6) Remake

7) FvJ

😎 Part 6

9) JGTH

10) 7

11) Jason x

12) 8

PART THREE?

That's like the whackiest.

Feel like it had no purpose amongst the whole franchise, which is saying a lot.

• Disbelief 1

What helped Taylor immensely in the streaming era are the constant releases of new records. Since Lover in summer 2019 she’s dropped 8 (!!!) projects, almost 200 songs in a mere 4 years. And Folklore was her crowning achievement during those years, just like Beyonce’s self-titled it helped  revive interest after a somewhat muted response of their last projects (Lover/4).

Ranking them...

Hmm, I'd go like this.

An Honest Ranking Of Every Friday The 13th Movie By The Star Of BOT

1. Friday The 13th: Part 2
  2. Friday The 13th: The Final Chapter
  3. Friday The 13th (2009)
  4. Friday The 13th: The New Blood (Jean Grey/Raven vs. Jason)
  5. Friday The 13th
  6. Friday The 13th: Jason Lives
  7. Freddy vs. Jason
  8. Friday The 13th: A New Beginning
  9. Friday The 13th: Jason Takes Manhattan
  10. Jason Goes To Hell

I have NOT fully seen Jason X, so I am choosing not to rank them.

But, honestly, anything from 3 to 7 is interchangeable. I recently rewatched ALL of them, and I enjoyed myself. Almost got inspired to write a script myself. Remember enjoying Jean Grey/Raven's installment, and I did again watching it back. Had an incredible setting.

The remake aged better than I remembered. I want a threesome with Jared Padalecki and Travis Van Winkle. But, it was pretty effective in a lot of ways. Pretty people getting chased by a killer always works in my book as long as it's fun. The New Blood & Jason Lives were fun because I enjoyed the nerdy girl in The New Blood and was PISSED when she got murdered.

Jason, why are you a sexist? LOVED the camp and the existence of kids in Jason Lives. At the end of the day, that's what I feel is at the core of the story, the camp, the camp life, the counselors, and Jason...and this had that. Part 2 was great because it really gave me all of that along with a final girl who was kinda cunty...wish she had continued down the line. OMG, the guy in the wheelchair was FINE. The original is cunty, end of story.

Manhattan...I GIGGLED. Why were they only in the city in the last twenty minutes? That was too funny. I definitely had fun with this one, but it was more of so bad, it was fun? Jason Goes To Hell? Nasty ass shit. The story? Shit. The cinematography? The acting? Shit. The whole thing? Shit. I was APPALLED.

I couldn't finish the rewatch of Freddy Vs. Jason...I was getting annoyed with some of the characters and dialogue. I recently dabbled in drugs this past July, but I found the overabundance of that and party-like nature a bit too much. It does have some great shots though, TO ME...to me. And, Kelly Rowland improving an ICONIC line with a homophobic slur to me that gagged the writers so much, but still kept it in the film? CINEMA. The girls delivered here, except for the main girl who was pretty weak to me...TO ME.

This story has a LOT of potential though. Dying for a remake. ❤️

Wish the game was still playable.

• Like 4

17 hours ago, Coldshoulder said:

Bieber couldn’t even finish his recent stadium tours because it didn’t sell well, Harry Styles is much bigger than him currently.

And if talking abt fame like people knowing his name, Bieber is still pretty damn big of course, but people don’t pay for him like they used to do .

If you want to know who is more worldwide relevant, google trend can only prove one’s celebrity energy. Spotify monthly listeners and streams somehow show how many people actually listen to his/her music.

The Weeknd has been the #1 artist on Spotify for a while now, not for nothing.

1 hour ago, Dale Cooper said:

Are people seriously trying to argue that Gaga peaked higher than Taylor? Taylor's current tour is probably going to generate about as much revenue as Gaga's entire music career up to this point has done.

In fact, no artist the past 20 years has been close to as big as Taylor is right now. Sure, she hasn't sold as many albums as Adele, and maybe not as many streams as Drake, but she beats them on every metric that matters. Ed Sheeran was obviously huge as well, but he could barely sustain his popularity for 5 years, never mind 15 years.

It's hard to compare artists of the streaming era with artists of previous music eras, but it seems to me that Taylor's current tour is the most in demand of the past 50 years or so.

Gaga’s first era has more CSPC units than any 21st century album bar 21. Touring is only one metric to measure success. 

1 hour ago, Claire of Themyscira said:

PART THREE?

Jason gets his hockey mask in part 3. It might be one of the most important films in the series. Plus it's enormously entertaining and has maybe the most ingenious kill out of all 12 films. That's when Andy is walking on his hands and Jason slices him in two from his nuts to his neck.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Claire of Themyscira said:

WAIT... @baumer

Why was Jason SO nasty to the fine ass man in the wheelchair in Part II?

Like, what a death scene...it was too nasty. THE WHEELCHAIR GOING DOWN THE STAIRS IN THE RAIN?

#JasonAbleist #JasonExposed

Because Jason kills without prejudice. I think that death in part 2 established him as a man without remorse and set the tone for the rest of the films.

5 minutes ago, baumer said:

Because Jason kills without prejudice. I think that death in part 2 established him as a man without remorse and set the tone for the rest of the films.

Well he has some prejudice and aversion to killing.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

I knew it'd be frontloaded as all hell from the start. There's nothing for the casuals to enjoy in these concert films, and that audience has been mostly gone for years. These are for the diehards and no one else, hence the explosive early presales and the borderline anemic walkups.

Still, even with that caveat, it'll still likely be the biggest opening of this quarter unless word of mouth on Freddy's is outstanding. That's a testament to how big Tay-Tay's fanbase is, and a damning indication of just how unappealing the rest of the fall slate looks. I have a feeling she'll have prevented at least some layoffs by the time all is said and done.

In some other thoughts, damn, the new Marty movie is next week! Time passes by so quickly now. I feel old. Saw X is also launching in a lot of international markets next weekend including mine, so it should be a good weekend at least.

I guess falling 20% on Saturday is the definition of front loaded but a 33 million-dollar Saturday for a concert film? This thing is going to make 90 million this weekend and it doesn't matter how much it falls on Saturday or Sunday it's a ridiculous unmitigated and in my opinion unforeseen gigantic success. It's not that I thought it was going to tank or bomb but to open up to nearly 100 million dollars is ridiculous.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Claire of Themyscira said:

PART THREE?

Part 3 is hilarious, right from the exploding opening title, you know exactly what you’re going to get. Watching this one with a likeminded crowd as part of a marathon at the Prince Charles Cinema in London a few years back is one of my favourite moviegoing memories. All of the dated 3D effects just add to it.

• Like 1