XXRDJisDoctorDoom

The Marvel / MCU Thread || From Blade to Secret Wars, All Things Marvel!

Has Thunderbolts and Blade even started filming? Hollywood films are not completlely safe from cancelation if they haven't started filming. I know that's 99% unlikely, but not impossible Marvel could scrap both films or at least keep delaying them while they come up with a new plan.

Edited by Mojoguy

Tbh think they can keep most of their films for now and just tough it out until Secret Wars but I think any movie or TV show not in production can get canned. If Echo which seems to got people 180-ing and Deadpool being nostalgia bait works, and a big Comic-Con presence might help bring back fan good will but they need to drastically cut back the amount of projects and just try to get to SW asap.

I think the schedule for 2025 should be F4 as the kicker, followed by SM5, then Cap 4 for end of the year as I do think it’s obvious that is being set up a psuedo-Avengers/Hulk sequel (think that has much more benefits than most of the non sequel or F4 stuff they got right now even with the messy production which they never should’ve started filming in a middle of a Writers strike). 

Whether we like it or not, seems they really want to do Blade and Thunderbolts. Think both should be after SW but if they got to, there’s way around it.

So make Blade a separate universe flick and the lower budget can help breakeven, make a Marvel’s Elseworlds joint and just be Ali killing vampires. Put it under the Spotlight label and have a post credit scene with Blade being yanked by the TVA.

Thunderbolts seems to be conceptually being reworked but tbh, do it after SW if they can. If they got to go full steam ahead, let it be 2026 but for the love of god, add villains that are cool or visually interesting (Hammer, Mordo, Mysterio, Vulture, maybe Namor, Abomination) and go from there.

Edited by YM!

1 hour ago, YM! said:

So make Blade a separate universe flick and the lower budget can help breakeven,

I mean it's set in the 1920s. I don't really think setting it in a different universe really affects anything at all.

I like the decision Marvels made to try new things with release schedules. Echos all at once, What If is daily, makes sense to try to help out shows that aren't a guaranteed big debut like Loki for instance.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

Well, at least we know Wonder Man's still happening, and it's under Spotlight, but this is a point in favor of the Kang shakeup rumors. It sounds amicable though, more like Watts leaving FF than say Wright leaving Ant-Man 

Kang Dynasty will not be made. They will do 2 parts of SW, like IW/EG

6 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

Why? He's not even the oldest Marvel leading man.

But he's the oldest 1st cast and not-planned-CGI Marvel leading man.  Who did they cast for a 1st-time appearance older (who was not gonna be fully body and head CGI'd as the hero?)

Edited by TwoMisfits

4 hours ago, Mojoguy said:

Has Thunderbolts and Blade even started filming? Hollywood films are not completlely safe from cancelation if they haven't started filming. I know that's 99% unlikely, but not impossible Marvel could scrap both films or at least keep delaying them while they come up with a new plan.

Neither of them started shooting.

The plan Marvel has or had ? with Blade sounds plain awful. Why cast a 50 plus dude with 0 experience in martial arts, I know he is a great actor but its not going to work. 

Thunderbolts is a movie nobody asked for.

Edited by Belakor

39 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

Pedro Pacal seems like an odd choice for Reed.

Casting an incredibly popular actor among your target audience as one of your main characters doesn’t seem that odd to me. Yeah he’s a bit older than most fan casts, but I’m sure they could make it work, perhaps even lean on it a bit.

3 hours ago, SpiderByte said:

I mean it's set in the 1920s. I don't really think setting it in a different universe really affects anything at all.

I like the decision Marvels made to try new things with release schedules. Echos all at once, What If is daily, makes sense to try to help out shows that aren't a guaranteed big debut like Loki for instance.

I feel a lot of people are missing the fact that Blade is supposed to be happening a hundred years ago and therefore should have little to no impact on the rest of the MCU.  At least the first movie anyway, the second will probably be in the present if it ever gets made.

I think it’s an interesting decision.