cannastop

WONKA WEEKEND THREAD | $39 million OW for WONKA | Timothee supremacy has arrived!

5 minutes ago, Issac Newton said:

Only a couple thousand below the opening PTA for Under the Skin (same director), which I would say is pretty impressive this is a much harder sell than "Scarlett Johansson is a sext man-eating alien" (even if that movie is much weirder than that pitch implies). 

2 minutes ago, Spidey Freak said:

Let's be real tho. The entirely empty holiday season did a lot of the heavy lifting. Poor Dead Reckoning wishes it opened last December (or even this December)

Dead Reckoning definitely could have pulled a Ghost Protocol this holiday season, especially since it was the first December without a $200M+ lock since, well, 2011. But that movie would have been better off on any other date this year than the one Paramount selected.

26 minutes ago, Issac Newton said:

I love how people take these deriding sentences that we all had to hear over and over again for years between the first and second Avatar to lift it up now. I am not even a big Avatar fan, but it was very satisfying to see it go so big despite how so many people kept repeating that it had left no cultural inprint.

• Like 1