XXR & Friends

The Marvel / MCU Thread || From Blade to Secret Wars, All Things Marvel!

10 hours ago, Jonwo said:

I would point out that all franchises go through this period of downturn. It happened to Star Trek, it happened to Batman and it happened to Doctor Who so Marvel Studios' downturn isn't unusual. The dumbest thing to do would be to fire everyone, cancel everything or close down Marvel Studios, the correct thing to do which is likely happening now is reevaluate and make changes.

I don't think anyone doesn't think Marvel can have an up curve out of a trough.

The issue is how they do that whilst continuing with the MCU in its current form. Doctor Who just regenerates, Star Trek did this too as did Batman.

How do you reboot a universe whilst maintaining the universe?

• Like 1

On 11/10/2023 at 12:04 AM, Bob Train said:

Avatar 3 will be delayed, Spider-Man 4 takes December spot, Thunderbolts gets canned.

Them's the rules.

Spider-Man 4 is not getting the December 2025 slot. But it'll still go to a Spider-Man movie though ;)

Or maybe, they can put a certain other legacy sequel on that date so TFA's domestic crown can be topped exactly 10 years later

Edited by HummingLemon496

• Community Manager
17 hours ago, Sckathian said:

The issue is how they do that whilst continuing with the MCU in its current form. Doctor Who just regenerates, Star Trek did this too as did Batman.

How do you reboot a universe whilst maintaining the universe?

Try to set up a Ultimate Marvel Cinematic Universe :lol:

18 hours ago, Sckathian said:

I'm sorry, have you read some of the hyperbolic posts made this weekend? Seems to me there are quite a few people that think Marvel is DOOMED FOREVER!!!!

• Haha 1

Unless like Deadpool and F4 are gigabombs and the Avengers movies underperform, they’ll soft reboot the MCU after SW (prolly a new Iron Man and T’Challa, and SteveCap back) which I’m pretty sure was always the plan. 

Do think the next whatever the results are, they’ll hard pivot to X-Men and F4 as the faces with Avengers stuff being a backseat player. I also think they’ll likely just have maybe 1-2 MCU shows in general and if they continue to pump out more they’ll be disconnected and one or two movies a year after SW.

Yeah not expecting Eternals 2 to get out of early development but can see threads being folded into a Thor sequel.

Think Young Avengers will get a part in Kang Dynasty and that’s about it.

Edited by YM!
  • Like 1