XXR vs XXR

The Marvel / MCU Thread || From Blade to Secret Wars, All Things Marvel!

4 hours ago, SpiderByte said:

I think Disney learned it's lesson on trying to release Star Wars in less than a 12 month apart span with Solo.

That they should be able to promote more than one Major IP at a time?  I sure as hell hope so!

(NOTE:  Solo did NOT fail because it came so soon after TLJ)

((Yes, not the thread, but been feeling like I need to push back against this so-called wisdom much more than I have been))

• Like 1

Might be completely off on this but maybe they just thought marvel does well it enough that it never was needed. Also with avatar and Star Wars. But like in the current climate a movie like Thunderbolts would have benefited so much by it

December won't be that great a slot if other studios get it into their head they can counterprogram lesser Marvel releases. Stuff like Deadpool is still formidable but if I was another studio, I would not move my release because Thunderbolts got a Christmas release.

So, out of nowhere a big Daredevil bombshell just surfaced. I'll hide it with the spoiler tag just in case:

Spoiler

Ayelet Zurer, the original actress for Wilson Fisk's lover Vanessa, has seemingly been added back into the series with the rework. During the original version's making, she was not available, thus the choice to recast with Sandrine Holt. One way or the other, Zurer is evidently now available, so here we are.

I have to admit, Marvel's sheer commitment to course correcting here is impressive. While most of the footage from the original version being kept is keeping my optimism tempered, said optimism is very much alive. I just hope the final series isn't a Frankensteinian abomination outside of the new Benson and Moorhead+Scardapane wraparound episodes at this point.

18 minutes ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

So, out of nowhere a big Daredevil bombshell just surfaced. I'll hide it with the spoiler tag just in case:

Reveal hidden contents

Where is this "most of the original footage being kept" info coming from?  From what I'm reading, the trades are saying they are unsure how much is being kept at all...  

4 minutes ago, Macleod said:

Where is this "most of the original footage being kept" info coming from?  From what I'm reading, the trades are saying they are unsure how much is being kept at all...  

It sounds like the basic plot is the same (Fisk running for Mayor, etc), so they're keeping some stuff but not everything. They wrapped filming now, but started in January, so they didn't scrap all the footage but are retooling it. The biggest difference seems to be A: the return of more of the original cast (since it was originally just Matt Fisk and Frank returning) and B: adding more serialized elements whereas the previous one was more episodic. They completely reshot the first episode, parts of the episodes already filmed, and completely redid the final two episodes (which they hadn't gotten around to begin filming in the first round of shooting)

6 hours ago, Macleod said:

I'm pretty sure it's all a game of telephone coming from the initial report. https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv/tv-news/daredevil-marvel-disney-1235614518/

Marvel plans to keep some scenes and episodes, though other serialized elements will be injected, with Corman and Ord becoming executive producers on the two-season series.

This (alongside a followup report or two) was read as pushing back against some of the more maximalist charges about what was being killed in the daredevil tv show. Even if it's not this line specifically, this idea emerged in late 2023 and has hung around.

On 4/6/2024 at 11:59 PM, SpiderByte said:

No Way Home was December. But with Star Wars and now Avatar it just wasnt worth it to schedule it so close together. One might take it now that Mando is in May

Yes thank to Sony not Disney :( 

2 hours ago, SpiderByte said:

Some advice this board should hear frankly 

I don't know, the increasingly sloppy output of his studio these past couple of years isn't helping him at all. Betting against him isn't too unreasonable right now. But he could regain the lost trust over the rest of the decade if he makes the right decisions, so we'll see.

As for Robert, this pretty much guarantees that Marvel will at least try to get him back for Secret Wars. Maybe we can get that Superior Iron Man appearance that was widely rumoured for Strange 2 back in the day..

2 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

Hollywood is never moving past the nostalgia pandering phase, is it? 

Sadly, nope.