XXR & Friends

The Marvel / MCU Thread || From Blade to Secret Wars, All Things Marvel!

48 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

Considering everyone from the CEO of the company on down says it's going to be rated R I have literally zero idea what on earth you think Disney is going to do

Who's to say they won't come in and demand that the movie be reworked into a PG-13 piece in order to maximize profits after the abysmal year they've had? That movie is their last hope, and the pressure on it to deliver will be insane. I just don't see Reynolds and the rest being given R-rated luxuries anymore, not when Disney has everything to lose now. I'll be pleasantly surprised if they are given an R after all, but for the time being I'm preparing myself for an Expendables 3-style edge softening.

18 minutes ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

Who's to say they won't come in and demand that the movie be reworked into a PG-13 piece in order to maximize profits after the abysmal year they've had?

Do you have literally any evidence whatsoever, in any way, that this is happening? Because literally every single person involved in the production has confirmed, repeatedly, dating back several years, that it's R.

Edited by SpiderByte

44 minutes ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

Who's to say they won't come in and demand that the movie be reworked into a PG-13 piece in order to maximize profits after the abysmal year they've had? That movie is their last hope, and the pressure on it to deliver will be insane. I just don't see Reynolds and the rest being given R-rated luxuries anymore, not when Disney has everything to lose now. I'll be pleasantly surprised if they are given an R after all, but for the time being I'm preparing myself for an Expendables 3-style edge softening.

Imagine telling Ryan Reynolds that he'll need to soften Deadpool after the experiences he's had with Green Lantern and X-Men Origins and how much he's worked to get this particular Deadpool done.

No really, you do the imagining, because I can't.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Arlborn said:

Imagine telling Ryan Reynolds that he'll need to soften Deadpool after the experiences he's had with Green Lantern and X-Men Origins and how much he's worked to get this particular Deadpool done.

No really, you do the imagining, because I can't.

I kind of want to see Disney try, just for the chaos.

4 hours ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

I’m having trouble believing that they’d be dumb enough to do that for a character like Deadpool, or that they’d want to screw over Ryan Reynolds. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SpiderByte said:

I think this may be the first news we've actually had about Zombies since the cast was announced.

I won't be surprised if she is the central character in Secret Wars. Marvel Studios/Disney is desperate to make her popular and create a new spider-man type character. If they want this to happen then it won't be possible with movies like The Marvels which almost nobody want to watch, they would like to put her as central character in Avengers storyline. The character wears Quantum band & it was key weapon against Kang in comics; Rick Jones in comics wear that band to defeat immortus(Kang Future self) & Kang & he was central character in that storyline. Marvel/Feige is heavily pushing this character, from Ms. Marvel to The Marvels to zombies to Young Avengers & next could be Secret Wars, so I can see this happening.

10 hours ago, emoviefan said:

Yep 8 months of they are going to turn this into a wimpy corporate PG-13 movie because the first two were edgy movies from a independent studio like 20th century FOX. People around here are just crack me up. 

The ignoance of the film industry displayed constantly here can be quite amusing.

Like Fox was known for edgy, daring filmmaking.

2 hours ago, Willowra said:

I won't be surprised if she is the central character in Secret Wars. Marvel Studios/Disney is desperate to make her popular and create a new spider-man type character. If they want this to happen then it won't be possible with movies like The Marvels which almost nobody want to watch, they would like to put her as central character in Avengers storyline. The character wears Quantum band & it was key weapon against Kang in comics; Rick Jones in comics wear that band to defeat immortus(Kang Future self) & Kang & he was central character in that storyline. Marvel/Feige is heavily pushing this character, from Ms. Marvel to The Marvels to zombies to Young Avengers & next could be Secret Wars, so I can see this happening.

SOrry, what happened with Marvels I think puts all the main charectrs in that out of the running for the new  Tony Stark sweepstake.

And how often do does it need to be explained that Marvel studios has Never felt oblighed to follow the comics closely when it comes to plot details?

I know you are a Karmela fan, but be realistic.

7 hours ago, WittyUsername said:

I’m having trouble believing that they’d be dumb enough to do that for a character like Deadpool, or that they’d want to screw over Ryan Reynolds. 

I agree, Iger can make miatakes, but he is not a moron.

A lot of people just love to hate  Disney. it's the  New York Yankees /Dallas Cowboys of Studios;people just love to  hate it.

Edited by dudalb

PG Deadpool is literally pointless and would kill a massive amount of hype for it. Again I just feel a lot of people haven’t watched or understand the draw of Deadpool. It’s not a spoof.

RE Ms Marvels as a central character. Disney need to fund these films. Some fans need to accept Disney is not going to be willing to lose hundreds of millions or cut hundreds of millions off their top line.

Edited by Sckathian

1 hour ago, dudalb said:

SOrry, what happened with Marvels I think puts all the main charectrs in that out of the running for the new  Tony Stark sweepstake.

And how often do does it need to be explained that Marvel studios has Never felt oblighed to follow the comics closely when it comes to plot details?

I know you are a Karmela fan, but be realistic.

No I'm not a Kamala fan, she is annoying & one of the reason why The Marvels flopped hard but we can't unsee how desperate Feige/marvel is to push this kid character as new face of MCU. So don't be surprised if what I said actually happens.

I love Kamala and her being the lead in Marvel Zombies makes me actually want to watch it when before I had zero interest. I'm glad she is getting that project but it is sadly mostly over for her after that. The character just isn't clicking with most people. Partly because teen girls are demonized while teen boys aren't and partly because she's a fan girl of a supremely unpopular Superhero. It's a bummer to me but audiences have spoken. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1