Borobudur

Thanksgiving 5-days Weekend thread | BOSS: 42.2m, Napoleon: 32.75m, Wish: 31.6m, Trolls: 25.6m, Thanksgiving: 10.9m

Just now, ringedmortality said:

He's probably a kid in high school. That's what I always assumed when he was on r/boxoffice all day.

I joined this site when I was 13, so it’s always so surreal for me to see people taking this stuff so seriously before I remember I was like that at one point too haha

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, John Marston said:

What are some potential hit movies if they get greenlit? Some examples I think off the top of my head 

-Halo movie - popular video game that could easily make for an epic movie. There was a TV show but loads of people knew it was going to be shit so they passed 

-Friends movie - Matthew Perry passing throws a wrench In this but if they bring back the other actors I still think Simpsons movie numbers at minimum. This is still one of the most streamed shows

- Hello Kitty - done in the same vein as Barbie should be a hit with the female audience 

Halo has kind of died completely in the gaming community as one of the “big” ones. Has lost most of its relevancy over the past decade, ever since Bungie moved on really. Show was a further blow to it. Also worth noting even at its peak in the 00s, Halo sales were a mere fraction of the likes of biggest Mario/Zelda games or even something like The Last of Us games. It never caught on big in a lot of markets outside of the US. 

Hello Kitty… idk, not sure what you do with that to make a Barbie type of interesting premise? How well known even is it in the west under 35? Sailor Moon live action might be the much better route here tbh. Female anime fans go crazy for it, even today. 

Edited by MovieMan89
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, John Marston said:

What are some potential hit movies if they get greenlit? Some examples I think off the top of my head 

-Halo movie - popular video game that could easily make for an epic movie. There was a TV show but loads of people knew it was going to be shit so they passed 

-Friends movie - Matthew Perry passing throws a wrench In this but if they bring back the other actors I still think Simpsons movie numbers at minimum. This is still one of the most streamed shows

- Hello Kitty - done in the same vein as Barbie should be a hit with the female audience 

Agree Hello Kitty would do gangbusters. I feel like a faithful Dragon Ball Z adaptation could do a billy. Live action anime in general feels untapped 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, jeffthehat said:

Agree Hello Kitty would do gangbusters. I feel like a faithful Dragon Ball Z adaptation could do a billy. Live action anime in general feels untapped 

One Piece season 1 has now proven it can indeed work, so the floodgates should be opening tbh… 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, TMP said:

I joined this site when I was 13, so it’s always so surreal for me to see people taking this stuff so seriously before I remember I was like that at one point too haha

Yeah, I was just like him. Well, my autism caused me alot of issues here too. 

If any teen with autism is reading this, please don't get hurt if others here mock you. The better times here will outweigh those moments. 😀

52 minutes ago, CaptainJackSparrow said:

I forget, what did we learn from the documentary series? I remember there was discussion over that. I also remember being very disappointed with Frozen 2, considering the first is one of my favorite movies. 

They didn’t nail down the story until VERY late in the process. The biggest part of that is they couldn’t decide what the voice calling to Elsa was despite having built the whole story around it. The Lopezes had to rewrite the final Elsa song many times because Lee couldn’t make up her mind. That’s probably why that part of the movie especially is pretty sloppy. There’s other stuff but that was the biggest one. It was shockingly honest for a Disney produced doc. 

• Thanks 1

In regards to Ridley Scott:

As somebody who loved Prometheus, I'll never forgive Scott for Alien Covenant. I really wish we could have seen Shaw finding her answers about the Engineers. I can only hope Disney revives her for one last time in a future Alien movie. 

But retcon the David creating xenomorphs bit, please. 

I'm really hoping Gladiator 2 ends up good.

Hearing people call Napolean a black comedy makes me pessimistic.

9 minutes ago, ZeroHour said:

They didn’t nail down the story until VERY late in the process. The biggest part of that is they couldn’t decide what the voice calling to Elsa was despite having built the whole story around it. The Lopezes had to rewrite the final Elsa song many times because Lee couldn’t make up her mind. That’s probably why that part of the movie especially is pretty sloppy. There’s other stuff but that was the biggest one. It was shockingly honest for a Disney produced doc. 

I remember loving the trailer for Frozen 2. You'd think it was going to be like a fantasy epic. Instead we got a bunch of what, and the very white lead characters are part native or something?

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, John Marston said:

Any one of Rockstar Games  

Fortnite movie

DC vs Marvel

A Game of Thrones movie based on the finished GRRM books 

Live action Miles Morales movie

Call of Duty 

28 minutes ago, CaptainJackSparrow said:

In regards to Ridley Scott:

As somebody who loved Prometheus, I'll never forgive Scott for Alien Covenant. I really wish we could have seen Shaw finding her answers about the Engineers. I can only hope Disney revives her for one last time in a future Alien movie. 

This. But both projects Disney is making sound even worse than Covenant. Being Alien fan is a constant punishment.

36 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

One Piece season 1 has now proven it can indeed work, so the floodgates should be opening tbh… 

OP is so far lightning in a bottle. Anime live-action adaption have sucked hard for decades, im not very optimistic that this has changed just because that one show worked so well.

2 hours ago, JustLurking said:

Mario2 will almost certainly decline both DOM and WW.

I tend to agree. Feels much more akin to SLOP than Despicable Me/Frozen to me, a one-off at the right time rather than the start of a huge franchise 

1 hour ago, AMC Theaters Enjoyer said:

A GTA movie was attempted in the early 2000s with Tony Scott directing and Eminem starring. But the brothers who founded Rockstar turned down the offer for the rights so the project died pretty quickly. 

I wouldn't hold my breath about any of Rockstars games getting a movie anytime soon.Since GTAO became a neverending money printing machine, they simply make way too much money to care about trying anything else. I'm not even sure they 'll even make a third Red Dead despite the last one have already sold over 50M copies.

3 hours ago, TMP said:

Whenever I get frustrated with another person here, I try to remember they may actually be 12. 

• Like 1