Issac Newton

Weekdays Thread | #THU - Wonka $4.21M &Heron $896K

Caught a preview of Anyone But You tonight. Maybe 20 people in the theater which is not bad as I don't think this was advertised much at all.

I literally gasped about 15 minutes into the movie when Brenda Chenoweth (Rachel Griffiths) appeared on screen. I had no idea she was in this and I have not seen her since the halcyon days of yore known as Six Feet Under. She looked great, even if it was a bit jarring to see her in a different generational role.

As for the movie itself, it was a perfectly fine rom com with some genuinely sweet and funny moments. The movie tried some new things for the genre which is always nice given how formulaic the genre can be. There was an attempted plot contrivance which went nowhere fast which makes me think the film underwent a considerable hatchet job following some test screenings. As it is, a part of the film felt unnecessary. However, I wouldn't call the film bloated as it moves along at a nice clip.

I am kind of surprised the film wasn't held for Valentine's Day; but it is entertaining enough that hopefully moviegoers will find it over the holidays and turn it into a minor hit. Sweeney is credited as an executive producer on the film so I hope it doesn't flop. Granted, it's not a classic. It is a more than suitable cinematic diversion, though. I give it a solid B as it is almost within grasp of a B+.

Edited by LonePirate
  • Like 9

Wonka had a similar jump as Ferdinand did

4.6 (-23.4%)

5.6 (+22.1%)

9.22 (+64.5%)

10.07 (+8.5%)

5.06 (-49.4%)

9.30 (+83.7%)

~93M on Christmas If Wonka follows Ferdinand jumps

• Thanks 1