XXRDJisDoctorDoom

The Marvel / MCU Thread || From Blade to Secret Wars, All Things Marvel!

53 minutes ago, Porthos said:

I mean, it's "(very) good for animation", so depends on how one wants to look at it.  Will have to wait 'till we see Nielsen data before we can compare/contrast to something like What If?  Plus multiple weeks of data to see retention/growth over the weeks

I do note that the blurb says:

but until we get harder numbers, it'll be hard to compare.  Either way, I'd say yes it is good.  Just have to remember the category it's being judged in.

Has Disney + another exclusive animated show aside from What if?

11 minutes ago, Kon said:

A couple of Star Wars shows.  Pixar has had at least one series.  Various shorts from both Marvel and SW.  Maybe others.

18 minutes ago, Kon said:

5 minutes ago, Porthos said:

A couple of Star Wars shows.  Pixar has had at least one series.  Various shorts from both Marvel and SW.  Maybe others.

From Wikipedia:

Animation[edit]

Title Genre Premiere Seasons Runtime Status
Star Wars: The Bad Batch Space opera May 4, 2021 3 seasons, 47 episodes 24–76 min Final season ongoing
Monsters at Work Fantasy comedy July 7, 2021 1 season, 10 episodes[d] 27–30 min Season 2 due to premiere on May 5, 2024[27][28][29]
Chip 'n' Dale: Park Life Comedy July 28, 2021 2 seasons, 25 episodes 23 min Pending
What If...? Superhero anthology August 11, 2021 2 seasons, 18 episodes 29–38 min Renewed[30]
The Proud Family: Louder and Prouder Comedy February 23, 2022 2 seasons, 20 episodes 25–32 min Renewed[31]
Star Wars: Young Jedi Adventures Space opera May 4, 2023 1 season, 25 episodes 26–27 min Pending
Iwájú Science fiction drama February 28, 2024 6 episodes 20–26 min Miniseries
X-Men '97 Superhero drama March 20, 2024 1 season, 10 episodes 32–33 min Season 1 ongoing
Renewed[32]

Continuations[edit]

These shows have been picked up by Disney+ for additional seasons after having aired previous seasons on another network.

Title Genre Prev. network(s) Premiere Seasons Runtime Status

Star Wars: The Clone Wars (season 7) Animated space opera
February 21, 2020 1 season, 12 episodes 22–31 min Ended

Not included are various shorts like Star Wars: Visions and I am Groot and whatnot.

Edited by Porthos

Anitmated shows have one advantage;They are cheaper to do now days then live action shows; you can get away with spending a lot less on TV animation then you can on theater movie animation.

4 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

Daredevil Born Again was part of the Disney+ 2024 sizzle reel, meaning it may be planned for the end of the year. That'd make 3 shows in one year Charlie Cox will appear as Daredevil in.

SInce I love his Daredevil, good news.

At the Spiderman NWH showing I attending, his Matt Murdoch cameo got  almost as much applause and cheering as the Mcguire/Garfield cameos.

Cool they're doing the corrupt cops as Punisher thing but iirc wasn't Cole North a clean cop and two, feels toothless to have the main cop be black so as not to get conservative ire and makes me think they take a centrist route for the subject matter.

Edited by YM!
  • Astonished 1

Production Weeklys history on this is...not consistent this far out, but they're claiming the X-Men reboot is scheduled to shoot in late 2025. Also Armor Wars in 2025, Shang-Chi 2 in March 2025, and Vision Quest filming this year.

IF this is accurate (and with PWs history with stuff this far out, that's a not small if) that'd indicate what a lot of people have guessed which is that the Avengers movies get bumped a year each.

Edited by SpiderByte
  • Astonished 1

7 hours ago, SpiderByte said:

Production Weeklys history on this is...not consistent this far out, but they're claiming the X-Men reboot is scheduled to shoot in late 2025. Also Armor Wars in 2025, Shang-Chi 2 in March 2025, and Vision Quest filming this year.

IF this is accurate (and with PWs history with stuff this far out, that's a not small if) that'd indicate what a lot of people have guessed which is that the Avengers movies get bumped a year each.

So will all of this come out before or after Avengers 5?

8 hours ago, SpiderByte said:

Good. A near decade between Avengers movies would pent up demand. My only hope is that these movies actually lead into Avengers and make the MCU feel like an actual interconnected universe, rather than a haphazard mish-mash of unrelated plotlines like it does right now.

42 minutes ago, MightyDargon said:

X-Men 97 seems more anticipated and better received than most of the actual MCU stuff was.

X-Men 97 seems to be better received, but I don't feel it has a lot of attention from the audience.

Maybe it's because many animated shows don't receive so much attention on streaming.

Edited by Kon