Issac Newton

Weekdays Thread | #THU - Wonka $4.21M &Heron $896K

38 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

If Heron survive loss of screens, i think 40M is happening. Should be at 31M by MON. 

Same for Godzilla and it’s shot at 50M

3x multi is my hope. That will be a first for wide opening anime as far as I know 

Also, belated congrats to it for becoming Ghibli’s highest grossing DOM! Arrietty was one of the worst options of all for that, so justice is finally served 

Edited by MovieMan89
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, ThomasNicole said:

If Heron survive loss of screens, i think 40M is happening. Should be at 31M by MON. 

Same for Godzilla and it’s shot at 50M

We can’t rule out them getting more screens again the first 2 weeks of January. If Ferrari, Boys in the Boat, etc. make no money, they’ll get shuffled out for more reliable titles. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MovieMan89 said:

Heron is doing so good, why tf do we have 8 wide releases? That’s just unacceptable scheduling. I hope a few bomb spectacularly and Heron picks up some screens again. 

The number of theaters for this upcoming weekend is out. However there is no figure disclosed for Heron and Godzllia. So we still don't know how bad the lose of screen gonna be. 

1 hour ago, Borobudur said:

The number of theaters for this upcoming weekend is out. However there is no figure disclosed for Heron and Godzllia. So we still don't know how bad the lose of screen gonna be. 

it's not uncommon for movies to lose screens during Holiday corridor but still go up in gross. We saw this with Wakanda Forever last year. A "rising tide lifts all boats" effect.

Box Office Report: Holiday Weekend Predictions -- 4-Day: 1. Aquaman ($33M) 2. Wonka (29.5M) 3. Migration ($19 M) 4. The Color Purple ($18.5 M) 5. Anyone But You ($8.3 M) 6. Salaar: Part 1 - Ceasefire ($8.0 M) 7. The Iron Claw $5.6 M

http://www.boxofficereport.com/predictions/predictions20231221.html

In the description, they list the FSS 3-day predictions as well:

1. Aquaman -- $25.0 M 3-day

2. Wonka $20.0 M 3-day

3. Migration $14.0 M 3-day

4. Salaar: Part 1 - Ceasefire - $6.2 M 3-day (slightly ahead of Anyone But You; citing over $2 M in presales as of early Thurs.)

5. Anyone But You - $6.0 M 3-day (slightly behind here, different from the 4-day ranking, presumably getting a Christmas bounce)

6. The Iron Claw - $4.2 M 3-day

10 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

Pre-emptively? I thought 300m was as of last weekend. I just realised they didn't bother to report theater count either. 

https://www.the-numbers.com/movie/Hunger-Games-The-The-Ballad-of-Songbirds-and-Snakes-(2023)#tab=box-office

Bearing in mind they've not reported since Tuesday, its added about 2.2 domestic Tuesday-Wednesday. Its not officially there yet. Could be international reporting delays, not sure.

8 minutes ago, Juliet said:

https://www.the-numbers.com/movie/Hunger-Games-The-The-Ballad-of-Songbirds-and-Snakes-(2023)#tab=box-office

Bearing in mind they've not reported since Tuesday, its added about 2.2 domestic Tuesday-Wednesday. Its not officially there yet. Could be international reporting delays, not sure.

The number reported incomplete numbers, since lionsgate sold some of the distribution right to local distributor which the BO aren’t necessarily captured. In actual, the movie already pass 300m , comscore confirmed the same.