XXRDJisDoctorDoom

The Marvel / MCU Thread || From Blade to Secret Wars, All Things Marvel!

9 minutes ago, TheFlatLannister said:

these tweets keep going viral on Twitter. Disney really needs to take a hint…no one cares about the Young Avengers.  

Only Ms marvel and Kate bishop are good but they are not enough to drive tickets.

America Chavez was an absolute nothing burger in MOM.

Ofcorse wiccan and speed will be aged up actors .

Stature ,skaar ,ironheart,kid Loki  Who gives a hell ......

This will be a show . A movie like this Barring stellar marketing and reception would bomb so hard.

10 minutes ago, Masketta Man said:

First that you don't need to watch a bunch of bad series or movies to get what's happening, also the tone of the project can be closer to things like The Boys or Invincible than the milquetoast MCU drivel.

Yeah, no, Superman Legacy is not going to have the tone of The Boys.

Just now, SpiderByte said:

You know that the story that's likely the basis for the Superman movie deconstruct the edgy antiheroes and reconstruct the classic notion of superheroes, right? For it to work, the Authority must have a different tone than Supes and that should be carried to their own project.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, TheFlatLannister said:

No way a young Avengers film makes $200M WW with that lineup

The only way you could save something like that is if Miles Morales was in it 

I wouldn’t like that. Miles is doing fine on his own/with Peter. Don’t need to sacrifice him to the dumpster fire that is 2023 MCU so they can MCU-ize him.

I imagine they’ll just end up taking the DCEU Legion of Doom Post Credit route.

Just pretend it never happened, or the group will just make cameos here and there in other heroes movies.

I don’t know if they’d do a D+ show. They’d still spend $200M and have nobody watch.

Edited by Valencia
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

Now people are mad and declaring a bomb a hypothetical movie that has never announced, and probably isn't even a movie anyways. Because of course.

Let's be real. The only who's mad here is you. You have hundreds of posts in every Marvel thread playing defense.

• Like 11
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, nevermore said:

Let's be real. The only who's mad here is you. You have hundreds of posts in every Marvel thread playing defense.

Could it be because literally every single Marvel thread has become unending waves of "cancel everything, (insert project name here) is doomed" every ten minutes, maybe?

It's really hard to say I'm the one overreacting when people just spent a page talking about how a hypothetical movie would be doomed.

Edited by SpiderByte
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

Could it be because literally every single Marvel thread has become unending waves of "cancel everything, (insert project name here) is doomed" every ten minutes, maybe?

It's really hard to say I'm the one overreacting when people just spent a page talking about how a hypothetical movie would be doomed.

You're a brave solider for a billion dollar company. I hope they pay you.

• Like 1
  • Heart 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Knock It Off 1

59 minutes ago, John Marston said:

I can see Marvel still believing their own hype and just blaming The Marvels performance on the strikes 

It's unlikely they blame the strikes. Even if they blame the strikes for the poor box office, this would still mean the MCU brand popularity is on the floor.

The lack of cast promotion just means the Marvels box office depended on the MCU brand power and the characters popularity (as FNAF depended on the videogame popularity)

If they want to deny the bad state of MCU brand, it would be better to blame the characters in The Marvels.

Edited by Kon

2 hours ago, Masketta Man said:

It's a movie flawed on a conceptual level, it's like the cinematic equivalent of trying to do an off-road course with a tanker truck full of nitroglycerin, you don't need to see the final result to know it's a bad idea.

Exactly.  It's like filming a 5th Indy with an 80 year old actor as the action lead (and not as a cameo) for a goodbye film, when you already did that 15 years prior.

Some concepts are a fail from a mile away.  

Nut Job Never Again was another one.  That's always been my pet peeve movie for "who greenlighted this after #1?"  (Yes, yes, I know the sequel title isn't that one, but it is now:)...

1 hour ago, YM! said:

I don’t trust any mainstream studio doing active LGBTQ representation in a blockbuster, even an R-rated one. They made Moondragon a kid in Guardians 3 to shy around it.

Society always say queer rights, but never queer wrongs 😞

40 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

The Authority possibly will though lmao

Cap 4's box office can be saved if they do a civil war and make it a pseudo-Avengers film and introduce the new team that way

hell get Spider-man in it, would be easy since he's all in on the secret identity stuff again you don't even need tom to be on set just a stunt durable in a suit, never take off the mask and Tom can voices the lines in a booth

Edited by cooldude97

The reality is, the reason Iron Man, as a franchise and as a character, were so popular was because of Robert Downey Jr. Likewise, it was Chris Evans for Captain America. And now both those actors are gone.

The MCU hasn't built any careers. Chris Hemsworth (EDIT: And Tom Holland) are the closest they've come to it, but even they hasn't been able to break out of working with the Russo Brothers

Edited by MysteryMovieMogul

6 minutes ago, MysteryMovieMogul said:

The reality is, the reason Iron Man, as a franchise and as a character, were so popular was because of Robert Downey Jr. Likewise, it was Chris Evans for Captain America. And now both those actors are gone.

are we ignoring the fact that since taking the role of iron man RDJ career outside of sherlock holmes was complete shit and wasn't until Oppenheimer he has found success outside the tony role that's because it's Christopher noaln film? chris Evans post cap career is also kinda shit