cannastop

WONKA WEEKEND THREAD | $39 million OW for WONKA | Timothee supremacy has arrived!

1 hour ago, nguyenkhoi282 said:

Around 700M. I'd say put me IN for it. 

I'm thinking 275-300M DOM and 450-475M OS for roughly 750M WW total.

There is a 0.0% chance that Wonka hits 275 million domestic after a 39 million dollar opening weekend.

• Like 4

43 minutes ago, TMP said:

You gotta stop this schtick eventually, makes every login on this site feel like groundhogs day

Not a schtick. I actually think the movie will miss 200M with this opening. It is still a hit tho.

Edit: I hope I am wrong and it does 200M but either way I think we are talking about either 190M or 210M. Either way it is a certified success.

2 hours ago, Valonqar said:

Yep one of the year;s biggest and most pleasant surprises. 

Not oddly. She always creates competition between movies that seem similar to her. She's stanning Color Purple so since they are both musiclas she wants Wonka to fail even though they target a different audience and can coexist just fine. Never heard of church groups buying theaters for Wonka but OK. She also went into rant against Barbie cause it kicked TLM's ass like nobody's business. Very weird logic. Since both TLM and TCP are remakes maybe that's why, a remake fan or something.

Funnily enough their gender is listed as male. Anyway, I've noticed they're stanning movies starring black actors or actors of color, so maybe they're rooting for them to succeed over their competition and coming off as a tad overexcited in the process? I'm not sure.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

Funnily enough their gender is listed as male. Anyway, I've noticed they're stanning movies starring black actors or actors of color, so maybe they're rooting for them to succeed over their competition and coming off as a tad overexcited in the process? I'm not sure.

Yeah nothing wrong with stanning for the movies you care about the problem is being a troll for the movies you don't because they compete as if they can not co exist. 

3 hours ago, TwoMisfits said:

By finishing #2, HG-BOSS is gonna win the "which live action film gets held over the most" this Xmas holiday.

Trolls, now being above Wish (and being another Universal product) has won the "which animated film gets held over the most" this Xmas holiday.  I expect Universal to allow theaters to not schedule any more Migration showings to give them to Trolls if there's a crunch.

We'll see if Disney has the power to keep Wish in theaters, which I expect would be the 3rd most held.

I expect everything else to fall off en masse, although Godzilla now has the best shot to keep something, with Heron's big drop...

Trolls 3 must be a let down for Universal. They touted the sequel as being gigantic during Covid and then this is what they’re hit with for the third film. Half of the first films audience. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Trolls 3 must be a let down for Universal. They touted the sequel as being gigantic during Covid and then this is what they’re hit with for the third film. Half of the first films audience. 

eh considering the second was a hybrid movie  and the fact that there was really no excitement for this one the fact that it  will get to 100 million seems like a win.

3 minutes ago, emoviefan said:

eh considering the second was a hybrid movie  and the fact that there was really no excitement for this one the fact that it  will get to 100 million seems like a win.

I disagree. Don’t forget Universal touted that the straight to video sequel made $100m in 3 weeks. That’s a drop in interest for sure here. 

Congratulations to The Hunger Games for hitting $300m WW. One of my favorite runs of the year - its legs have been super impressive. The fact that it can finish around $340m WW is great after opening to exactly $100m WW.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Universal get what they get, There isn't a big promotional campaign surrounding Trolls 3 or Migration. They can't expect them to go exponentially bigger without much input from Universal.

5 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

I disagree. Don’t forget Universal touted that the straight to video sequel made $100m in 3 weeks. That’s a drop in interest for sure here. 

There you could just say it's a fricking 3rd Troll movie.The interest should go down. They should be happy with 100 million.

With an international update for Godzilla Minus One on Wednesday, its global total will be at around 68m. Only about 12m away from beating Shin Godzillas worldwide total. Huge props for Toho… I don’t think they even thought another one of their films would Break Shins worldwide gross in a LONG time let alone their very next live action film. 

• Like 1
  • Heart 1

9 minutes ago, ChipDerby said:

0% chance you say...

7 multiplier? Yeah I feel pretty safe in saying that. It'll have fantastic legs over the holiday no doubt, but that's a huge multiplier to ask for.

• Like 1