Cap

THE UNMARVELOUS WEEKEND THREAD | FEATURING MELTDOWNS, ARMCHAIR ANALYSIS, AND SEXISM

9 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

Black Adam was a flop with so-so word of mouth. Stop this lie that it was a hit and that we need to apologize to the Rock. It's not our fault that Black Adam had a bloated budget. It's the Rock's fault. 

Black Adam would have made Shazam 2 numbers without The Rock. It would have made close to Ant Man 3 numbers with a China release which was hyped due to the Kang/Multiverse stuff. The Rock is clearly a draw

• Like 1

1 minute ago, John Marston said:

Black Adam would have made Shazam 2 numbers without The Rock. It would have made close to Ant Man 3 numbers with a China release which was hyped due to the Kang/Multiverse stuff. The Rock is clearly a draw

Where did I say that The Rock isn't a draw? The Rock is a draw and Black Adam still wasn't a hit because of its bloated budget. Both things are true. 

2 hours ago, TMP said:

WW????

Domestic, which is what M37 was saying.

If the China drop isn't too terrible, then 500+ WW would also be doable off a 200 Dom.

But I dunno...my head says this will drop a lot even with Christmas but my gut counters that, saying it won't be more than a 50% drop from the first... 🤷

Edited by reddevil19

1 hour ago, Issac Newton said:

Why couldn't this movie have been the one with the OW contest:).  My number 2 (or is it now 3) weeks ago comparing it to Eternals presales and eventual OW would have been spot on...

See, I tell my kids I have zero luck - I lose every bingo game, contest, and raffle...so this seems par for my course:)...

1 minute ago, Johnny Tran said:

I took longer than most here apparently..  I only recently stopped caring.  The double whammy of Ant-Man 3 and Secret Invasion put me in a bad place towards the MCU.  Thor: Love & Thunder didn't help either.  She-Hulk was mostly a miss for me too. 

Thor has always been my favorite, and what Taika did to that character is unforgivable. It just killed most of the enthusiasm I had for the MCU. That character needs to be a badass powerhouse, but no, let's make him a depressed, self loathing goof instead.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

61% of the audience was men and people on Twitter are blaming men, why? Please don't respond to my post with anything misogynistic. I'm a Lefty. I'm really just trying to get into the mindset that blames men when it was women who didn't show up.

It is an attempt to deflect attention and blame. It's easier to defend yourself by blaming sexism than to acknowledge that the film failed to attract a female audience.

Something similar happened with Charlie's Angels movie, where I think the director blamed blamed men for not seeing the movie (even though it was previously said that the movie was not for men).

Don't get me wrong, there has been sexism in part of the hate these movies receive. However, blaming sexism for a failure instead of films' inability to appeal to women seems a convenient excuse.

Edited by Kon
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, keysersoze123 said:

Look at the cope. 

the main cope I see is the actors strike. Ignoring that it bombed everywhere so Brie appearing on some shitty comedian like Jimmy Kimmel's show wouldn't make a difference there and FNAF just opened two weeks ago without actor promotion and on Peacock at the same time and destroyed this

Edited by John Marston
  • Heart 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, reddevil19 said:

Domestic, which is what M37 was saying.

If the China drop isn't too terrible, then 500+ WW would also be doable off a 200 Dom.

But I dunno...my head says this will drop a lot even with Christmas but my gut counters that, saying it won't be more than a 50% drop from the first... 🤷

All this time the scooper bros told us aquaman 2 would be the biggest bomb ever, only for the Marvels to take the throne a month before. Asleep on the wheel i suppose.