Borobudur

Thanksgiving 5-days Weekend thread | BOSS: 42.2m, Napoleon: 32.75m, Wish: 31.6m, Trolls: 25.6m, Thanksgiving: 10.9m

People wildly lowballed Napoleon and then moved the goalpost when they were wrong. And I thought I was the negative one. Obviously it'll be more frontloaded than optimal but it's about to have an opening day equivalent to Knives Out. It's a totally normal good number for the live action Thanksgiving opener. Wish.....yeah, that's kind of another story. The Disney animated Thanksgiving opener used to do 70m+, and that is far from happening nowadays.

• Like 18

16 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

People wildly lowballed Napoleon and then moved the goalpost when they were wrong. And I thought I was the negative one. Obviously it'll be more frontloaded than optimal but it's about to have an opening day equivalent to Knives Out. It's a totally normal good number for the live action Thanksgiving opener. Wish.....yeah, that's kind of another story. The Disney animated Thanksgiving opener used to do 70m+, and that is far from happening nowadays.

I think we should see how it does over 5 days first before “wildly lowball” gets thrown around. Like yeah I was predicting 50 or so DOM, but will it even hit 75? Still pretty early. My only point was that these numbers are all around terrible if we’re talking about the top of the thanksgiving box office. Look at any other year. 

9 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

I think we should see how it does over 5 days first before “wildly lowball” gets thrown around. Like yeah I was predicting 50 or so DOM, but will it even hit 75? Still pretty early. My only point was that these numbers are all around terrible if we’re talking about the top of the thanksgiving box office. Look at any other year. 

Hey you don't got to convince me. I've been saying the box office is in the fucking toilet for years and getting scorned for it each week. But like 2/3rds of the board was treating Napoleon like it was going to do Last Duel numbers as of a week ago and now all of a sudden 75m would be a failure (which is what I was predicting all along). 

Edited by Cmasterclay
  • Like 1

whats the ceiling for the 3-day and 5-day off a sub 1.7 million Wednesday? talking about the marvelous the marvels 

Edited by interiorgatordecorator

6 hours ago, CoolioD1 said:

Napoleon was the single 2023 movie that my dad was excited about (i think i'm seeing it with him next week). there always seems to only be one per year these days, last year it was top gun, i already know it's Gladiator 2 for next year.

Horizon part 1 and 2

1 hour ago, TheFlatLannister said:

I think 2024 could be pretty solid. Mufasa, Inside out 2, Despicable me 4, Deadpool, Joker 2 could all be $1B films 

Gladiator 2 could have a mini Barbie run 

Kung Fu Panda could be a $700M+ film

Garfield could breakout and be a mini Mario

The only films that screams flop to me are Kraven, Madame Web, and Ghostbusters 

Mufasa is going to bomb horribly. Marvels 2.0.

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, PrinceRico said:

Napoleon has a very low audience score so not expected legs to be good

Yeah, I feel like mixed WOM is gonna hit it pretty soon, while I feel almost the opposite for Wish; Less rush because of meh reviews, but WOM is going to be good enough to give it some legs.

Let's see how wrong I am.

• Like 1
  • Disbelief 1