cannastop

WONKA WEEKEND THREAD | $39 million OW for WONKA | Timothee supremacy has arrived!

Holy crap, it's like clockwork these days, our trackers can do no wrong! They've all literally nailed down the 3.5m range, and guess what? They're bloody right, as usual! 

Well done everyone, well done.

Edited by Arlborn
  • Like 14
  • Thanks 1

Excited to check this one out. Great job on the tracking team for nailing this; i work with a large amount of data now in a way that I never did before, so it's always impressive to see the kind stories we can tell from simple (or very complex) digits.

28 minutes ago, PrinceRico said:

Nice job tracking team. Hope you are right about The Color Purple having a 20+ opening day as well.

It pretty much looks like an Avengers level event in the theaters near me, so $20 million OD doesn't seem outlandish to me.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Gavin Feng said:

holy shit, that number explain why they suddenly release not one or two but three clips of Aquaman 2.

I really doubt the number is the reason, since WB should have been tracking this number too.

The reason for three clips of Aquaman 2 is because we are one week away from Aquaman 2 release.

Edited by Kon
  • Like 8

27 minutes ago, Gavin Feng said:

holy shit, that number explain why they suddenly release not one or two but three clips of Aquaman 2.

This is just normal marketing. The lack of a final trailer is the big missing piece tbh. We are a week before release, if there weren't clips, it would be weird.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, JustLurking said:

Number is solid imo. Could've been better but 35-40 is decent especially if it hits the high range, even moreso given it's had a very solid good overseas.

Yeah, not sure why anyone should be disappointed, it’s pretty expected and hopefully good WOM can get it to a great Christmas multi.

With a 125 mill budget for Wonka it looks like WB has another hit on their hands. Combined with TCP being a huge hit the studio will have a strong finish and a great year despite their CBM`s doing not that great…

34 minutes ago, Arlborn said:

Yeah, not sure why anyone should be disappointed, it’s pretty expected and hopefully good WOM can get it to a great Christmas multi.

Yeah no reason for people to act like  this should play like a fan boy rush out on Thursday night movie. This is not a FOMO movie. Time for WOM to kick in. Although the RT audience score being a decent but not great 87% so far and IMBD only 7.4 is a little concerning. Maybe people are going in not being aware it is a musical and that is throwing them. Holiday legs should counter that though.