XXRDJisDoctorDoom

The Marvel / MCU Thread || From Blade to Secret Wars, All Things Marvel!

24 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

Its sounding like Kang is still involved but he's, at least, no longer the sole villain.

Hell, they hinted at that in the last scene of Ant Man 3.

41 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

It's also been 5 years since an actual proper X-Men title, and first under Marvel Studios.

I am sure that an X Men moive has been moved up on the schudule given what happened at the Marvel box office last year.

16 minutes ago, AMC Theaters Enjoyer said:

That production listing has to be an error, I don’t see a new X-Men movie happening until after Secret Wars.

WHo knows? I could see them putting a X Men film on the front burner, given what happened at the MCU's box office last year. THey might feeel the need to roll out the biggest new weapon the have.

And it is not like they could not be making the two films at the same time.....

16 hours ago, AMC Theaters Enjoyer said:

That production listing has to be an error, I don’t see a new X-Men movie happening until after Secret Wars.

True

First the Avengers movie and then the Xmen

the Avengers are much stronger franchise 

13 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

Mandalorian and Grogu is now May 2026, which means very likely Avengers 5 is moving off that month. It could maybe be late 2026 but it seems more likely it gets bumped to 2027.

Most likely.  This is what I have for the upcoming MCU slate...

July 24 - Deadpool & Wolverine 

May 25 - CA4  

July 25 - Thunderbolts 

Nov 25 - Fantastic 4 

Feb 26 - Blade  

May 26 - Spider-Man 4 

July 26 - Shang Chi 2 

Nov 26 - Armor Wars

Feb 27 - ??

May 27 - Avengers 5

16 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

Mandalorian and Grogu is now May 2026, which means very likely Avengers 5 is moving off that month. It could maybe be late 2026 but it seems more likely it gets bumped to 2027.

The December 2026 date that Disney currently has pinned to another Star Wars movie would be an interesting choice for Avengers. I have my doubts that after this long drought that Disney successfully gets two Star Wars films out in the same year.

Just now, ZeroHour said:

The December 2026 date that Disney currently has pinned to another Star Wars movie would be an interesting choice for Avengers. I have my doubts that after this long drought that Disney successfully gets two Star Wars films out in the same year.

I think Disney learned it's lesson on trying to release Star Wars in less than a 12 month apart span with Solo.

2 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

I think Disney learned it's lesson on trying to release Star Wars in less than a 12 month apart span with Solo.

I agree. It would definitely be a wild strategy for them to repeat again at a time when Star Wars needs to reestablish itself in theaters.

42 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

It’s set to open on Memorial Day. That doesn’t mean Avengers will get delayed. Disney typically likes to schedule a Marvel movie for the first weekend of May, and another big event movie over Memorial Day weekend. 

Edit: For the record, I wouldn’t be surprised if Avengers 5 moves out of 2026, but if it does, then another Marvel movie will likely take its place. 

Edited by WittyUsername

18 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

It’s set to open on Memorial Day. That doesn’t mean Avengers will get delayed. Disney typically likes to schedule a Marvel movie for the first weekend of May, and another big event movie over Memorial Day weekend. 

Edit: For the record, I wouldn’t be surprised if Avengers 5 moves out of 2026, but if it does, then another Marvel movie will likely take its place. 

Ehh maybe but I feel this is different than, say, Aladdin opening in the wake of Endgame. This is the first Star Wars movie in what will be 7 years. Someone is gonna eat somebody else's lunch here.

I don’t expect Avengers to make its current date but that’s more because I doubt it’ll be ready in time (unless Feige is gonna direct the next two movies himself). Most likely Disney will just put another Marvel film there, maybe Shang-Chi 2 if that’s filming next year like rumored.

I think Marvel will space out it movie releases more then they have in the past. I think one reason people got burned out was the film werejust released too close together.

1 hour ago, AMC Theaters Enjoyer said:

I don’t expect Avengers to make its current date but that’s more because I doubt it’ll be ready in time (unless Feige is gonna direct the next two movies himself). Most likely Disney will just put another Marvel film there, maybe Shang-Chi 2 if that’s filming next year like rumored.

There's also absolutely gonna be a slate wide delay to accomodate Spider-Man, whenever Sony finally announces it.

Avengers definitely gets delayed. Asking people to show up show up for two different geeky franchises in the same month during a time when people see less than half a dozen films in theaters per year just seems like an unnecessary risk. Avengers also has more to lose (in terms of potential for the franchise) than a Mandolorian film.

I also don’t really see Spider-Man taking its place, but it’s possible.

They should just delay the Avengers movie until they are really ready to make it and everything is clear with the story. To valuable of franchise to "throw away" with a hot mess, also makes sense if they´re spacing out more projects.  A christmas release for an Avengers movie would print insane amounts of money but I think they will have it in May as always just maybe more likely in 2027. 

2 hours ago, dudalb said:

I think Marvel will space out it movie releases more then they have in the past. I think one reason people got burned out was the film werejust released too close together.

100%. Many fans including me were excited about the constant stream of projects in the beginning but in hindsight it was obvious that it would be too much especially for general audiences. Many of my friends have said it themselves that they just couldn´t keep up. Also didn´t help that the quality on many of the projects have been pretty bad in eyes of most which also was inevitable when they get spread thin. I hope they go forward with two movies a year, and two shows but let someone else focus on the shows and Feige can focus on the movies. If I recall correct Feige has completely handed off the animation division to someone else and I hope he does the same with live action shows.