XXR vs XXR

The Marvel / MCU Thread || From Blade to Secret Wars, All Things Marvel!

14 hours ago, interiorgatordecorator said:

heard the loki s2 finale gives them an opening to get rid of khan if they need to

I'd say more than kinda - the end of the show could literally let the show or its offshoot handle it into perpetuity.  

If Disney wanted to...and they should REALLY want to, at this point...

• Like 2
  • Disbelief 1

Having finished excellent Loki S2. More and more convinced Kang just won't work.  Immortis and timely were just a little to goofy to take seriously , Kang in QM  was severely undermined. Character is neither intimidating in terms of strength or intellect. 

Council of kangs was cringe and terrible.

Loki S2 definitely left door open to cut Kang and I think they will.

• Disbelief 1

6 hours ago, Valencia said:

It’s the movies moreso than the TV shows.

Those naturally reach a much bigger audience, and have more viewership, so quality is more important.

Tying them together (Wandavision with Multiverse of Madness, The Marvels with Wandavision, Ms.Marvel, Secret Invasion), and probably Cap 4 with Falcon and the Winter Solider, etc.) expecting large portions of the audience to have watched the shows is where they dragged down the movies and brand. If they were kept

entirely separate like the Netflix era the TV shows being mid wouldn’t matter.

The movies themselves have had an observable dip in quality. 

MCU had one B range Cinemascore for 15 years in Thor.

In the last 2 years alone from 2021-2023 they’ve had 4 in Multiverse of Madness, The Marvels, Thor love and Thunder, and Eternals. 2 of those being linked to D+ shows.

They should have kept the same idea they had with the Netflix Marvel shows for the Disney Plus shows. Take place in the same universe, a few guest shots are OK, but don't try to closely tie together the shows  and the movies. A few references are OK, but don;t make the movies depdenent on the shows.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Liiviig 1998 said:

Having finished excellent Loki S2. More and more convinced Kang just won't work.  Immortis and timely were just a little to goofy to take seriously , Kang in QM  was severely undermined. Character is neither intimidating in terms of strength or intellect. 

Council of kangs was cringe and terrible.

Loki S2 definitely left door open to cut Kang and I think they will.

I always sort of though for the next THanos level cosmic threat Galactus was the obvious nominee.

22 hours ago, interiorgatordecorator said:

heard the loki s2 finale gives them an opening to get rid of khan if they need to

It really doesn't. In, fact, if they get rid of Kang now then Loki's sacrifice at the end of S2 is made completely pointless.

28 minutes ago, DInky said:

It really doesn't. In, fact, if they get rid of Kang now then Loki's sacrifice at the end of S2 is made completely pointless.

Nah - Loki Season 3 

Spoiler

involves the cast and crew now actually stopping the Kangs before their war since they are now tracking every Kang appearance - making Loki's sacrifice truly worth it.  Whether Loki helps b/c someone takes his place, or he stays on the throne, and this is a spin-off series with Sylvie - either way works and kills the whole Kang line off in the Loki world.

Edited by TwoMisfits
  • Like 2

53 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

People keep saying this: why? He's just a dude that eats planets. He's not super complicated.

Thanos just wanted to fuck Death. They gave him the overpopulation excuse and I still think that a lot of Marvel villains clear him (Loki, Killmonger, Vulture, Wenwu, Namor, High Evolutionary, etc) but the GA loved Thanos. You can find someway to flesh Galactus out. 

Personally, think in another life, the Celestials would be pretty cool villains for a phase had Eternals turned out well.

I really think making Doom an Avengers villain would be a huge misfire, especially since it sounds incredibly likely he's not in the FF movie. It'd be like having Magneto in Spider-Man 4. You could but...is he really the guy who you want Magneto to fight?

Now if you want an FF character to slide into Kangs place...

0121e476faaec41150c47dbd22435f792e4a3e65

Edited by SpiderByte
  • ...wtf 1

They can't just scrap everything they've invested in.

But at the same time I feel like... they should? Nobody, literally nobody cares about what they have set for release soon except for Deadpool 3. D-tier and Disney+ characters no one wants to see, coming out of mediocre shows. The Marvels was supposed to be their heavy hitter to satisfy people while continuing to advance the side characters. Oops. Captain Falcon, if they release it, will be a colossal failure. He has ZERO charisma and will be compared to Chris Evans in the role very, very unfavorably. And I don't even dislike the guy, he's fine. But it's just the sad truth.

What a mess they've wrote themselves into. Willingly. Deliberately. String of poor decisions one after the other. And it can all be traced to when they announced the Disney+ shows.

I guess if there's one positive it's that it will force them to stop this madness they had going, and go back to making good stuff. Or die in obscurity. 

At this point I'm like fuck it guys, bring Scarlet Witch back in Deadpool 3 and have her delete the whole universe.

"No more trash movies" It'd make more sense than what we have at this point :hahaha:

Edited by Daxtreme
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Daxtreme said:

They can't just scrap everything they've invested in.

But at the same time I feel like... they should? Nobody, literally nobody cares about what they have set for release soon except for Deadpool 3. D-tier and Disney+ characters no one wants to see, coming out of mediocre shows. The Marvels was supposed to be their heavy hitter to satisfy people while continuing to advance the side characters. Oops. Captain Falcon, if they release it, will be a colossal failure. He has ZERO charisma and will be compared to Chris Evans in the role very, very unfavorably. And I don't even dislike the guy, he's fine. But it's just the sad truth.

What a mess they've wrote themselves into. Willingly. Deliberately. String of poor decisions one after the other. And it can all be traced to when they announced the Disney+ shows.

I guess if there's one positive it's that it will force them to stop this madness they had going, and go back to making good stuff. Or die in obscurity. 

At this point I'm like fuck it guys, bring Scarlet Witch back in Deadpool 3 and have her delete the whole universe.

"No more trash movies" It'd make more sense than what we have at this point :hahaha:

Iron Heart, Echo, and Falcon America are done.

Its not too late to cancel Wonder Man, Thunderbolts, Blade, and Kang Dynasty, but will they who knows?

They green lighted too many projects too fast cause they thought they were too big to fail, and now kinda have to go through with the execution of their franchise with the D list characters.

Thunderbolts/Cap 4 should be canned or delayed indefinitely to preserve the brand's goodwill. F4 and Spider-Man 4 are the only movies they should release in 2025 (one in Summer, one during the Holiday season).

Only having Deadpool next year is a good decision as it will make it feel more like an event. More pent up demand.

• Like 2