Borobudur

Thanksgiving 5-days Weekend thread | BOSS: 42.2m, Napoleon: 32.75m, Wish: 31.6m, Trolls: 25.6m, Thanksgiving: 10.9m

4 minutes ago, Taylor89 said:

So people can't be happy about decent openings for movies? lol. 

Not what I said. Just seems like a lot of excitement for what is in reality a crazy low number for the leading Thanksgiving movie. That we also don’t know if WOM might totally sink. We’re not getting a 150 DOM grosser for all of November, which is just absurd. I don’t think we should be losing sight about how bad this is since if it became the new norm, box office is actually dying. Thanks to Hollywood making mediocre unappealing crap. And I’m not convinced they realize that either enough to fix the problem 

Edited by MovieMan89
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, MovieMan89 said:

Y’all we’re getting truly desperate if we’re treating 3m like a blockbuster number for hype. RIP box office 

We're talking about a nearly 3 hour adult drama's Tuesday preview number here. 3m is the absolute best number I would have expected for it.... in 2019. It's definitely over-performing. Context is everything. 

Edited by harry713
  • Like 6

10 minutes ago, Maggie said:

‘Wish’ Looks To Be The Star Of Thanksgiving With $40M-$45M+ 5-Day; ‘Hunger Games’ $36M+, ‘Napoleon’ Heads For $28M-$32M – Box Office

https://deadline.com/2023/11/box-office-wish-napoleon-thanksgiving-1235634036/

Interesting that in the article, the range for Hunger Games is 36-45m. Maybe an upset is possible?

On the other hand, their Wednesday for Wish is way below what the tracking thread has been pointing to. So who knows.

12 minutes ago, Maggie said:

‘Wish’ Looks To Be The Star Of Thanksgiving With $40M-$45M+ 5-Day; ‘Hunger Games’ $36M+, ‘Napoleon’ Heads For $28M-$32M – Box Office

https://deadline.com/2023/11/box-office-wish-napoleon-thanksgiving-1235634036/

The theatrical march of death continues. Another atrocious Thanksgiving for the books.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, MovieMan89 said:

Y’all we’re getting truly desperate if we’re treating 3m like a blockbuster number for hype. RIP box office 

We can acknowledge the box office is in the toilet while commending a movie, one with far lower box office expectations for doing well for the kind of movie it is.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, rehpyc said:

If you think this is all a disappointment, strap in for 2024..

I think 2024 could be pretty solid. Mufasa, Inside out 2, Despicable me 4, Deadpool, Joker 2 could all be $1B films 

Gladiator 2 could have a mini Barbie run 

Kung Fu Panda could be a $700M+ film

Garfield could breakout and be a mini Mario

The only films that screams flop to me are Kraven, Madame Web, and Ghostbusters