Eric Duncan

The Marvels (2023)

The Marvels (2023)  

27 members have voted

1. 1. What'd You Think?

17 minutes ago, Willowra said:

@fede75 Carol returned to earth & she is an Avenger & at the end of the movie she said she'll stay on earth up until Monica comes back; so she'll be in next Avengers movie.

Carol was also in earth at the beggining of Endgame but left until the end of the movie. So could be just an extended cameo. But Monica has powers really usefull for the incursions problem so Strange might want to reclut her most probably. And speaking about the postcredit, Beast was a classic Avenger in the comics, so Strange travelling to that universe and recruiting both Monica and Beast for Kang Dinasty( or Secret Wars) would be a comic accurate recruitement 

5 minutes ago, fede75 said:

Carol was also in earth at the beggining of Endgame but left until the end of the movie. So could be just an extended cameo. But Monica has powers really usefull for the incursions problem so Strange might want to reclut her most probably. And speaking about the postcredit, Beast was a classic Avenger in the comics, so Strange travelling to that universe and recruiting both Monica and Beast for Kang Dinasty( or Secret Wars) would be a comic accurate recruitement 

She says at the end of the movie that she'll stay on earth up until Monica comes back & Monica is not coming back before Secret Wars. So she'll in Kang Dynasty & will meet Monica during events of Secret Wars which would involve Fox X2 universe & incursion.

Edited by Willowra
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, Willowra said:

She says at the end of the movie that she'll stay on earth up until Monica comes back & Monica is not coming back before Secret Wars. So she'll in Kang Dynasty & will meet Monica during events of Secret Wars which would involve Fox X2 universe & incursion.

ah, i think strange will recruite monica in Kang dinasty

It was one big eh of a movie. Some fun stuff but  There was such  wasted potential here   This has to  be one of the most obvious hacked up in the editing  room movies I have ever seen. I mean I don't how many times I was just like how did they get from that scene to that scene.  Yeah the MCU needs a break to get it's shit together.  Only having DP 3 next year is the right move  Assuming it is a Deadpool and Wolverine movie as promised and it does not  become Deadpool in the MCU.   

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The GOAT said:

That Bollywood Dance Number was so out of place, like it was teleported in from a different movie. Don't know if that planet was destroyed or not.

That was the problem. My god there was so much left on the editing floor 

Edited by emoviefan

This was pretty good, better than the first and probably mid tier MCU. My two biggest complains about the movie are its runtime and the villain. The movie feels like it needed 20-25 min extra to explain some certain things, it jumps right into the point and from there it doesn't stop until the end in which then the emotional moments don't pay off as much as they should have. I think more backstory on how Carol destroyed the Kree IA, the villain story and probably more time with the main trio getting to know each other would have been appreciated. My other complain was the villain, she's kinda just there and just serves her purpose of movie´s bad guy. I feel like her villain origin story could have been explained and expanded much better and would have resonated more with the audience. She doesn't have a bad origin for a villain and her motives make sense, she is just not given any time in the movie aside from action sequences. 

I don't feel like ranking every MCU movie right now lol but from this year alone this was much much much better than Quantumania, which to me is lowest MCU (together with Dark World), and worse than Guardians 3, which was just fantastic. 

6 hours ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

i never seen a franchise hit a high note one night and the next day hit rock bottom in quality

If I’m Iger, I would blacklist the director, writers, editor, producers ex Feige, sound mixing, and put Kevin in house arrest. For quality control purpose ofc 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SpiderByte said:

I think this is not nearly as bad as the awful discourse surrounding it. I actually think it's much better than the first, which is okay but a bit boring, vs this which is messy but the really really fun kind of messy.

it's an infinitely more rewatchable movie than the first one and I say that as someone who likes Captain Marvel.

4 hours ago, SpiderByte said:

I think this is not nearly as bad as the awful discourse surrounding it. I actually think it's much better than the first, which is okay but a bit boring, vs this which is messy but the really really fun kind of messy.

Wish I could agree with you on this movie. Really wanted to Iike it but man the editing of this movie was terrible.I thought the first movie was much better.  I  have been with you on  the awful discourse  though around this as I have pointed out before. There should be no place for that stuff. 

So when the movie started I was asking myself how were the kree breathing on that moon like planet but i hand waved it off but then they burst through the glass on that ship thing and monica and then carol both flew through the open window but Kamala was still there breathing and I thought maybe I'm wrong, maybe theres something I missed and then they showed Carol fly back into the ship through basically a open window from space and Kamala was still there somehow breathing. They weren't on a planet right, that was a ship, yes? Somebody make it make sense please.

Edited by eddyxx

30 minutes ago, eddyxx said:

So when the movie started I was asking myself how were the kree breathing on that moon like planet but i hand waved it off but then they burst through the glass on that ship thing and monica and then carol both flew through the open window but Kamala was still there breathing and I thought maybe I'm wrong, maybe theres something I missed and then they showed Carol fly back into the ship through basically a open window from space and Kamala was still there somehow breathing. They weren't on a planet right, that was a ship, yes? Somebody make it make sense please.

It does not make sense. The editing is terrible. I am surprised some people are being so forgiving of it.

Entertaining despite several obvious and glaring issues and definitely being cut up in the editing room.

If that was the villain plot and motivation they were going to go with then it would have made far more sense to bring Jude Law back in that role.

• Like 1